TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Howdy from South Africa. I am basically at maintenance although I would like to drop another 5 kg to maintain at fighting weight. Hoping that the current season of challenges (and the start of summer ) will help me with the motivation to be scrict with my food. Exercise is fun for me (epee fencing, Brazilian Jui Jitsu, swimming and running) although the last year has been slow thanks to a torn acl and acouple of concussions. I have three fur kids at home and lots of scaly ones at work (OK, one at home is scaly and a few at work are furry). I work with reptiles, spiders and seals! Looking forward to a fun adventure with the team. I don't really mind what we are called...
  • Trigirl247
    Trigirl247 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul, so sorry to read about your family member. I hope you find comfort knowing your cute dog left you with some great memories!
  • Trigirl247
    Trigirl247 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is "The Fantastic Five" but I also like:
    #1Five Star Racers
    #2Golden Rulers
    #3FabFives
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul - so sorry to hear about your fur baby! They really are family and it is so hard when you lose one. :'( Take the time to grieve, and give yourself a bit of grace during the process. (((hugs)))

Howdy to everyone else! We're going to be an awesome team! :smiley:

Just got back from a 115 minute paddle in crazy winds (I thought they were going to be 5-10mph, but instead were 10-15 mph ~ I typically find other landlocked things to do when it's over 10 mph). Exhausted but happy that I got some water miles in today. :)
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul So sorry to hear about Bella. I have 2 dogs of my own and know how much they become part of your family. Hugs.
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jackie. This is my first Amazing Race and I am so excited to be a part of this group. I am a 45 year old mother of 2 grown kids. I enjoy spending the evening walking my 2 dogs but we have just had the most ridiculous fall storm So it looks like I'll be spending the next few days walking the treadmill or dusting off my workout videos instead. I have gained and lost weight more times than I'd like to admit over the past few years. However, I am happy to have this group to help keep me motivated and get my weight and physical activity in check.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.

jvf4d9zi75o4.jpg

Here's a revised list of suggestions:
    1) Team 5
    2) Flying High-Fivers
    3) Five Star Hotties
    4) Fit Fives
    5) Rus' Angels
    6) Five Star Racers
    7) Five Golden Rings
    8) Golden Rulers
    9) Fab Fives
    10) Fantastic Five
    11) Sole Survivors
    12) Holy Walkamolies
    13) Lost in Pace
    14) Take a Hike
    15) Got the Runs
    16) Toe Jammers
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hey team... has anyone heard from @bowlerae ? I think she is the only newbie to not yet report. We have 4 other returnees that haven't yet reported, but I have nudged them a little, so hopefully by tomorrow. :smile:
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    *wheeze* Did I make in time?! I was at the OTHER Leavenworth (Kansas) when I realized my mistake. Luckily it was only the "short tour", and I got back on the road. Anyone got a beer?! Just burned a ton of calories to get here... ;)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @ rusgolden . i did send out my friends requests but haven't had a reply from her yet .

@2run2ski. the spread sheet link is ready and waiting .

Good Luck Everyone :)

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer WooHoo, the journey has begun.

I started out from home in sunny Port Elizabeth, South Africa, which is known as the Friendly City or the Windy City, but is really just a small town in a large space because of the awesome vibe in the city. I love being close to the ocean (which is warm enough to swim in most of the year) and because it isn't such a huge city, everything is nearby, including one of the countries largest game reserves, Addo Elephant National Park, which hosts not only the Big 5, but the BIg 7 (marine reserve with Great white Shark and Southern Right Whale) and no malaria!! (Sorry, Kruger, we are just better!!!)

Friend requests sent...
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi my name is April. I'm 27, not married but in a LDR. I'm originally from Mananas, VA but now I live just outside of Atlanta. This will be my first Amazing Race Challenge. I am very active on the Low Carber Daily Forum, I have a keto/VLCHF WOE. I primarily only add keto/LCHF people with active diaries/feeds as friends on MFP. If this is you, feel free to add me.

@geminiswede I'm also a gamer :smiley: and I also love travelling.

Tagging @MissionEnforcer for introduction
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    If we are still voting on a team name then I liked the suggestion "Fit Fives"
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

I am so proud of me..here i am ready to rock.

Challenge 1~ Sent out friend request~10 points

Challenge 2~I did the chant..funny glad nobody is home and the drumming. I have an exercise ball and used two wooden spoons this scared my dog..lol

Challenge 3~ This will be an easy one for me as i always drink about 100 or more ounces of water a day..

Now a little about where i live..

I live in Fort Mill South Carolina,USA
    It's about five minutes from Charlotte North Carolina home of the Panther Football team which went to the Super Bowl and lost like i knew they would last year and this year are really sucking as they have won just one game. Thankfully i am not a football fan but my partner is so yeah bad for him..

I love the area where i live because of the weather. It fits me perfect. I can run outside almost all year as it only snows or ices once or twice.
    Here is a picture of one of my sunflowers i grew this year

yikfg4zecd63.jpg
    Living in a small town close to a big city you have it all. It's quite when you want it and if you feel the need to go out it's just minutes away..