QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!

Options

Replies

• Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Not sure I have made this - @rusgolden posted on mfp invitations to join team 5, however I was away for the weekend with very little internet connection and now think I am too late. Do I need to add my name to the wait list now?
    You did miss the initial cutoff, but @MissionEnforcer has already added your name to the Wait List. :)

What a shame - still I shall just have to wait, no doubt I will hear at some point - let's hope I don't miss anything as I'm not that techy with these things lol
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »
    I don't see the weigh in sheet on spreadsheet?
    New to the challenge this fall is a weigh-in spreadsheet! It is a tab along with the team spreadsheets. Your weight loss won't factor in to your team points, but it is a great place to keep track! :)
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Quick newbie question: how long do we have to do the challenges? Are they posted weekly, and we have all week to do them? Or will there be challenges popping up mid-week throughout?
    You have until next Sunday, October 23rd at 9:00 p.m. PDT to finish this week's challenges. The weekly spreadsheets will close at that time! There are no more challenges popping up during the week. This is it! :)

So, we no longer have until the following Monday morning to post? I thought it was a Midnight Sunday to midnight Sunday in the time zone we are in? Those that are further east than PDT will have an advantage of additional hours... IMHO.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Question was posed regarding how specific you need to be when telling about your "town"... Last race, this was more general as many don't want to reveal their town on public forums... So can we post about the state or country (for non-US/Canada) we live in instead?
  • hawkins410
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Quick newbie question: how long do we have to do the challenges? Are they posted weekly, and we have all week to do them? Or will there be challenges popping up mid-week throughout?
    You have until next Sunday, October 23rd at 9:00 p.m. PDT to finish this week's challenges. The weekly spreadsheets will close at that time! There are no more challenges popping up during the week. This is it! :)

So, we no longer have until the following Monday morning to post? I thought it was a Midnight Sunday to midnight Sunday in the time zone we are in? Those that are further east than PDT will have an advantage of additional hours... IMHO.
    Sorry Rus, too many players waited until the last possible second on Monday morning to log minutes. This made it nearly impossible for @MissionEnforcer to see who was the still with the teams and adjust the next week's spreadsheet accordingly. Therefore, spreadsheets will lock at 9:00 p.m. PDT every Sunday. I doubt too many people exercise past that hour (it will be midnight on the East Coast).
    Attention all players: if you are going to be away for the weekend, and believe you will miss the 9:00 pm PDT Sunday cutoff time to log on the spreadsheets, please contact your Team Captain and something can be arranged with @MissionEnforcer :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Question was posed regarding how specific you need to be when telling about your "town"... Last race, this was more general as many don't want to reveal their town on public forums... So can we post about the state or country (for non-US/Canada) we live in instead?
    Good question! You are right; many people don't like to give their specific town for privacy reasons, therefore we don't require it. Naming my state and describing the general area will suffice. For example, if I just say I live in California, that would be too vague. But if I say I live in a bedroom community halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego, and also include a very brief description of my area, that would work. Also, I must remember to tag @MissionEnforcer. Thank you for asking! :)
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »
    I don't see the weigh in sheet on spreadsheet?
    New to the challenge this fall is a weigh-in spreadsheet! It is a tab along with the team spreadsheets. Your weight loss won't factor in to your team points, but it is a great place to keep track! :)

Awwww :o for a second I got really :/ excited. Adding the weight points part of the challenge would have been more encouraging.. I was looking for that motivation.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,298 Member
    Options
    A question about logging our workout minutes:

Does yoga and the minutes we do for stretching before and after, our exercises, count too!
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Fall Fun members. Two?? I would like to introduce myself in my Team 2 thread and TAG @MissionEnforcer, how is that done? And I would like to login Spread sheets, I've have the Google app loaded and used it for the Spring Amazing Race to log but I am unable to at this time? Can I get to it from our spreadsheets? Or go right to the app? I appreciate any help with this, thank you.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    A question about logging our workout minutes:
    Does yoga and the minutes we do for stretching before and after, our exercises, count too!
    Yes. You are not on the couch watching TV. :)
    However, there is a 1000 minute/player/week cap on how many exercise minutes (miles) a player can put on the spreadsheet. Minutes will still count in the player rankings. This is to try to make sure all racers pull their own weight (pun not intended) :D.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note from one on the wait list - happy to join Team 5 or 6 as I have friends in both lol
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I wondered about that new column with the 1000 minute max!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    One thing I am a little confused about :* my main form of exercise is walking, so if I walk say 1 hour a day, is that 60 minute/miles or my actual miles I walked (3 or 4) :) I am thinking 60 minutes/miles. Thanks :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    60! :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    60! :)

Thank you :smiley:
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Since it is optional anyway, I'm assuming I can post my weights from Fridays rather than Mondays, since that is my for record weigh in days. Hopefully that is correct.
    BJerzy wrote: »
    Everything outside your normal routine counts, including all forms of exercise, walking your dog or even vigorously gardening or cleaning the house.

Good thing anything outside my "normal routine" counts, might mean my house actually gets cleaned during this event... ;)
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    I wondered about that new column with the 1000 minute max!

Some teams last race, had members that were contributing (at times), well over 20% of their team's total exercise minutes. Complacency, despondency, and yes, even acrimony, seemed to set in for some of the other players and teams.

So, in an effort to foster greater individual contributions (as well as trying to keep the "overachievers" from killing themselves), we figured we'd give this "1000 minute per week thing" a shot. This applies to the total weekly individual's "Team Minutes" only. Individual's actual totals will still be displayed in a separate column, and will be fully applied to the two "Power Ranking" Spreadsheets, as in the previous race.

Smart way to deal with outliers!