QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!

Options

Replies

• energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Is banana in yellow group, or in white? If in white is that a color of the rainbow? I have seen it in different color groups in charts.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Is banana in yellow group, or in white? If in white is that a color of the rainbow? I have seen it in different color groups in charts.
    I have only seen it listed as white, but if you need yellow, call it yellow. We never called this a "Rainbow Challenge". It is just meant as a challenge to get all of us eating an array of healthy foods. Eating a variety of different colors (or non-color, as in the case of white), is a good place to start, especially for those of us who might be in the habit of eating too much of the same thing. Just follow MissionEnforcer's instructions when posting, and I can guarantee you he will be pretty lenient about the "colors". :)
  • Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 Is it acceptable to do jumping jacks for "The Kangaroo Hop" as part of the hopscotch challenge? I don't have a lot of space - I have resorted to our section of the basement in an effort not to upset my neighbors - so if I can hop on the spot that would be great. I'm aiming to do 3 sets of 5 minutes today and again tomorrow. I feel it is suitable for the challenge, but just want to double check! :)
  • hawkins410
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Meowler: It is actually a jump rope challenge and the hopscotch is just an alternative. There is also an alternative with a blue link called "Roo Hopping Alternative". If none of these three work for you, then I suppose jumping jack's are a reasonable substitution. Thank you for asking! :)
  • Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 No problem. Unfortunately I don't have jumping rope or any equipment to substitute it with. As I live in an apartment it's not really a worthwhile investment for me. I've just done 3x 5 minutes of jumping jacks and alternated it with hopscotch on the spot. The jumping jacks feel like a more intense burn. I'll put these down for the challenge, but again if you decide it's not suitable let me know. I'll just need to make up the time elsewhere. :)
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    If I do a combo of running and walking, I can just count half of my running miles, right? So I would normally walk half a mile, run 1 mile, walk half...so could I just count that as 1.5 miles?
  • hawkins410
    Options
    BJerzy wrote: »
    If I do a combo of running and walking, I can just count half of my running miles, right? So I would normally walk half a mile, run 1 mile, walk half...so could I just count that as 1.5 miles?
    Yes, sounds good! :)
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    WAYY late to the game bc I took a logging break. Added myself to the wait list. But really its to keep myself up with the group for the next challenge :smiley: Go teams!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    WAYY late to the game bc I took a logging break. Added myself to the wait list. But really its to keep myself up with the group for the next challenge :smiley: Go teams!
    Welcome back! There might be room for you by next week! :)
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Once we watch all 8 videos, can we count the activity minutes? (rounding up I tallied it to 16 minutes)
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    2run2ski wrote: »
    Once we watch all 8 videos, can we count the activity minutes? (rounding up I tallied it to 16 minutes)

Yes.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am such a bone head. I needed some good reading material for lunch so I clicked on this link. OMG now I see the food list. Thanks
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    When logging to stay under, what if you log late (after midnight )... you were under but nothing shows for status feed? Can we count this?
  • hawkins410
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    When logging to stay under, what if you log late (after midnight )... you were under but nothing shows for status feed? Can we count this?
    Yes. But you might want to make sure you finish by Saturday because the spreadsheet might close before you remember to log on Sunday.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Not able to post the 5 points for the food challenge... I tried for a couple of others on the team when mine didn't work and keeps popping up with the message, have to enter 0 or 5... well, 5 doesn't work.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Not able to post the 5 points for the food challenge... I tried for a couple of others on the team when mine didn't work and keeps popping up with the message, have to enter 0 or 5... well, 5 doesn't work.
    Thanks for asking! We were called out of town on a family emergency and @MissionEnforcer can't fix it from his phone. He hopes to do it from his laptop in the next couple of hours. We will keep you posted!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    5 point challenge may be posted now.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Thanks for asking! We were called out of town on a family emergency and @MissionEnforcer can't fix it from his phone. He hopes to do it from his laptop in the next couple of hours. We will keep you posted!

Hope all turns out ok for you and your family, Clarice. We will be thinking about you! <3
  • hawkins410
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Hope all turns out ok for you and your family, Clarice. We will be thinking about you!<3
    Thank you Lesley! I think everything will be fine, but I must warn everyone: Next week's destination may be a little late. But what else is new, right? :D