TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Unfortunately I think I'll have to take it easy today. I haven't been feeling well, but have worsened overnight with fever symptoms (sore body, congestion, etc.). Was a bit achy and had a sore chest cough yesterday, but carried on as it wasn't too bad. I think I just need to rest up. Will continue to drink plenty of fluids (day 3 of 5) and look at the second challenge in the meantime.

On a positive note, I'm really proud if our team for powering ahead. It's great to see so much activity and I hope that we can continue with this momentum. Well done everyone!

• milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    When I checked the spreadsheet on Monday evening (my time), it was showing as locked. So I figured I had to wait. It still says locked, but apparently I can enter stuff? I haven't done too much, because it's been pretty hectic with work. I've got some hockey coming up, and I'm getting back into the workout program, so I'll be able to add some more minutes. Sorry!

I don't track my water, but I'm usually responsible for draining the water cooler at work. My count was 11 glasses yesterday, and about the same on Monday.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    @RaeBeeBaby @bowlerae @milesaway61

Just checking to see if you're having any issues getting to the spreadsheet to enter in your minutes and challenge points. Don't take this as harassing you to get your minutes in (although it is nice to have everyone entering daily)... here is the link if you need it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRqt4GvOnfbAztyZcNaolQQoCAX5SRCZHabOfAKUZec/edit#gid=1025773285

Great job everyone!!

@MiamiSeoul ... do we have a tally for the team name yet?

Good morning!

11 teammates have voted & these are the top three:
    1) Fab Fives
    2) Fit Fives
    3) Five Star Racers

@rusgolden & @2016summerfun, if you're ready to call it, Team Five is now FAB FIVES!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    My tally will be much lower today... My plans are being foiled! Plus I just got a new book... I wonder if I can read while on the exercise bike tonight (two birds mind set!!)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @ Meowler.. hope you feel better soon .

@MiamiSeoul ... fine by me .

• 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Meowler wrote: »
    Unfortunately I think I'll have to take it easy today. I haven't been feeling well

No worries! Rest well and feel better soon! :)

@captainboing. Two birds plan sounds good! What's the book?
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My tally will be much lower today... My plans are being foiled! Plus I just got a new book... I wonder if I can read while on the exercise bike tonight (two birds mind set!!)

Oh, I love a good book! I download audio versions of the books I am reading so I can listen while working out or in the car :)
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »

Just checking to see if you're having any issues getting to the spreadsheet to enter in your minutes and challenge points. Don't take this as harassing you to get your minutes in (although it is nice to have everyone entering daily)... here is the link if you need it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRqt4GvOnfbAztyZcNaolQQoCAX5SRCZHabOfAKUZec/edit#gid=1025773285

Great job everyone!!

Good morning!

11 teammates have voted & these are the top three:
    1) Fab Fives
    2) Fit Fives
    3) Five Star Racers

@rusgolden & @2016summerfun, if you're ready to call it, Team Five is now FAB FIVES!

Love it <3 Woohoo FAB FIVES!!
    Meowler wrote: »
    Unfortunately I think I'll have to take it easy today. I haven't been feeling well, but have worsened overnight with fever symptoms (sore body, congestion, etc.). Was a bit achy and had a sore chest cough yesterday, but carried on as it wasn't too bad. I think I just need to rest up. Will continue to drink plenty of fluids (day 3 of 5) and look at the second challenge in the meantime.

On a positive note, I'm really proud if our team for powering ahead. It's great to see so much activity and I hope that we can continue with this momentum. Well done everyone!

Oh no, feel better!! Being sick is no fun :(
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    FAB FIVES it is then!!

I am checking to see when challenge 1 will be verified... I just don't want to get to the weekend and having to scramble if one of the parts of the challenge wasn't met.

I am 2/2 on my water intake! I am still putting off challenge #2 until I get home this weekend.

@Meowler I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Also, I know that @bowlerae was having a migraine last night, so good thoughts to you as well!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hey Fab Fives!

