TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well I've been sick with the flu since Tuesday so my exercise minutes have gone down the tube this week. On a plus note though, staying under my calorie goal has been an easy challenge for me this week because I have no appetite. Lol I will also knock off the other 2 challenges but I am taking things slowly so I won't get done the challenges until Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if I should give up my spot to someone who might get more minutes? 30 minutes a day (average) is likely what I"m going to be able to do this time of year; most of you do 3-4x that! I hate to hold you back. For the record, twice this week I've worked out ONLY because I didn't want to enter a zero on the spreadsheet, and tomorrow I'll get the 2 active challenges complete, but I do feel guilt when I compare myself to you guys! You are all animals! If you have a buddy who would be able to take my spot, I will have no hard feelings!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    jackiep248 wrote: »
    Well I've been sick with the flu since Tuesday so my exercise minutes have gone down the tube this week. On a plus note though, staying under my calorie goal has been an easy challenge for me this week because I have no appetite. Lol I will also knock off the other 2 challenges but I am taking things slowly so I won't get done the challenges until Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone.

Feel better soon!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I should give up my spot to someone who might get more minutes? 30 minutes a day (average) is likely what I"m going to be able to do this time of year; most of you do 3-4x that! I hate to hold you back. For the record, twice this week I've worked out ONLY because I didn't want to enter a zero on the spreadsheet, and tomorrow I'll get the 2 active challenges complete, but I do feel guilt when I compare myself to you guys! You are all animals! If you have a buddy who would be able to take my spot, I will have no hard feelings!

I can't speak for anyone else, but WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! You aren't going anywhere @ajfuelling!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    @jackiep248 - sorry you aren't feeling well. Heal fast, and feel better soon. And way to look at the bright side!! :)

@ajfueling - Are you kidding me?! Don't be a quitter...you're part of the Fab Five!!! There is no quitting in the Fab Five!! You signed up for this, you got us (not one of those other wimpy teams), and you are stuck with us!! You are a hoss-ette!! Hear you roar!!...oh, wait, I'm getting a bit carried away, I think...

Hey, seriously, every little bit helps, and it's as much a personal challenge as it is a team challenge - if it is pushing you to do a little more each day, then that is great! (It completely pushes me to do more too, even though it may not be happening for me tonight due to work.) We're all different, and we all have our strengths, and we all have areas we're working on. And frankly, if you are completing and logging the challenges, you are as valuable (if not more so) as those doing 1000+ minutes per week (sorry workout hoss-ettes, but it's true). Many weeks we are going to need the challenge points more than we need more exercise minutes (like the first week, and probably this week, and I'm sure there will be some more weeks in the future). So, I completely agree with @MiamiSeoul - we're in this together and this is a team event. You are valued! It wouldn't be the same without you!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ Exactly what they said! I know I will not likely be a 1000 minute-r, but I do the best I can and am enjoying the challenges. I appreciate everyone on this team for putting their best effort in, whatever that might be for the week! B)

2fjmgbv2mnvs.png
  • b3achy
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    315 minutes for Friday.

Adding your minutes and your challenges to the spreadsheet now... :) Well done!

You are top for this week's power rankings for minutes (Grandmajackie from Team 6 is right on your butt though (pun intended)), and you are 15th overall for the whole race in the power rankings!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    jackiep248 wrote: »
    Well I've been sick with the flu since Tuesday

Hope you are feeling better soon!!

I finished the challenges today :smiley:
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else @ajfuelling! We need you. I have lots of minutes this week, but it's way more than I've gotten in the past! We all do what we can and hopefully more than we did before the challenge :smile:
  • b3achy
    Options
    Ack, ended up working late today, again...but I got in my Radio Taiso, more squats, and completed the food challenge...so, woo hoo 25 challenge points!! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!! We are way ahead right now, but you know these teams over the weekend...that's when they crank it up! Keep pushing until they close the spreadsheet on Sunday!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    @rusgolden & @2016summerfun, is everything okay with @katkat1209?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    All challenges complete for 25 points! Now to add some more minutes!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    @rusgolden & @2016summerfun, is everything okay with @katkat1209?

Yes, she was in Tiawan this week, so couldn't do the 2 5-day challenges, but thought she could get squats in and some minutes. I believe she is back now, so should be checking in soon.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Way to go Fab Five...ahead in minutes and challenge points! Way to get it done!!

e62we8x3ik3r.jpg

Week 3 Status:
    Challenge 1 - Radio Taiso (10 minutes/2 videos for 5 of 7 days) - Done! - 6 days! I like the stretching! <3
    Challenge 2 - 140 Sumo Squats - 345 of 140 - Done!
    Challenge 3 - Under Calorie Goal (5 of 7 days) - Done!
    "Mileage":
    31 October - 32 min Gazelle; 21 min Radio Taiso; 3 min Sumo Squats; 4 min Planks = 60 minutes
    1 November - 6 min Radio Taiso; 3 min Sumo Squats; 122 min Walking (5.55 miles); 4 min Planks = 135 minutes
    2 November - 7 min Radio Taiso; 3 min Sumo Squats; 45 min Strength Training; 3 min Planks = 58 minutes
    3 November - 13 min Radio Taiso; 3 min Sumo Squats; 125 min SUP (4.85 miles); 18 min Loading/Unloading SUP = 159 minutes
    4 November - 10 min Radio Taiso; 3 min Sumo Squats = 13 minutes
    5 November - 60 min Church Event (Set Up/Tear Down); 49 min Strength Training; 15 min Calisthenics on 360 Balance Step (including Sumo Squats); 10 min Radio Taiso (3 videos); 3 min Planks = 137 minutes
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I was getting dressed this morning into my workout outfit, and before I put on my sweatpants, I just went walking around upstairs. So when I walked past the mirror in the hallway, I noticed how big my butt looked.
    Now, I've always had a big butt, but (haha), whatever workout I'm doing, it has become even bubblier.

I think it's my hula hoop. I've been hooping, walking 15 miles a day with ankle weights, plank challenge, sit-up challenge, Cize program, 30 day yoga challenge, Ilvermorny, and the amazing race.
    So something is toning my body like crazy... Oh wait. Hehe. That something is me. B)
    7fr1gveyt6xd.jpeg
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Holy carp Batman! f that's a big butt then give me some of that! Lol

Your hard work definitely shows!