TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @cardbucfan that's the good thing about teamwork we pull together and carry each other if need be!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    woohoo! congrats everyone on first place!!!

I took the day off of work for some appointments, but went to the gym for a quick swim and lifting (leg day!). Yesterday I took the ankle out for a test run and was able to do 4 miles. It was pretty slow, but that may have partially been because I was being extra cautious. I had very minimal pain for the first 3 miles, though I could definitely feel that my gait was off (even more than normal). But I'm feeling very hopeful, and planning to run once more this week, and then hopefully bump it up to three days next week. And if all that goes well.....I'll then start adding mileage to each run. I won't be doing the half marathon this weekend :(.

Great challenges this week, though the jump roping will be tough. I do enjoy jumping rope and used to do it quite a bit when I was still doing plyo and speedwork. It's tough on the ankle right now. I was able to do 6 minutes total, in 2 minute increments (with an avg 100rpm) during my lifting this morning. I'm pretty sure my ankle isn't going to handle 30 minutes of jumping so I'll try to incorporate some of the alternatives. Of course, the one that is most appealing is the burpees, but that's not so good for the ankle either.
    @hawkins410 @MissionEnforcer could mountain climbers also be included in the alternatives? I know it wasn't in the video, but it seems like they use many of the same muscle groups, and some similar movement patterns.

When I first saw Dory I thought "Hey we are going swimming!". :) Oh well. I'm going to do the alternate arm exercises as they fit into my lifting better than the videos. And the 5 colors will not be an issue as I eat red, green, yellow, and orange pretty much every day. In fact, my bags of vegetables are already prepped and packed for my lunches for the rest of the week. And I had blueberries this morning.
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    @ka97 I don't believe you have to do 30 min of rope jumping in one day.
    am I wrong @hawkins410?
    If i am i have to do it over I just do 10 min today and wanted to do tomorrow and the day after again 10 min each.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @wolvinnetje oh I know it's 30 minutes for the whole week; Its the repetitive impact over the week that concerns me. And I'm still trying to keep myself in check by alternating high impact days with minimal impact days. But no worries.....I will get 30 minutes through either actual jumping or a combination of the alternatives from the video.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @wolvinnetje & @ka97: You are both doing it correctly! I am planning on spreading mine out over most of the week because of my bad knees, and maybe substituting a couple of games of hopscotch for some of the jumping. Yes, @ka97, I don't see any reason you can't do the mountain climbers as well. Anyone that wants to do mountain climbers, go for it! It just won't be me. ;)
    @ka97: I'm glad to hear about your run. Just don't be too anxious and overdo it! :o
    @AlethaMary: That cow is the epitome of cuteness! :)
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    r0sngk9m1swo.png
    What I feel like after 5 mins of jumping rope!!! (No not my dog)
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    xebhgkcjtzgm.png

Do you know how many different colored veggies and fruit are in it?? Hahhaaa
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    xebhgkcjtzgm.png

Do you know how many different colored veggies and fruit are in it?? Hahhaaa

Haha T! I had an orange for breakfast! A salad (lettuce, tomato, mushrooms) and carrots for lunch! I am liking the Bloody Mary idea! I have benchmark testing all week it will be crazy!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    And I had whole grain pasta! :)
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    WTG team 1!!! Way to stick together and cheer everyone on to the victory!! That's how a team works.
    Hhhhmmm jumping rope?? Will have to think of that one. Last time I used a string of garland and got a lot of weird looks since I did it at work. Maybe I will do an alternative since my knees and my bum don't really care for jumping.

So do I understand this right that at the end of 5 days we post the colors of our fruit and veggies for each day all in one post??
  • hawkins410
    edited November 2016
    Options
    WTG team 1!!! Way to stick together and cheer everyone on to the victory!! That's how a team works.
    Hhhhmmm jumping rope?? Will have to think of that one. Last time I used a string of garland and got a lot of weird looks since I did it at work. Maybe I will do an alternative since my knees and my bum don't really care for jumping.

