TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Challenge # 1: I have friended all teammates.
    @MissionEnforcer

I introduced myself on Monday but never had a chance to tell you about where I live. I live in St. Walburg, Saskatchewan. It is a small town of about 800 people. Our main industries are oil and farming. I had never lived in a small town until I moved into the area for a teaching job about 11 years ago but I've really enjoyed living here. This area is known as the Lakeland region for good reason. There are lakes everywhere. One of my favourite things about St. Walburg is the TransCanada trails through the forest at the edge of town. Come summer, my dogs and I spend lots of time walking those trails.avn6eo8ks9kg.jpg
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Today's weight is 127.6[/quote]

Hi.. just noticed you haven't put your start weight or your weight for last wednesday in the spread sheet . :)

• 2016summerfun
    Options
    vanessa40 wrote: »
    Hello Team..

Today's weight is 127.6

Hi.. just noticed you haven't put your start weight or your weight for last Wednesday in the spread sheet .
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    For anyone that missed my first post .

I will be giving mentions to the girls on our team who have lost weight on sunday's. if you would like a mention just let me know your weigh in day .

So far i have ..

Meowler - monday
    Jackiep248 - monday
    Geminiswede - monday
    Bowlerae - monday
    Vanessa40 - wednesday
    Miami seoul - thursday
    B3achy - friday
    2016summerfun - friday
    1ja860813 - saturday

Lets get fit and lose lbs & inches along the way :p
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    Me Again :) just a reminder to say how important it is to get the three challenges done and enter your miles. we are working as a team and i'm sure you wont want to let your team down.

As soon as you have done your miles on Sunday ( what with time zones ) please enter them. :)

• milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @2016summerfun My weigh in day is usually Sunday.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options

I will be giving mentions to the girls on our team who have lost weight on sunday's. if you would like a mention just let me know your weigh in day .

So far i have ..

Meowler - monday
    Jackiep248 - monday
    Geminiswede - monday
    Bowlerae - monday
    Vanessa40 - wednesday
    Miami seoul - thursday
    B3achy - friday
    2016summerfun - friday
    1ja860813 - saturday

My weighins are Saturday. Last week I was at 148.8lbs (I don't believe I ever posted.)
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    @My_Butt . I have just added your start weigh in the weight tracker for you. :)
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options

So far i have ..

Meowler - monday
    Jackiep248 - monday
    Geminiswede - monday
    Bowlerae - monday
    Vanessa40 - wednesday
    Miami seoul - thursday
    B3achy - friday
    2016summerfun - friday
    1ja860813 - saturday

I'll do my weigh in on Monday too. Thanks!
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If you choose to delete a post within the hour, is there a way to do it? I keep getting: "Body is required"
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,149 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Needed to take a bit of a rest day today - at least I got some planks done. I'm even on weight for the week, but relieved a bit since I've been bloated most of the week. Should finish water challenge tonight, and then I'm done for all the challenges.

Noticed that while we're ahead in miles, it's definitely the challenges that are allowing the other teams to move ahead of us. I'm sure everyone will have time this weekend to get theirs done so we can soar ahead of the other teams and get back into first place. Great to see so many people pushing to get it done!

Here's my stats so far for the week:
    Week 1 Status:
    Challenge 1 - Friending and City Introductions - Done on 17 October
    Challenge 2 - Cardio Drumming Videos - 37 minutes - Done on 17 October
    Challenge 3 - 132lbs / 2 = 66 oz of water < 9+ cups (72oz) goal / day for 5 days:
    -- Monday 10 cups (80 oz);
    -- Tuesday 10 cups (80 oz);
    -- Wednesday 12 cups (96 oz);
    -- Thursday 11 cups (88 oz);
    -- Friday - In progress
    "Mileage":
    17 October - 32 min Strength Training; 3 min Planks; 37 min Cardio Drumming Videos = 72 minutes
    18 October - 105 min SUP; 18 min Load/Unload SUP; 5 min Stretching; 4 min Planks = 132 minutes
    19 October - 25 min Fixing AC; 35 min Strength Training = 60 minutes
    20 October - 90 min SUP; 18 min Load/Unload SUP; 5 min Stretching = 113 minutes
    21 October - Rest Day; 6 min Planks = 6 minutes
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Fab Fives, I completed all of the videos. @MissionEnforcer I did the drumming three times each. I used my bar stools, a spoon, a pasta spoon & my son's helmet.

