TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    . My Aussie, Sassy, thought it was so much fun that had to get in on the action. She grabbed her rubber chicken squeaky toy and kept darting around me and dropping it on the coffee table. We both got a good workout - drum, drum, drum, dance, throw squeaky toy, drum, drum, drum, dance, fling squeaky toy, repeat, repeat, repeat, for about 20 minutes total. Short pause to take the picture and then back to it. Hubby came home in the middle of all this excitement and confirmed his opinion regarding my eccentricity.

Hilarious!! I can totally picture this! Too bad you don't have a video to post! lol :)

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WEEK ONE: RACING TO REYKJAVIK

CHALLENGE #1: “Let’s Say Halló in Iceland!” (10 points)
    1. Completed M 10/17
    2. & 3. Completed T 10/18

CHALLENGE #2: “Drum to a Viking Beat!” (10 points)
    Completed W 10/19

CHALLENGE #3: “Fill Up at the Foss!” (5 points)
    194.5/2 = 97.25 = 12-ish eight-ounce cups/day
    M 10/17 - 17 cups
    T 10/18 - 15 cups
    W 10/19 - 17 cups
    R 10/20 - 16 cups
    F 10/21 - 16 cups
    Complete F 10/21

Minutes/Miles
    17 Oct. 151 minutes
    18 Oct. 181 minutes
    19 Oct. 170 minutes
    20 Oct. 166 minutes
    21 Oct. 110 minutes (60 minute walk + 50 minutes of day 18 of my 30 day challenges)

@MissionEnforcer, water is complete!

I'm pooped, good night everyone!
  • KatKat1209
    KatKat1209 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My stats to date:

Challenge 1 - 10 points
    complete and posted

Challenge 2 - 10 points
    1. "Viking Chant" Video x3 - complete
    2. YouTube Videos 3 videos X 3 - complete
    3. My own drum beat workout - complete

I found a YouTube video with African drums and made up my own thing to go along with it. Hubby inherited this handmade drum from his sister and I used that for the main one, along with play balls in two wastebaskets and two wooden kitchen utensils. My Aussie, Sassy, thought it was so much fun that had to get in on the action. She grabbed her rubber chicken squeaky toy and kept darting around me and dropping it on the coffee table. We both got a good workout - drum, drum, drum, dance, throw squeaky toy, drum, drum, drum, dance, fling squeaky toy, repeat, repeat, repeat, for about 20 minutes total. Short pause to take the picture and then back to it. Hubby came home in the middle of all this excitement and confirmed his opinion regarding my eccentricity.

4dzftwdfxioq.jpg

Challenge 3 - 5 points
    Water challenge
    Monday - complete
    Tuesday - complete
    Wednesday - complete
    Thursday - complete
    Friday - in progress

Exercise minutes so far:
    Monday - 55
    Tuesday - 75
    Wednesday - 105
    Thursday - 60

Love the set up and your dog! Mind giving her to me???
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    KatKat1209 wrote: »
    My stats to date:

Challenge 1 - 10 points
    complete and posted

Challenge 2 - 10 points
    1. "Viking Chant" Video x3 - complete
    2. YouTube Videos 3 videos X 3 - complete
    3. My own drum beat workout - complete

I found a YouTube video with African drums and made up my own thing to go along with it. Hubby inherited this handmade drum from his sister and I used that for the main one, along with play balls in two wastebaskets and two wooden kitchen utensils. My Aussie, Sassy, thought it was so much fun that had to get in on the action. She grabbed her rubber chicken squeaky toy and kept darting around me and dropping it on the coffee table. We both got a good workout - drum, drum, drum, dance, throw squeaky toy, drum, drum, drum, dance, fling squeaky toy, repeat, repeat, repeat, for about 20 minutes total. Short pause to take the picture and then back to it. Hubby came home in the middle of all this excitement and confirmed his opinion regarding my eccentricity.

4dzftwdfxioq.jpg

Challenge 3 - 5 points
    Water challenge
    Monday - complete
    Tuesday - complete
    Wednesday - complete
    Thursday - complete
    Friday - in progress

Exercise minutes so far:
    Monday - 55
    Tuesday - 75
    Wednesday - 105
    Thursday - 60

Love the set up and your dog! Mind giving her to me???

She's a fairly neurotic, high maintenance mutant who takes her job (herding and patrolling) very seriously. Some days I'd almost give her to anyone passing by, but most days I'd never let her go. <3
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @lja860813 : You really should be having your water. not only for challenge 3 but for your health . sometimes when we think our body's are craving for food. its not always the case sometimes a drink of water will do the trick. first thing in the morning ...
    Fill a water jug or bottle with water first see how many glasses it holds. then set yourself a target. you will finish it by a certain time. say mid day . than refill it and same again.
    Another thing to do is have a glass of water before every meal and a glass of water during your meal add lemon if you want . it soon mounts up. :)
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    Right then ladies ... its Saturday so PLEASE lets have your miles entered on the spread sheet . up to Friday .
    So we can all see. Before Sunday .