So do I understand this right that at the end of 5 days we post the colors of our fruit and veggies for each day all in one post??
    I loved it when you used the garland last time! I think that was the best modification of the whole game! :D
    Yes, @MissionEnforcer wants ONE post AFTER completion of the challenge. The post should contain the two fruits, veggies, legumes or grains that you ate per day for five days.
    And, just in case y'all are wondering, this:
    wv54n939n78z.jpg
    PROBABLY shouldn't count as a food in the "red" group! ;)
    (It sure looks good though, doesn't it?!)
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    So my 8 year old says " you have to be faster mom like this!" And yanks the rope I was using to jump rope out of my hand! Can I slink to the corner now? I got my 10 mins in for the day. I guess tomorrow I will bring home some chalk and see if I stink at hopscotch too!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Glad the day is over. It was one of those days when everything is stressful and nothing goes easily or as planned. Grrrr.

My evening dog walk was intended as a stress relief, but Stella was extra squirrelly and it was frustrating to try to keep her walking nicely. It was dark already too, which is hard to get used to. And then we almost ran smack into an enormous skunk! It was trotting around right by the crosswalk we were just about to go towards. I saw it and thought it was a Pomeranian or something because it was a big poof with it's tail. And then I realized it was a skunk and I yanked Stella back and retreated as fast as possible. I kept expecting to smell it because it sure did puff up but I don't think it sprayed. Got the heartrate up a bit on that one.

I forgot my lunch today, so I went out and bought a chef salad. Which gave me green and red veggies from the lettuce, avocado and cucumbers and the tomato. I guess the banana I had this morning would be white, not yellow. So, three colors today in the fruit and veggie world. Oh and green grapes too.

I'm headed to bed early today to get this day over with and start fresh tomorrow.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Loving the first arm workout with weights. I may keep this one on hand
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @ka97 I had to read your post twice ---- " Of course, the one that is most appealing is the burpees" Never have I ever thought of burpees as appealing!!! :D@TamiJo1004 and @dtplow so fun that you do the challenges with your kids!

Now they already thinking I am weird at work, but just an idea for those of us who are in the dark in the evenings. I notice at our tile floor in the hallways at work makes perfect hopscotch squares. Just think about it!! I actually went through one pass through in the LOCKED restroom. My foot isn't up to it yet, but maybe later in the week??? Just saying!!!
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning All

What a great team we have we did it again!!!
    We are worth it to be TEAM 1
    Congrats everybody now up for the next week.
    Thanks @hawkins410 to bring us to beautiful Australia you had a lots of work in this girl.
    I appriciate all the effort that you put in this challenge I know it is a lot of work to make it this way ofcourse also thanks to the mysterious man :D

I love rope jumping as you say you burn cal so much it is very nice.
    I also love the arm challenge and the food challenge
    Easy 25 points this week ;)

Have a great Monday all and a good start of a brand new week

XXXXXX

Yes, I love the food challenges this week and the arm challenges... the jump rope might be rotated with the hopscotch because jumping rope is hard for me but I can do it, just in smaller amounts.
    Thanks @hawkins410 Australia's Great Barrier Reef looks so beautiful, makes me think we are there. Let's get this goin' mateys and stay in 1st because a little competition makes these so much fun
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Yes, I was looking to save that video also, I love the weight video but I only use 3-5 lbs because I don't like to over strain my arms.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options

Yes, I was looking to save that video also, I love the weight video but I only use 3-5 lbs because I don't like to over strain my arms.

thats the same size weights i use too. get just as good a burn
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    i need to find something else to do besides jump rope and hopscotch. my knees just don't like either one. any suggestions?
  • hawkins410
    edited November 2016
    Options
    i need to find something else to do besides jump rope and hopscotch. my knees just don't like either one. any suggestions?
    Have you checked out the "ROO HOPPING ALTERNATIVE" (the blue link)? It is designed for those of us w/ bad knees, ankles, etc. and is a YouTube titled "Jump Rope Replacement Exercises". You don't have to do them all (I'm not doing 30 minutes of burpees...NO WAY), but I like most of the other stuff the guy does. I need the core workout!!