TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Congratulations fellow Fab Fives... We're the first ones to have made it to Kyoto!!

We currently have a substantial lead, but don't let up off the gas as the other teams will start to gain ground as the 2 5-day challenges get completed. If you head over to the spreadsheet to the Team Data tab, that really gives a nice breakdown of how much contribution each player is doing and one thing that I like to see is a fairly well distributed amounts because we are a TEAM and we can only conquer if we do this as a TEAM!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Congrats on being the first to Kyoto, Fab Fives!! :)

Apparently, the Radio/Rajio Taiso actually has two parts, but for the challenge they are only having us do the first one twice. My guess would be that some of the moves in the 2d part are a little bit more vigorous, and so that everyone could participate, they just have us do the first one a couple of times instead. But for anyone that is interested in continuing your Radio/Rajio Taiso past the completion of the challenge, I found two videos that combine the two parts of the full Radio/Rajio Taiso program. I'm thinking of continuing to do this most mornings since it seems to be a nice stretch of my shoulders and back. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM14RLTKN30

Video quality is a bit lower in this one...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS92XkVKM0Q

Okay, so my Radio Taiso is done for today, as are my extra Sumo Squats. Off to paddle since it looks like it is a beautiful day out there, and I've been working way too late the past two nights.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    This week has gone super fast! Here's what I've accomplished so far:

Kyoto in Autumn videos while exercising - complete
    Challenge 1 - Radio Taiso 2 X 5 days
    3/5 days complete
    Challenge 2 - 140 squats - complete
    Challenge 3 - Under calorie goal 5/7 days
    3/5 days complete

Exercise minutes:
    Mon - 80
    Tue - 150
    Wed - 100
    Thu - 35 (so far)

Sun is coming out so as soon as it warms up a bit (above 45), I'll be heading outside for some gardening time.

Here's another Radio Taiso that I found this morning. I really thought the girls were cute and some of the moves were more like ballet plies. Tomorrow I will try one of the ones that @b3achy posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxO_w-Gtn6k
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited November 2016
    Options
    MzManiak wrote: »
    I'm here; I'm here!

Yesterday I finished the Sumo Squats (I love those things), watched the 2 intro videos while exercising (If I ever have trouble sleeping, I know what to put on! :sleeping:) and did 2 rajio taiso videos (I swear I might be the most uncoordinated person ever). I need to do those the rest of the week to get the challenge points also.

I found my mind drifting a lot while watching those videos. Definitely not an exciting PSA!

By the time I did the radio taiso for 3 days I pretty much got it down. First time was hilarious, but it's all pretty rote (as in each of videos have the same sequence).
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Double post. :*
  • b3achy
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Happy because it was perfect conditions for paddling...between light chop and smooth! Even saw a couple of dolphins and a couple of bonnet head sharks. Huge calorie burn today, so now I'm foraging for food since I missed lunch!
    <--- Eventually when the profile picture changes, that was a picture taken today...got to love FL in November!

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    WEEK THREE: KON'NICHIWA IN KYOTO

CHALLENGE #1: “It’s Rajio Taiso Time!” (10 points)
    3/5

CHALLENGE #2: “Train Like A Sumo Wrestler!” (10 pts)
    140/140
    Completed 11/3/16

CHALLENGE #3: “SAY NO TO KIT KATS!” (5 points)
    3/5

Minutes/Miles
    31 Oct. 0 minutes
    1 Nov. 180 minutes
    2 Nov. 122 minutes (100 minute walk + 7 minutes Rajio Taiso videos 3 & 4 + 15 minutes 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge)
    3 Nov. 158 minutes (95 minute walk + 5 minutes Rajio Taiso videos 6 & 1 + 20 minutes 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge + 3 minutes 60/140 Sumo Squats (60+80, complete) + 25 minutes 30 Day Shred + 10 minutes SworkIt stretching)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    336 minutes for Thursday.

On Spreadsheet. That gets you to the 1000 cap for the team. Now your minutes only count for the power rankings, but you are currently second for this week.
  • b3achy
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Way to go, @My_Butt!! Congrats!

Wish I could give my extra calories for today for those struggling to stay under...I was way under today (didn't eat lunch before paddling, so I essentially missed it; and then paddled extra long because it was gorgeous out...which meant, lots of calories burned).

@RaeBeeBaby - cute video...their moves are slightly different than the standard videos, but I think I could do the plies easier than the current move, which I've yet to master.