@rusgolden - Thanks for asking about challenge 1 in the Q&A thread. He's going to have a lot to verify if he waits until the end. Hope your vacation is going awesome!

@Meowler - Rest up and feel better soon! :heart:

@bowlerae - Hope the overnight rest sent that migraine packing! :heart:

@milesaway61 - Yea, the tabs have little lock pictures on them. I wasn't sure why, but I'm guessing that since some of the cells on the spreadsheet are locked, that's why they are there. You should be able to click on the team tab and update your times and completed challenges since those cells aren't locked. You can then click on the other tabs and see the progress of the team or your ranking against everyone.

I'm heading to the gym after I fix my A/C which went down yesterday. I may also have some lighter days of working out for the next few since my shoulder is hurting more than I'd like. Luckily my next race isn't for about three more weeks. I also have been just exhausted the past couple of days, and realized that I worked out 8 days without a break, and I usually like to take a rest day or two over the weekend. I'm going to push through until the weekend though since I want to get three gym workouts in for the week, and I'm not sure how much paddling I'll be getting in next week.

I also noticed that one of the other teams is only just beating us right now because they have more challenge points than us...we are much further ahead than they are in mileage. So, as was mentioned earlier, those challenges really do have a big impact on our team standings. But I'm so impressed at the mileage our team had already put in. At this rate, we should be the first to make it to the destination! Woot!! :smiley:
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    Fab Fives, I completed all of the videos. @MissionEnforcer I did the drumming three times each. I used my bar stools, a spoon, a pasta spoon & my son's helmet.

4z51a5rrltiv.jpg

I'm totally taking the chant to my 30th reunion, our mascot is the VIKING! They're going to love it! BTW, I worked up a full sweat by the second run-through of the second video. I appreciate that they seemed to get progressively more advanced, but I still didn't quite stay with the beat - AND I THINK I HAVE GREAT RHYTHM! Also, is there a concensus on the time we use for the challenge? Is it 3 minutes each x nine? I think I saw @rusgolden use 26 minutes.

Take care @Meowler & I feel your pain @bowlerae - I suffer with migraines too, no fun! Feel better!

Let's continue doing what we've been doing. There is a target on our collective backs - the other teams are taking, LOL! Happy hump day!

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Sweet @MiamiSeoul - WTG! FYI, my 26 minutes was for some stretching and ab workout video I did this morning... I think I saw that someone else figured in 37 minutes for challenge #2. Take care of that shoulder!!

I like it when other teams start talking about us... just gives us more motivation to stay on top!
  • b3achy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Woot! My air condition is fixed (my drip pan fills up and so I have to get out the wet vac and suck the water out since it hangs from my ceiling in my garage, also have to try to unplug the water pipe where the water is supposed to be draining - which I didn't do last time too well, I guess). Figured it would take me about 10 minutes since I just did it less than 2 weeks ago, and was shocked it took about 25 to get it done. Guess all that climbing up and down the ladder takes more time than I thought. Hopefully, got it working for more than just a few days this time. Okay, now time for the gym.

@MiamiSeoul - love the picture! Yea, I used my stop watch and got about 37 minutes to do the viking video x 3 and the 3 videos x 3 for the challenge. I was doing pretty quick transitions though between them, so I'm sure it could be a minute or two longer for some. And thanks for making me feel better about my rhythm if you were challenged to keep up. I just started to do my own thing for a couple of them, and it wasn't pretty.

And thanks so much for doing the tallying for the team name votes! You are fabulous!! :)
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I do audio books sometimes but love actually reading. I'm doing ebook this time because I can't wait until it is released in hard copy in my country. The #4 in my favourite series by my favourite author! The Four Legendary Kingdoms by Matthew Reilly. It's brilliant and I even did 60 minutes of gentle cycling while reading! There is a benefit to fencing being cancelled...
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options

Great job everyone!!

