Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    mae918 wrote: »
    Me: 27
    B: 0
    B-free: 41

Thank you @KnitOrMiss!!! These past 41 days have not been without struggle... You asked how I stopped myself.. I'm at the point now where I think "I have it under control," but I know from so many past experiences throughout my life that I never have it under control and I never fully will. I started taking on a low carb/sugar approach about a month ago (most of my trigger foods are in this category). For the most part I just don't play with fire and I stay away from them, but I caught myself over-indulging and reminded myself that I would quickly spiral if I kept it up and I've just been making so much progress.. I didn't want to break my 40-day streak.. accountability of this group is what got me (and kept me) on track these last two years. I have to keep reminding myself that I will always need accountability..and that the struggle isn't nearly over if I lose a few pounds. This is forever for me, but that's okay - because what a great thing to be so intentional in putting positive energy into my health.

@mae918 - that is so awesome. I'm like this...sometimes. For me, it comes in waves. I think overall I'm more able to recognize the worst of it before it happens, but sometimes stress, worry, boredom, they override the "giving a darn" for me. I think that's my biggest issue. I'm struggling right now to find my level, as the plan I'd been following was triggering a health situation for me. I'm hoping to get in to see a dietitian soon (referral, just not appointment yet).

I explained it to someone last night, it's like I'm putting together a puzzle without having a reference picture on the box. I have most of the sides put together, but the picture isn't obvious yet what it is. I can't tell QUITE how the sides go together, because I'm still missing all the corner pieces. I can keep going, but at some point, I'm going to have to flip around at least one or two "side" pieces, and something I thought I knew will change - and quite possible dramatically. It's frustrating, but I guess at least I have the side pieces going on... It's generally downhill from there, right? Picture or not?

Congrats on your continued progress. I think I learn more from the mistakes I make than I do from my success. :)
  • gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Oct 29

Me 15
    B 3
    Streak 2
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Me:9
    Binge:0
    BF:9
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Oct 29

Me: 27
    Binge: 0

Streak: 40

Friday PM is always the toughest day for me with BINGE.
    Not a stellar day for me but proud that I woke up from a nap
    and my wife was watching

5z5ol2ytapeb.jpg

Really wanted to go get a coke, some chips and watch all the crap this
    guy was eating. Had to leave the room. Day 40 was a TEST!

• gr33nslime
    Options
    Oct 30

Me 16
    B 3
    Streak 3

Lots of Halloween treats in the house - not self bought - have had to put out of sight but definitely isn't out of mind.... hard day ahead.
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Oct 30

Me: 29

Streak: 41

The scale this week went up .4 ... Not sure how this happened? I cannot image that Kung Poa Tofu on Friday having that many more calories than I estimated. But my Sunday School Lesson has a verse from Hebrews that seems to fit for me the struggle of this battle.

Hebrews 12:1

Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us.

Good luck to you and may you tap into the strength of your perseverance today!
  • gr33nslime
    Options
    Oct 31

Me 17
    B 3
    Streak 4

Thanks for your wise words hillmike56. Will need that perseverance today for the trick or treaters to ensure its not a case of '1 for them, 1 for me' and then what to do with the left overs?
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Oct 30

Me: 25*
    Binge: 5

Streak: 5
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Nov 1st

Me: 31

Streak: 42
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 31
    B: 0
    B-free: 45

@KnitOrMiss - thank you always, for your support. I hope you're doing alright and solving the health mysteries. Keep pushing. You got this!
  • gr33nslime
    Options
    2 Nov

Me 1
    B 1

Streak 1
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    Streak: 1

Back after falling off the wagon big-time (weeks of binge-starve cycles, mostly binge), and considering 11/1 the "start-over." Haven't been in the best of places mentally/emotionally for a while now. It's hard to force myself to eat right and work out when it takes everything I've got just to get out of bed most mornings. Hoping my vacation later this month helps...
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I completely forgot to start a new thread for November, but it's up!!! YAY!