Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    d5bosy6nr68e.jpg

My workout buddy tonight.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    i need to find something else to do besides jump rope and hopscotch. my knees just don't like either one. any suggestions?
    Have you checked out the "ROO HOPPING ALTERNATIVE" (the blue link)? It is designed for those of us w/ bad knees, ankles, etc. and has is a YouTube titled "Jump Rope Replacement Exercises". You don't have to do them all (I'm not doing 30 minutes of burpees...NO WAY), but I like the second one the guy does. I need the core workout from the knee lift-ups!

I will have to try that one tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks @hawkins410
  • mckelfam
    mckelfam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job on 1st place last week.

@vowder sounds amazing your diving experience. I would be terrified to go over open water and a cliff. But cool to watch on nature channel.

I have always wanted to travel to Australia. Speaking to my male clients from here makes me tremble. I could listen to an Australian all day. Don't tell my husband. Hehe
    I haven't played hopscotch in 16 years when I worked at a childcare center. I definitely want to try this challenge. Only got in about 5 mins of jump rope today.
    As for my colors tonight we had chicken and r ice stir fry alittle green, red and yellow peppers and yellow onions from what's left of the garden. We lost a portion of our tomatoes and pepper crops this year to insects and weather changes. So sad. Guess to market this week to get more veggies for the challenge. I also had an orange at lunch and banana with breakfast. So guess day 1 complete. @MissionEnforcer
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I checked out the entire "ROO HOPPING ALTERNATIVE" link and it definitely seems the best route for me. Much less impact on my knees! :)
  • hawkins410
    edited November 2016
    Options
    DIVE%20SMA%20man%20meets%20grouper.jpg

Sounds like an amazing experience @Vowder!
    Is it a good place to snorkel, or do you really need to SCUBA?
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @mamaelf2008 love the buddy! @Vowder love grouper but on my plate!

Have a strong Tuesday everyone!!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    r0sngk9m1swo.png
    What I feel like after 5 mins of jumping rope!!! (No not my dog)
    So cute! :)
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    g7uzbszrc8g0.png
    Let's do this! I have finished the 2nd arm video for 1 more left!
    We start benchmark testing at work today so it's fixing to get crazy for me. I will be moving and on my feet the whole time. I usually end up with 20,000-30,000 steps daily during these days. So my minutes might not be as high! But I have already knocked out 40 minutes this morning!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 -can we do some jumping, some hopscotch and some of the room alternative exercises? (Taking advantage of having the queen answerperson on my team lol!)

Got two colors in yesterday. I will wait until Friday and check back over my diary to figure out which colors to use each day so I'm not committing to which ones I used yesterday yet! Our golf course is closed for maintenance this week so we are going on a field trip to another course. Super fun to do that!

@vowder- I'm so jealous you learned to dive there! We got certified here in the gulf in November and there's not a lot of interesting stuff to see. The upside was we had such a horrendous check out dive (rough conditions, jellyfish stings, etc) our dive master said we were pretty much set for anything after that and he was right!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    @hawkins410 -can we do some jumping, some hopscotch and some of the roo alternative exercises?
    Yep! Sounds like a great plan! :)
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    DIVE%20SMA%20man%20meets%20grouper.jpg

Sounds like an amazing experience @Vowder!
    Is it a good place to snorkel, or do you really need to SCUBA?

You don't need to SCUBA, especially on the Great Barrier Reef. BUT.... SCUBA makes it so relaxing and easy. When you SCUBA you just float and observe and hang out on the reefs. It sounds so scary before you do it. After you are trained, it really is a very peaceful and relaxing activity.

I had to push my family to get their license. Now, whenever we go anywhere, SCUBA is always part of the event. My whole family loves it.
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    coco6rmq0u66.png
    I found Nemo! 3 arm workouts completed! Arms are feeling the burn!
    Only got 10 minutes left on jump rope and on track on colors!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    0g4dnokmq2j2.png
    Mentally and physically exhausted! The toddler keeps waking me up because I am dozing off in the recliner (don't worry Daddy is here watching him.)
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hey team - I did get to my running group tonight because of staying too late at work and then I couldn't put Stella back in her crate to go out again. Normally she does doggie day care on my run group nights but because of the election I had to switch it this week. Ah well, I still got 65 minutes of walking in between the am and pm walks. I may try to squeeze in something else yet tonight but I'm exhausted.

I had a nice colorful day of eating though! I bought some mixed berries and mangoes and ate a bunch of those this morning and then made a stir fry for dinner with brussel sprouts, carrots, and scallions. Oh, and I had 2 clementines as well!

green: brussel sprouts, scallions
    red: strawberries, rapsberries
    yellow/orange: mango, carrot, clementines
    purple/blue: blueberries, blackberries
    white: banana, rice

o4uuuo23zq27.png

• hawkins410
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like everyone is making great progress!
    @120maggie: You locked yourself in the bathroom for a round of hopscotch at work!? Now THAT is creativity! I love it! :)
    @TamiJo1004 and @katharmonic: What a nice treat after a less-than-fun day to open up my computer screen and see your fun posts!
    I was feeling a bit annoyed like this:
    lfu44cinaija.jpg
    But now I be like this:
    43i3cu0ic8xl.jpg
    You guys are all awesome!!

HEY HO, LET'S GO! A YouTube Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkHTntPvYI
    :D:D:D
  • hawkins410
    Options
    ^^^^Daaang, @Vowder has the moves! ;)