We would like to see all the columns filled in .please put a zero if you have not managed to exercise . we wont shout at you we just need to know .

We have a very strong team and we can win this if we all pull together as a team .

Has anyone seen Bowlerae ???.

:s
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    Just letting you know that i asked a question about filling in the weight tracker on the questions and answers posts and here is the reply.

I don't seem to be able to up date the weight tracker with todays weigh in .

Weights can only be entered into the "BLUE" boxes (with dates at top) It is set up as a weekly entry (Monday) to chart weekly progress. If you wish to enter your weight more often (or on a different day), use the following week's box, and just keep replacing your weight until the following week.

Since your weights don't figure into the race, you can pretty much do what you want. If there is interest, this can be turned into a separate mini-competition (like the "Power Rankings").

Conversely, I'm trying to come up with a "privacy" feature, if this would appeal to others. I appreciate all feedback.

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Challenge 3 complete
    Needed 74oz of water, so I drank 5 bottles at 16.9oz for 5 days.

120 minutes of cardio for Friday.

Second weighin: 144.6lbs

(All challenges should be complete and turned in from me.)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    So I was doing my Saturday morning kpop fangirl thing when I came across this YouTube video of 40 toughest kpop dances (fan made, so my opinion was different).

https://youtu.be/59fwEoHmX5I

Some of the dancers look like they're weightless at how fast they move their feet.

I read an article about the rigorous kpop training industry. If you notice in interviews, the idols are very humble and grateful that they get to do their passion. And this is why:

In Korea, musicians are not 'discovered' like they are around the world. They first audition as a young teen, even so far as 12 years old for one member from BigBang.
    Once they pass the audition, they sign with a label as a 'trainee'. They then practice relentlessly dancing, singing, and acting for an average of 2-5 years before they're even allowed to debut. One member of Beast spent 7 years before his debut.

They can be cut at anytime, perform weekly for the president of the label, and are criticized constantly to weed out the 'weaklings'. The emotionally strong and determined continue to train until finally being allowed a debut.

They leave their families at an early age and move to Seoul to pursue their dreams.

After reading about how hard an entire group of people will work to obtain their dream, and even knowing over 72% will never even debut in their life, what are you going to do today to achieve your goals?

Nothing is unobtainable in life. You want to be a king? Form a monarchy.
    You want to play soccer in England? Start dribbling a ball at the park.

Make a goal, form a plan, find your passion, and do it.

Have a great day everyone.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    Challenge 3 complete
    Needed 74oz of water, so I drank 5 bottles at 16.9oz for 5 days.

120 minutes of cardio for Friday.

Second weighin: 144.6lbs

(All challenges should be complete and turned in from me.)

Done... all entered.
  • Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Whew, that's all of my challenges completed!

I sent out friend requests at the beginning of the week, so I think most people have accepted those by now. :)

I've just completed the second challenge tonight and really enjoyed it. I thought the 'Wings' routine was a bit slow and not very challenging, but I really got in to the next two videos. The rhythm for 'Timber' was great and I absolutely love Sia, so both were really entertaining! They weren't too intensive, but enough to get a little sweat going; this is exactly what I needed after being ill for a couple of days. P.S. did anyone notice the person sleeping/mannequin on the chair in the third video?!

[3x] Viking Chant/Geyser Dance
    [3x] YouTube Videos: 3 Videos

Water challenge was completed on Friday. I should really encourage myself to drink 2.3L each day on a regular basis as it helps with feeling more fresh and focused!

Would like to add I'm very proud of the Fab Fives! You've all been working very hard and it's great to see everyone pulling together. I'm really sorry for my absence due to illness, but it's pretty much out of my system now and I look forward to getting involved again and making up for lost time! :)

@sue_01 I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and wish you all the best at this difficult time.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options

Conversely, I'm trying to come up with a "privacy" feature, if this would appeal to others. I appreciate all feedback.

Personally, I don't care about the privacy feature. We're all in this for the right reasons and who really cares? I love to see people's good progress! Kind of like telling people your age. I have never minded telling people how old I am. BTW - I'm 56!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Meowler wrote: »

P.S. did anyone notice the person sleeping/mannequin on the chair in the third video?!

I wasn't that observant. Now I have to go back and watch it again. And as long as I'm watching it, I might as well DO it again!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Water challenge complete.

(Note to self: Do not chug water to meet a water goal right before bedtime.) :D:'(

All challenges complete. Spreadsheet updated with minutes to date.

Team 5 is in the lead! However, there are two other teams just breathing down our necks. One person's minutes could make us or break us!

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Meowler wrote: »
    Whew, that's all of my challenges completed!

I sent out friend requests at the beginning of the week, so I think most people have accepted those by now. :)

I've just completed the second challenge tonight and really enjoyed it. I thought the 'Wings' routine was a bit slow and not very challenging, but I really got in to the next two videos. The rhythm for 'Timber' was great and I absolutely love Sia, so both were really entertaining! They weren't too intensive, but enough to get a little sweat going; this is exactly what I needed after being ill for a couple of days. P.S. did anyone notice the person sleeping/mannequin on the chair in the third video?!

