You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    After an extended period of time off plan, you start up keto again, and know it'll be a few days...but cant stop testing for ketones with the ketostix....cant wait for the purple! The energy rush! The whoosh! So excited!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    You know it's Meativore May when...

rWyt9wp.png
    :D
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I love this thread - totally my fave one on the low carb boards!
    When you eat the left over juice from the kids (handmade) hamburger patties as a snack before heading out to a workout class
  • jemcult15
    jemcult15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You grab lunch at a supermarket hot Bar, and leave at least $15 poorer. Surves me right for not packing lunch.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    When, after licking all the ghee off your plate from the fried steak, you look at the pan and wish it wasn't so deep because licking it out would be near impossible.

One word, @cstehansen. Spatula. A silicon spatula.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    That's three words.

Replied the pedant.

(I'm being exceptionally tolerant by not counting the repetition....)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Nope. The word was a single word first. Then the explanation was three words.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Ah. But you didn't specify an explanation. You merely highlighted the single-word response. I call you out by hair-splitting.

I'm not known as an aggravating pedant for nothing, you know.

(Chroist, I need to get out more..... )
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Nice article! I have what can only be described as the world's laziest dog but I noticed she was actually getting lethargic. Grain free dog food is ridiculously expensive and we currently have more eggs than we can eat so they've been getting those plus any leftover meats I don't use for lunches as well. Its made a difference in both of them, even the one who wasn't having that problem.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Could I just interject here?
    As a seasoned Dog Behaviourist (and no, I do not care for Cesar Millan's methods one single bit!) I have long been an advocate of giving dogs a BARF diet. Bones And Raw Food.

(No, I do not support, sponsor or own the site I have linked. I just did it as a demo....)

All these high-cereal dry foods made for dogs are simply a way of taking a vast amount of money out of your pocket (like a dog's castration!), and keeping your dog on as unnatural a diet as it's possible to be.
    I currently don't own a dog, because our landlord is anti-pets (I know, it's too much to bear at times. I miss having one like you can't imagine!) but when I did, she had a BARF diet and thrived better than any hound the vet had seen. But he kept telling me her diet should have been supplemented.... Seems Human-Doctors aren't the only ones who can't wrap their head round this issue!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options
    I know the dogs are liking the new way of eating and I think the cats are getting jealous. I'm switching them too, just finishing the current bag. One kitty was raising cane this morning about the dogs' breakfast chicken until I gave him some. The other kitty neglected to show herself this morning so she'll have to hunt down a mole for breakfast.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE dog nerd...huge animal nerd really. I've been curious about BARF/raw, but don't know enough about it to implement it. I'm nervous I'm going to inadvertently not provide enough vitamins and other stuff they may need. A friend of mine with a cancerous dog is doing raw with great results. For now I do a combination of high protein/grain free kibble and cook for them. Usually combinations of meat, sardines, eggs, pumpkin, spinach, green beans, greek yogurt, etc. They get a mix of kibble and homemade food with each feeding.

Both of my dogs are from bad breeding/puppymill situations through the rescue group I used to foster for. Seeing the changes both of them have made being fed decent food, I truly believe that the higher quality you can feed them, the better. Not only have their coats improved, but one of mine used to have terrible yeast/ear issues...and now poof...they are gone.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    At first my dog was sad about me moving LCHF because I stopped pouring bacon and hamburger grease on his food. Now, I think he has gotten over it as he gets at least one bone most days. He is especially fond of when I make ribs as there is a high bone to meat ratio, and when I make them, I make enough to get 3-4 meals because I do it on the wood smoker. If I am going to have to babysit that smoker for 4+ hours, I am going to make enough on it to make it worthwhile.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options
    My dogs love rib bones. In fact the last few times we've been to restaurants I've brought home bones for them. The looks the servers give me when I ask for boxes for the bones are bonus points.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My pupper has been raw fed for nigh on 8 years now, and at 11 1/2 people still ask me if I'm telling them her age in months instead of years. Spry little thing with a gorgeous coat, gorgeous teeth, and lovely breath.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    When you get excited - after a half hour search through the store cooler - when you find one last tub of full fat plain Greek yogurt!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I love this thread - totally my fave one on the low carb boards!
    When you eat the left over juice from the kids (handmade) hamburger patties as a snack before heading out to a workout class

L.o.l too funny!!