Way to stay in the lead Fab Fives! Doing great on challenges and minutes this week!! :smiley:

Week 3 Status:
    Challenge 1 - Radio Taiso (10 minutes/2 videos for 5 of 7 days) - 4 of 5 done
    Challenge 2 - 140 Sumo Squats - 225 of 140 - Done!
    Challenge 3 - Under Calorie Goal (5 of 7 days) - 4 of 5 done
    -- Monday - 21 min Radio Taiso (5 videos + 1 twice); 45 Sumo Squats (3 x 15); Under Calorie Goal - Done!
    -- Tuesday - 6 min Radio Taiso (2 videos); 60 Sumo Squats (4 sets x 15); Under Calorie Goal - Done!
    -- Wednesday - 7 min Radio Taiso (2 videos); 60 Sumo Squats (4 sets x 15); Under Calorie Goal - Done!
    -- Thursday - 13 min Radio Taiso (2 videos + 2 part 2's); 60 Sumo Squats (4 sets x 15); WAY Under Calorie Goal - Done!
    "Mileage":
    31 October - 32 min Gazelle; 21 min Radio Taiso; 3 min Sumo Squats; 4 min Planks = 60 minutes
    1 November - 6 min Radio Taiso; 3 min Sumo Squats; 122 min Walking (5.55 miles); 4 min Planks = 135 minutes
    2 November - 7 min Radio Taiso; 3 min Sumo Squats; 45 min Strength Training; 3 min Planks = 58 minutes
    3 November - 13 min Radio Taiso; 3 min Sumo Squats; 125 min SUP (4.85 miles); 18 min Loading/Unloading SUP = 159 minutes
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    336 minutes for Thursday.

On Spreadsheet. That gets you to the 1000 cap for the team. Now your minutes only count for the power rankings, but you are currently second for this week.

I'll get my assignments done tomorrow and then I'll be all done with my teamwork for the week.

Then it's time to be selfish and go balls to the wall for that first place power ranking.

Since you guys have been so graciously helping me with the spreadsheet, I'll repay you with hitting the cap every week.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Aw, MissionEnforcer mentioned our team in his message in the spreadsheet today...check out the Totals Tab...it's at the top in Japanese...and hidden elsewhere if you know where to look to see the original before it is translated.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,274 Member
    Options
    This week has been a total bust with exercise minutes. Early mornings and late nights mean little to no time. I work at an airport so instead of driving out to hangars, yesterday I walked. Even so, I logged a paltry 18 minutes. I am making progress on the challenges and should be able to finish all 3.

I am really enjoying the Radio Taiso routines though. Amazing how good those few minutes make me feel. But am I the only one who has that rinky tinky music running through my head all day? Haha.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I looked at the more challenging radio videos yesterday! Then I went back to the middle school one which is the one I usually do. As soon as she went upside down, I was done :smiley:

I should be able to finish up the challenges today. Have a great Friday!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options

I am really enjoying the Radio Taiso routines though. Amazing how good those few minutes make me feel. But am I the only one who has that rinky tinky music running through my head all day? Haha.

And all night! I couldn't fall asleep last night and it was going through my head. After finally drifting off for a couple hours I woke up at 4:00 a.m. with it still playing. Arrrrrgh!!
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Completed 5 days under calories

Completed 5 days radio taiso

Completed sumo squats all in one go.
    After trying some intense yoga classes where you have to hold a squat for minutes, these were nothing.

So I'm up to date on everything.
    I'll post my exercise minutes tonight since I'm actually currently hooping. I want those minutes.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    315 minutes for Friday.
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Quick update, logged my minutes. Kept in my goals and Did my squats as well... ugh!! I hate squats :/ I also did the raijo videos every day this week. It was nice to get up and get in some movement to start the day :) Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WEEK THREE: KON'NICHIWA IN KYOTO

CHALLENGE #1: “It’s Rajio Taiso Time!” (10 points)
    4/5

CHALLENGE #2: “Train Like A Sumo Wrestler!” (10 points)
    CComplete 11/3/16

CHALLENGE #3: “SAY NO TO KIT KATS!” (5 points)
    4/5

Minutes/Miles
    31 Oct. 0 minutes
    1 Nov. 180 minutes
    2 Nov. 122 minutes
    3 Nov. 158 minutes
    4 Nov. 142 minutes (85 minute walk + 7 minutes Rajio Taiso videos 1 & 5 + 20 minutes 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge + 25 minutes 30 Day Shred + 5 minutes stretching)