TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Enjoying the Radio Tasio videos. Tried them all (and did one twice for more minutes). Was surprised that the arm motions didn't bother my shoulder too much. Might have to do these every day to get loosened up. :)

Think I liked the third one the best because I could follow along better with the guy on the platform (though I'm still having a challenge with a couple of the moves). Loved the commentary on the 4th one with the folks from all walks of life...don't understand a word of it, but I love the emotion in the voice (reminded me of the original Japanese Ninja Warrior show...so miss seeing that one, the American version is just too boring and serious). I got about half way through the fifth video, until they broke out in the Final Five gymnastic moves...we may be the Fab Fives, but I don't have the moves of the Final Fives. :/ Also, loved that they showed the person in the chair on the second video, so you don't have to guess at the modified version, if you need to do it.

Light day because I wasn't feeling great and I missed the gym. But got started on all the challenges.
    Week 3 Status:
    Challenge 1 - Radio Tasio (10 minutes/2 videos for 5 of 7 days); 1 day done
    Challenge 2 - 140 Sumo Squats; 45 squats done (3 sets x 15)
    Challenge 3 - Under Calorie Goal (5 of 7 days); 1 day should be done (running way under right now)
    -- Monday - 21 min Radio Tasio (5 videos + 1 twice); 45 Sumo Squats (3 x 15); Under Calorie Goal - Done!
    "Mileage":
    31 October - 32 min Gazelle; 21 min Radio Tasio; 3 min Sumo Squats; 4 min Planks = 60 minutes
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    My points disappeared from this morning. I'm thinking maybe I accidentally put them in the wrong column, so if you had some there when you shouldn't have, could have been me :blush:.
    Just got back from trick or treating with my girls. I only logged the walking at half time since there was lots of waiting in between, but got lots of minutes today :smiley: . And, just finished 2 of the videos and I'm under on food (even with the Halloween treats I had with supper).
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    My goal is minimum 100 minutes each day. Will be tough this week to accomplish - early start tomorrow followed by board mtg at night - concert after work on Wednesday - etc etc etc. Somehow I'll figure out a way.

Question - do we count the minutes spent doing the videos? I assume yes so let me know if it's otherwise.

112 minutes today - on my way with all the challenges.

I can feel another first place finish coming our way!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    I had a very busy day, I had a hard time with my breathing, only a few hours sleep last night try for a better day tomorrow.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Awesome effort Fab Fives! I did 90 minutes today of aquasize and stretching (80/10). Didn't get a chance to check out the videos yet, but will do so this evening or tomorrow.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Hey team, just want to let everyone know that my minutes will probably be much lower this week. I had a bit of a challenge with low blood pressure yesterday and was instructed to take the rest of the day off. Need to take a fairly light week to ensure it doesn't repeat! Yoga will all be happening regularly (Keeper duties in another challenge) and I will get to all the challenges plus some other stuff like walking and swimming and rehab and Jui Jitsu, just not in the numbers I have been getting in the last two weeks.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My goal is minimum 100 minutes each day. Will be tough this week to accomplish - early start tomorrow followed by board mtg at night - concert after work on Wednesday - etc etc etc. Somehow I'll figure out a way.

Question - do we count the minutes spent doing the videos? I assume yes so let me know if it's otherwise.

112 minutes today - on my way with all the challenges.

I can feel another first place finish coming our way!

Yes, minutes doing the exercise videos counts for your daily minutes.

@CaptainBoing get rested up!

Sounds like we have a few that are dealing with ailments and a few more that are dealing with crazy schedules. Don't stress about it, we can only do what we can.

Go Fab Fives!
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi guys i'm having problems getting on my home page and profile is any one else ??/
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    CALLING ALL RACERS! DON'T FORGET TO USE THE OPTIONAL WEIGH-IN SHEET IF YOU'D LIKE!

You can find it under the "Weight Track" Tab on the regular spreadsheet.
    Don't worry if you didn't start during Week One, it will still work for you!

B)
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Hi guys i'm having problems getting on my home page and profile is any one else ??/

Mine seems to be working ok.
  • rusgolden
    Options
    I did 1 round of videos last night and back at it again this morning, so 2 days complete. I did #3 and 4 both days. I started the "more challenging" video and was like... yeah, that ain't gonna happen, lol.

I cranked out the squats as well. Probably should have done them with weight to make it more challenging, but still trying not to do too much that might aggravate my calf (which is pain free now, so I'm starting my countdown until I can start running again :smile: ). I did 5 sets of 30 with a minute break between.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    My knee is going to hate me by the end of the week. Trying to split up the squats into five at a time for as many times as I can throughout the day to keep from aggravating it worse than it already will.
  • rusgolden
    Options
    @geminiswede -- if you need to modify the squat challenge because of your knees, send a PM to @hawkins410
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    rusgolden wrote: »
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Sorry but been advised not to do squats due to injury but hopefully will be on the mend in another week :/
    Although this challenge does not allow "opting out", we may be able to find a modification that will work for you. Please PM me if you would like to explore this route. :)
    I was thinking that in the past we have been able to make modifications on these physical challenges if someone had an injury, but maybe that was just for the videos. We have someone on our team with knee problems and she is struggling to get through the challenge... so, if there is a modification she could do, that would be great. TIA
    Please have her PM me and we will work together to find a modification for the challenge she is having trouble with.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    [quote="b3achy;38061416"

Keep at it Fab Fives!!

sor9dsd6x788.png
    [/quote]

Nice walk & LOVE the logo!

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    LOVE the logo!

Thanks! Per the logo...I have more that I plan to post. ;)
  • rusgolden
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    LOVE the logo!

Thanks! Per the logo...I have more that I plan to post. ;)

SWEET!!!