TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL AMAZING RACERS:
    We set out clocks back one hour last night, so please make sure you did as well. If your country, province, state, didn't experience a time change, then please Google what time it is in California now.
    @MissionEnforcer will be closing the Spreadsheet at 9:00 p.m. PST. sharp!
    I suggest you get your exercise minutes and challenge points in early. We've had two teams lose a position in the rankings in the last two weeks due to late logging. Don't let your team or yourself down!
    Happy Sunday everyone! The next destination will be announced late tonight. Have fun guessing where we are going! :)
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well it was down to the wire but I'm feeling a bit better and I got my challenges done. I didn't do a ton of exercise today but considering that I've been laid up on the couch for 3 days, 30 minutes on the treadmill will have to do.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WEEK THREE: KON'NICHIWA IN KYOTO

CHALLENGE #1: “It’s Rajio Taiso Time!” (10 points)
    5/5
    Completed 11/5/16

CHALLENGE #2: “Train Like A Sumo Wrestler!” (10 points)
    140/140
    Completed 11/3/16

CHALLENGE #3: “SAY NO TO KIT KATS!” (5 points)
    5/5
    Completed 11/6/16

Minutes/Miles
    31 Oct. 0 minutes
    1 Nov. 180 minutes
    2 Nov. 122 minutes
    3 Nov. 158 minutes
    4 Nov. 142 minutes
    5 Nov. 81 minutes (6 minutes Rajio Taiso videos 1 & 2 + 60 minutes Yoga + 15 minutes 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge)
    6 Nov. 194 minutes (2 walks, 115 minutes + 25 minutes 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge + 27 minutes day 1, level 2 30 Day Shred + 7 minutes Tracy Anderson arms + 20 minutes SworkIt stretching)

Updating the spreadsheet now. Good night.
  • KatKat1209
    KatKat1209 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good Morning guys! Yes I'm back from Taiwan - had a crazy busy week there - Usually got up at 7am just to get ready for breakfast and then working at the office until late night. Presentation went nicely though and it seems we have won the VP and GM over with our concept :) Got back late Friday night and was half dead...
    Saturday I went for my first outdoor bootcamp (a challenge itself in Singapore) and also did the Sumo-squats on Saturday and Sunday in 4 sets total. I can honestly say now.. @My_Butt hurts... :wink:

This week should be an easy work week so I'm planning to challenge myself and get 90 min of workout everyday which is a lot for me - especially every day. But I'm in for the win :sunglasses: ehh and for the weight loss.. and for the fitness and... of course for my health and so on...

Have a great start into the week or a lovely rest-Sunday!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    jackiep248 wrote: »
    Well it was down to the wire but I'm feeling a bit better and I got my challenges done. I didn't do a ton of exercise today but considering that I've been laid up on the couch for 3 days, 30 minutes on the treadmill will have to do.

Thanks Jackie... Hope you feel better soon!

@ajfuelling -- I agree with everyone else, we want you on the team! Let's have fun...only 5 more weeks to go!

@KatKat1209 -- Glad to have you back and that your trip went well and thanks for chipping in!
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    We are 5 points ahead.. it's another CLOSE week!! Fab fives are living up to their name <3
  • KatKat1209
    KatKat1209 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    kyto in the fall video was lovely while watching I did a 15 min slow jog on the spot. also 140 sumo wrestling squats done.

Seeing the cherry blossoms in the spring, and attending New Years in Japan are on my bucket list.

If I could live there for a year, I could experience fall too.

I absolutely love japenese and Korean cultures. I love the respect they have for their elders (use of honorifics and bowing), and that they feel the need to 'take care' of the their youngers.

Well Japan is on my bucket list as well - I will probably go for summer next year - want to see the Japanese summer festivals :)

Regarding their respect for elders: It's fascinating but it is also very difficult. In Korea for example this respect is often not out of real respect. In a working environment for example it is more likely out of fear of loosing your job if you speak against your superior/elder or tell your elder that he/she made a mistake. Younger people often don't have much to say. Experience/knowledge is often not shared with the less experienced ones out of fear of loosing their position/being taken over. Even in big teams in globally operating companies there is often only one key person with knowledge and the rest are just "lemmings" that do exactly as they are told to do their task. It can be a very restricting system. I think the younger generation is changing slowly ... hopefully...
    But still I also find these two cultures very very interesting :)
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    We are tied right now! Does above have any more challenge points?
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Well crap!! I'm exhausted and already in my jammies. I do still need to add my exercise minutes today but will get my rear off this couch and finish the squat challenge!!!!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld - great job getting it done!! It will really help!

We know Vowder from Team 1 will probably get his 25 in, and I suspect cardbucfan will get her final 5 done. If they don't get any more exercise minute points, then they will have 1285. We need 25 more points to tie them, if they don't get any more exercise minutes.

Hopefully @vanessa40 and @cadence2020 can get their challenge points entered as well. That would launch us ahead by a nice cushion this late in the evening.

If we get all the rest of our challenge points, we likely will maintain our lead. We might still do it if we only get a portion of them, and some more exercise minutes. It's another nail biting week! How exciting!! :grimace:

Overall, we crushed it again this week, so well done Fab Fives!! We are a great team! Everyone has worked so hard this week as a team, and we've done well to cover for each other! I'm honored and proud to be racing with each one of you!! :)<3:star::sunglasses:
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    WHEW - added my 85 minutes for today plus finished the squat challenge.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Argh...Vowder got his minutes and challenges entered...Team 1 is currently 20 points ahead of us. About a half hour before the spreadsheet closes!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I just posted my 140 minutes from today and we're still behind. Pooh!

It's looking like we're missing some challenge points from a couple people but it's getting pretty late to count on any more updates. :'(
  • b3achy
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Argh...Vowder got his minutes and challenges entered...Team 1 is currently 20 points ahead of us. About a half hour before the spreadsheet closes!

Ugh...I keep thinking the Spreadsheet closes at 11pm Eastern...but it closes at Midnight eastern...sigh...silly time zones.

Congrats on getting more minutes in @RaeBeeBaby!! Yep, it really is about the challenge points for these longer legs...here's hoping in the next few minutes our team mates are able to get them logged. We're still 20 points behind, so the challenge points would make a huge difference.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    My uber competitiveness came out. I just finished 22 minutes of yoga and got it posted at 8:59. Then the spreadsheet locked exactly at 9:00. So, we shall see. What will be, will be!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR DESTINATION AND SPREADSHEET IS UP AND RUNNING!
    Week Three placement can be viewed on the "Past Weeks" tab.
    CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL RACERS ON YOUR MOTIVATION AND TEAMWORK!
    :)B):)
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Sorry team I let my numbers slip yesterday, I have had a virus which only effects my breathing yet I feel fine. It was a very hard day to see my numbers going down. Today is a stay home day, going to try a few of the challenges. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be back on top.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Feel better @sue_01.

Let's do this Fab Fives!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I had 165 minutes for Sunday.

I believe I missed the deadline to post, but I still want to add for the power rank.

My weighin was 140.2lbs