TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer my #3 challenge

1. Dasher - Drink plenty of water 11 glasses
    2. Dancer - Stretch daily minimum of 10 minutes for sciatic and plantar fasciitis
    3. Prancer - Practice breathing to keep me in a happy place mentally
    4. Vixen - Start measuring meals again
    5. Comet -Meal prepping for the week (lunches) that way I am not tempted to eat out
    6. Cupid - Cut down on sugar, eat more fruit and vegetables
    7. Donner - Aim for 60 minute workout rather than 30-45 minute 4-5 days a week DON'T SETTLE
    8. Blitzen - Practice positive reinforcement
    9. And then there is Rudolph- Try the new kickboxing workout at my gym
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post my minutes or challenge points last night I had my work Christmas party and yesterday was hectic. I finished my ab videos yesterday.
    So @MissionEnforcer video 1 done 2x, video 2 done 2x
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 Love the picture!
    Way to go @aenglehardt347
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Hi team one!

Last night I had a holiday party, which was really fun but I ate and drank way too much! Morning came way too soon and I debated but managed to drag myself out for my running group long run at 8 am. I did 90 minutes of running in the cold. Mostly I was dressed warmly enough but my butt was super cold. And at the end my toes were cold and soaked. It took a long time to warm up.

I took Stella out after I had a chance to recover and did a 50 minute walk. Then Stella and I had a nap challenge this afternoon I won because she woke me up, but I guess that also means I lost, because I wanted to sleep longer. :wink:

I also did the 6 minute standing abs video for the 2nd time and the 12 minute abs with dumbbell for the first time. I liked the 12-minute one better. Some nice stretching. So I just need to do that one more time tomorrow to finish challenge 1.

Finally, I did 57 minutes of Shakti Power Flow from Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. That was a good one, but my legs were shaking after all I had done today. Total minutes for today were 214, entered in to the spreadsheet.

I hope everyone is having a good day, and getting lots of minutes. @hawkins410, hope your travels went okay. Your driver looks a little out of it.
  • LeoLivingByDesign
    LeoLivingByDesign Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I chose to do “It’s Rajio Taiso Time!” from week three. I like the simplicity of the routine and music. I found it both relaxing and invigorating at the same time if that makes sense.
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3:

1) Continue to avoid refined sugar.
    2) Hike at least 1 mile per day.
    3) Continue to cut back on diet sodas / drink water instead.
    4) Swim at least 3 times per week.
    5) Continue to do stretching exercises.
    6) Consciously try to sit up straight and walk more erect.
    7) Eat more vegetables and fruits.
    8) Continue to cut back on meat and fats.

9) Get a gym membership.
  • Ingrid2017
    Options
    Challenge #2:

I completed the “HIKING THE NA PALI COAST” Challenge. I chose this challenge because I love to go on long walks outside, and have always wanted to go to Hawaii :) . The pictures are so beautiful that they made me look at all of the other weeks' challenges, that took place before I joined the race. @hawkins410 and @MissionEnforcer definitely did a wonderful job putting all of this together!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    1. log the food, all of it
    2. pre-log during the work week
    3. eat veggies, lots of veggies
    4. measure everything on the kitchen scale
    5. run run run
    6. sign up for races - I find I do better when training for something
    7. lift heavy things
    8. keep trigger foods out of the house
    9. It's not totally new since I started a few weeks ago, but I'm going to keep up the kickboxing classes at least until March. And for the holidays.....drink water in between alcoholic drinks.

I've got a 10 mile run planned for today. Will update on challenge #2 when that's done.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress going on!
    @Ingrid2017 Awesome numbers this week! Wow!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    178328-At-Dawn-We-Ride.jpg
    TODAY BELONGS TO TEAM ONE!
    :)
    LET'S ROCK IT!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Going to rack up lots of minutes shoveling snow. Snowstorm Aaron has hit!!! So besides shoveling snow I'll be getting an extra workout or 2 in in addition.
    "The Final Countdown" is going to be playing sometime today I'm sure!!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @120maggie yes abs are done and 8+ mile frigid outdoor trek just complete. Will update the spreadsheet and do the challenge 2 post this evening from my laptop.
    And I'll get @tonilogan on the laptop as well.
  • Ingrid2017
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :) "The Final Countdown" is in my head too! We need a final rally! Do it for yourself, do it for the team,

DO IT FOR FLUFFY!!!

srdhlyzv9a73.jpg