[3x] Viking Chant/Geyser Dance
    [3x] YouTube Videos: 3 Videos

Water challenge was completed on Friday. I should really encourage myself to drink 2.3L each day on a regular basis as it helps with feeling more fresh and focused!

Would like to add I'm very proud of the Fab Fives! You've all been working very hard and it's great to see everyone pulling together. I'm really sorry for my absence due to illness, but it's pretty much out of my system now and I look forward to getting involved again and making up for lost time! :)

@sue_01 I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and wish you all the best at this difficult time.

Great to have you back Zara and glad you are feeling better! Also look like your internet troubles have been resolved :smile:

I felt that Wings was slow as well, but I really had a hard time with the rhythm on that one and Timber was my favorite. I ended up with 41 minutes because on my last time through I was too slow in stopping Wings and so it automatically went to another drum routine with Poker Face, so I thought, what the heck, might as well do that as well. :smile:

You gals are rockin' it! Keep it up and finish the weekend strong... we have a few people that are going to hit the max 1000 pts, so we need to have good participation from everyone if we're going to finish the week on top!

It looks like we might have lost @bowlerae as she isn't responding to any messages or comments on her wall. I'm not sure if anyone else besides @2016summerfun or I have tried, but maybe give her a nudge. Even if she isn't going to continue on, if she could at least give us permission to use her exercise minutes, that would help.

Have a great weekend!!
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    lja860813 wrote: »
    I have a hard time drinking water... I am up for suggestions from my awesome team mates!

I used to struggle with water too...

So this is going to sound a bit odd, but I read somewhere that if you use a straw, you tend to drink more. So all of my water bottles have a straw vs being an open/wide mouth. Also if I put water in a cup, I'll now grab a straw. It's weird, but it works for me.

I always keep my water bottle (or cup) with me, so I never have an excuse to not be drinking water.

I also have to put lemon or lime in my water since I find almost all water has a bad after taste (even if I have filtered water and certain bottled waters I can't even gag down). About the only time I can drink straight water is if I'm super thirsty after a race or working out. I will admit I sort of disagreed with the mods on the challenge that you couldn't put something like crystal light in your water, since that was originally the only way I could get water down. But was relieved to see they at least allowed fruit. To me, it's more about getting more fluids in, but I guess they had to draw the line somewhere.

Not sure any of that helps, but it's what has worked for me.

I will have to try the lemon and grab a bottle with a straw, mine is open mouthed. Thanks for the suggestions!
    @lja860813 : You really should be having your water. not only for challenge 3 but for your health . sometimes when we think our body's are craving for food. its not always the case sometimes a drink of water will do the trick. first thing in the morning ...
    Fill a water jug or bottle with water first see how many glasses it holds. then set yourself a target. you will finish it by a certain time. say mid day . than refill it and same again.
    Another thing to do is have a glass of water before every meal and a glass of water during your meal add lemon if you want . it soon mounts up. :)

Definitely noted :) I will try that, maybe I will buy a new big bottle and write on it for goals... hmm! I guess it doesn't help that I am teaching and have a very small bladder, and barely any potty break ;)
  • 2016summerfun
    Options

Personally, I don't care about the privacy feature. We're all in this for the right reasons and who really cares? I love to see people's good progress! Kind of like telling people your age. I have never minded telling people how old I am. BTW - I'm 56!

Sorry but I think you read it wrong. I posted that post just so the girls who are filling in the weight tracker could see.. it was my reply from missionenforcer .
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options

Sorry but I think you read it wrong. I posted that post just so the girls who are filling in the weight tracker could see.. it was my reply from missionenforcer .

Oh, sorry if I misunderstood. I thought you were sort of asking whether people wanted a privacy feature on the weight tracker and looking into how to do that. I was just chiming in that it's not a big deal (for me).
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    Way to keep going Fab Fives!! We've got a good lead, but it would only take a few challenge completions from the other teams to catch up. But so impressed with everyone pitching in and pushing toward the goal! :star:

@RaeBeeBaby - meant to say that your puppy looks very proud of herself for completing the challenge with you. Love the look on her face! Also, awesome set up for the cardio drumming!

@Meowler - glad you are feeling better! :smiley:

I'm exhausted after my day of hitting the gym for weights and then doing three hours of yard work (with over three bags of yard waste)...and I'm still not completely done...ugh! However, it was a glorious day to be outside - low humidity and moderate temperatures - first time I've not been completely drenched in sweat from working in the yard in months. There was even an outdoor Latin party with live music somewhere in my neighborhood, so I had music while I worked. All in all a good day! :)

Tomorrow, I'm paddling with a friend in the morning before heading to church in the evening (so glad they added an evening service). So, I should have a few more minutes to add since my challenges are all complete.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :sunglasses: