QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!

Options
hawkins410
hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
Post any questions you may have here! No question is too silly and either @MissionEnforcer (the "Man Behind the Spreasheets") or I will answer as quickly as we can! :)

Replies

• 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi can I put in a request for another guy for our team 5 to keep Rus company lol :D
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @2016summerfun: As of now, the teams have an equal number of players. Poor @rusgolden will have to fend for himself on Team Five, but I think he's up to the challenge! :D If you know of another male that would like to join your team, have him sign up and he can go on the Wait List. :)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @Hawkins410 i have just told the guys in another group i'm in :p
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @Hawkins410 i have just told the guys in another group i'm in :p
    Awesome! :)
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Are there still openings?
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Rinde99 wrote: »
    Are there still openings?
    As of right now, the teams are full and have an equal amount of players. However, we would love to have you add your name to the Wait List Sign-up Sheet! Not all racers always make it to the starting line, so I imagine we will need you soon. Thank you for your interest! :)
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,292 Member
    Options
    Hi,

perhaps a dumb question, but I want to make sure...

You wrote in the starting line thread
    "Once the announcement is posted, you may start counting your exercise minutes (miles) as soon as it is midnight in your time zone!"

Do you mean that we can start on Monday 0:01 a.m. on our time? Or do we literally have to wait until the next midnight?

Because I am living in Europe, so when the challenge is posted at 8:00 p.m. PDT on Sunday, it is already 5:00 a.m. on Monday for me, so waitng until the next midnight would mean starting on Tuesday...
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @Maalea: Thank you for asking! The time zone differences can get pretty confusing! Because you are in Europe, you can start counting your exercise minutes as soon as you want on Monday! 0:01 a.m. is fine. You don't even have to wait untiI the week's destination and challenges are posted. Have fun! :)
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,292 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you!
    I don't think I will be doing much exercising at 0:01 a.m. anyway ;) but starting Monday morning is great!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,140 Member
    Options
    @Maalea - I'm glad you asked the question! Even though I'm only on the East Coast, I was already thinking...but for the people in Australia or Eastern Asia it's already going to be evening on Monday before the stuff is posted at 8pm PDT. But I didn't think it was appropriate for me to ask.

Good to know they aren't penalized @hawkins410, and get the same amount of time as we do, even if they don't find out details until later in the day.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    How do I get to the "starting line", what do I need to do? New at this.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Not sure I have made this - @rusgolden posted on mfp invitations to join team 5, however I was away for the weekend with very little internet connection and now think I am too late. Do I need to add my name to the wait list now?
  • hawkins410
    Options
    How do I get to the "starting line", what do I need to do? New at this.
    The Starting Line is an Announcement titled "Leaving from Leavenworth" on the main group page (where you found your team thread). Every Sunday evening (at approximately 8:00 p.m. PDT) the week's destination and challenges will be announced on the same page. You will also be able to find the Spreadsheet links there. Please bookmark that page as you will be needing it often. I hope this helps!
    Your Team Captain, @lbenson2006, will also be very helpful with helping you navigate your way! :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Not sure I have made this - @rusgolden posted on mfp invitations to join team 5, however I was away for the weekend with very little internet connection and now think I am too late. Do I need to add my name to the wait list now?
    You did miss the initial cutoff, but @MissionEnforcer has already added your name to the Wait List. :)
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    Quick newbie question: how long do we have to do the challenges? Are they posted weekly, and we have all week to do them? Or will there be challenges popping up mid-week throughout?
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,368 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Question Is there a thread for each teams information (spreadsheets), daily points, miles minutes. Sorry, I don't remember if we have to create our own, :)
  • hawkins410
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Question Is there a thread for each teams information (spreadsheets), daily points, miles minutes. Sorry, I don't remember if we have to create our own, :)
    @MissionEnforcer is in the process of finalizing the weekly spreadsheets. It will have all the boxes to enter daily minutes/miles and challenge points.
    Quick newbie question: how long do we have to do the challenges? Are they posted weekly, and we have all week to do them? Or will there be challenges popping up mid-week throughout?
    You have until next Sunday, October 23rd at 9:00 p.m. PDT to finish this week's challenges. The weekly spreadsheets will close at that time! There are no more challenges popping up during the week. This is it! :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,368 Member
    Options
    That's right, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING, thanks!!!!!!!!!
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I know 1 min of exercise = 1 mile. Does it only count if it's something like running/walking/cycling/etc or do things like weight lifting, yoga and classes like zumba count too?
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't see the weigh in sheet on spreadsheet?