4z51a5rrltiv.jpg

I'm totally taking the chant to my 30th reunion, our mascot is the VIKING! They're going to love it! BTW, I worked up a full sweat by the second run-through of the second video. I appreciate that they seemed to get progressively more advanced, but I still didn't quite stay with the beat - AND I THINK I HAVE GREAT RHYTHM! Also, is there a concensus on the time we use for the challenge? Is it 3 minutes each x nine? I think I saw @rusgolden use 26 minutes.

Take care @Meowler & I feel your pain @bowlerae - I suffer with migraines too, no fun! Feel better!

Let's continue doing what we've been doing. There is a target on our collective backs - the other teams are taking, LOL! Happy hump day!

Ah, this is awesome!! haha, good Job!!
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi Fab Fives

So glad to see we have made it to our first destination. We are in third, but SO close to 2nd and 1st!! This I think is going to be a close race the whole way, so exciting!! Well... got all my exercise information updated. I just have to say, I believe my little poodle is glad I got my drumming out of the way, haha!! He was less than thrilled at my new adventure ;) especially when the kiddos joined in! Anyways... I unfortunately did not meet challenge 3. I sturggle with this one every time!! I have a hard time drinking water... I am up for suggestions from my awesome team mates!

Looking forward to the end of our first week... will be adding lots more time this weekend! :)

Go Fab Fives, we can do it!! Remember... challenge points are the key to a great race!!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    2run2ski wrote: »
    If you choose to delete a post within the hour, is there a way to do it? I keep getting: "Body is required"

Delete? No. Within the hour you can edit it. Basically you need to delete everything you wrote, and put in a Happy Face or anything, actually. Even a "." will still show as a 2" post.

After an hour, the only way is to write MFP and ask them to remove it, as owner of the post.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,149 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    lja860813 wrote: »
    I have a hard time drinking water... I am up for suggestions from my awesome team mates!

I used to struggle with water too...

So this is going to sound a bit odd, but I read somewhere that if you use a straw, you tend to drink more. So all of my water bottles have a straw vs being an open/wide mouth. Also if I put water in a cup, I'll now grab a straw. It's weird, but it works for me.

I always keep my water bottle (or cup) with me, so I never have an excuse to not be drinking water.

I also have to put lemon or lime in my water since I find almost all water has a bad after taste (even if I have filtered water and certain bottled waters I can't even gag down). About the only time I can drink straight water is if I'm super thirsty after a race or working out. I will admit I sort of disagreed with the mods on the challenge that you couldn't put something like crystal light in your water, since that was originally the only way I could get water down. But was relieved to see they at least allowed fruit. To me, it's more about getting more fluids in, but I guess they had to draw the line somewhere.

Not sure any of that helps, but it's what has worked for me.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Progress:
    Challenge 1 - 10 points
    complete

Challenge 2 - 10 points
    1. "Viking Chant" Video x3 done
    2. YouTube Video #1 x3 done , YouTube Video #2 x3, done YouTube Video #3 x3 done

I also ended up doing my own version using step, and my body instead of drums. It wasn't pretty... but it got my heart rate up! :blush:

Challenge 3 - 5 points
    Water Challenge - 60 ounces of water 5 days out of 7

Day 3 of 5 complete- Barelyyy met my goal again today. Got in the last few ounces at 11:35 pm. :weary:

Minutes: 120 (40 cardio, 60 strength 20 flex)

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    One thing I do for water is take my water bottle to bed. I put it on my bedside. I airways wake up in the night thirsty, so I can get a head start on the water :wink:
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    @2016summerfun - I just posted my starting weight from last week. (Had it on another spreadsheet from a different challenge, so I know it's accurate.) My usual weigh-in day is Friday.

Thanks!