Sorry, life has gotten super busy. I've been exercising and doing some of the challenge stuff, but haven't tried to update the spreadsheet yet. I will do so this afternoon. Just getting caught up reading everyone's posts. Team 5 rocks!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1 - complete!

Part 1 - I've friended and/or accepted friend requests from all team 5 teammates!
    Part 2 - tag @MissionEnforcer
    Part 3 - share a little about where you're from.

I live in the country in a rural farming community in the beautiful state of Oregon, USA. Farmers around here grow just about everything you can imagine, but we're known best for being the Christmas tree capitol of the world, also hazelnuts (filberts), and wine grapes, so I'm surrounded by vineyards and lots and lots of trees. Oregon makes some amazing wines and craft beers. One of the closest towns to me is Mt. Angel, where they have an annual Oktoberfest (like Leavenworth, WA) that often draws half a million people in one weekend!

Even though I'm in the country it's never far to go someplace amazing. I'm a half hour from the state capitol of Salem, one hour from the largest city Portland, one hour from the beach, and one hour from the mountains. Also, so many beautiful places to hike nearby including Silver Falls State Park and in the Columbia River Gorge, where there are literally hundreds of waterfalls.

My backyard:
    ydyh20nw2bqf.jpg

Silver Falls State Park (practically in my back yard):
    yvpil4inm2s0.jpg

Oregon coast:
    is02tn5o6dms.jpg

Mount Hood (disc golf tournament):
    7i9m38c2977u.jpg

Mt. Angel Oktoberfest:
    va297naf73r6.jpg

• MiamiSeoul
    Options
    WEEK ONE: RACING TO REYKJAVIK

CHALLENGE #1: “Let’s Say Halló in Iceland!” (10 points)
    1. Completed M 10/17
    2. & 3. Completed T 10/18

CHALLENGE #2: “Drum to a Viking Beat!” (10 points)
    Completed W 10/19

CHALLENGE #3: “Fill Up at the Foss!” (5 points)
    194.5/2 = 97.25 = 12-ish eight-ounce cups/day
    M 10/17 - 17 cups
    T 10/18 - 15 cups
    W 10/19 - 17 cups

Minutes/Miles
    17 Oct. 151 minutes
    18 Oct. 181 minutes
    19 Oct. 170 minutes (treadmill walk + Amazing Race Challenge #2)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: 32 minutes HIIT.
    (Mondays and Tuesdays are my busy days at work. So even though I collect 15+ miles on those days in the warehouse, I'm pooped when I get home. So the rest of the week you'll see better exercise minutes.)
  • b3achy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Way to go Fab Five! We're already over 75% of the way to Reyjavik! Woo hoo! I'm thinking we might be there by tomorrow! And what I love is that while we have some folks kicking butt on the workouts (3 in the top 10), this has been truly a team effort to get us this far! :star:

I like your style @MiamiSeoul, so for accountability going to start to post my status too...
    Week 1 Status:
    Challenge 1 - Friending and City Introductions - Done on 17 October
    Challenge 2 - Cardio Drumming Videos - 37 minutes - Done on 17 October
    Challenge 3 - 132lbs / 2 = 66 oz of water < 9 cups (72oz) / day for 5 days:
    --Monday 10 cups (80 oz);
    --Tuesday 10 cups (80 oz);
    --Wednesday 10 cups (80 oz);
    "Mileage":
    17 October - 32 min Strength Training; 3 min Planks; 37 min Cardio Drumming Videos = 72 minutes
    18 October - 105 min SUP; 5 min Stretching; 4 min Planks = 114 minutes
    19 October - 25 min Fixing AC; 35 min Strength Training = 60 minutes
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Um, I just checked the power rankings again. How can someone have 3945 minutes in one day? That is over 65 hours, and my days only have 24, not to mention the fact that there is no way I can exercise the entire day!!!

I'm guessing it is an error, but they are not on our team and I am not sure who to query it with.

Time Travel!