QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!

Options

Replies

• sunshibe81
    sunshibe81 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Post any questions you may have here! No question is too silly and either @MissionEnforcer (the "Man Behind the Spreasheets") or I will answer as quickly as we can! :)

Hey there! Is there any room to join this challenge?? Sounds like fun!!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @sunshibe81: The teams are currently full, but you've taken the necessary steps to join a team when there is an opening (you have joined the Group and put your name on the sign-up sheet). Right now, the teams look pretty solid, but you never know what might come up. @MissionEnforcer will be the one that will contact you (via a message) if there is an opening.
    Thank you for your interest! :)
  • sunshibe81
    sunshibe81 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    @sunshibe81: The teams are currently full, but you've taken the necessary steps to join a team when there is an opening (you have joined the Group and put your name on the sign-up sheet). Right now, the teams look pretty solid, but you never know what might come up. @MissionEnforcer will be the one that will contact you (via a message) if there is an opening.
    Thank you for your interest! :)

OK no problem. Please message me if you have a new challenge when this one is completed. Thank you!!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    I love it @RaeBeeBaby! Thank you for the laugh! :D
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 I am open to any team always good to meet new people
  • hawkins410
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »
    @hawkins410 I am open to any team always good to meet new people
    Great! :)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 . I don't seem to be able to up date the weight tracker with todays weigh in .
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @hawkins410 . I don't seem to be able to up date the weight tracker with todays weigh in .

Weights can only be entered into the "BLUE" boxes (with dates at top) It is set up as a weekly entry (Monday) to chart weekly progress. If you wish to enter your weight more often (or on a different day), use the following week's box, and just keep replacing your weight until the following week.

Since your weights don't figure into the race, you can pretty much do what you want. If there is interest, this can be turned into a separate mini-competition (like the "Power Rankings").

Conversely, I'm trying to come up with a "privacy" feature, if this would appeal to others. I appreciate all feedback.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have to find out how I count this Sunday. I am working at a pumpkin chucking event. I think I will be running around all day 10-4 how do I count that??
  • MissionEnforcer
    Options
    Realistically, it doesn't sound like it's being done for exercise, anymore than going to Disneyland would be. How much will you be recording in your log as exercise? If you were in a dead heat for 1st place, what would you gladly accept from from an opposing team member? Claim what you honestly feel is fair, since I'm sure some of it will be strenuous, and out of the ordinary. Thank you for asking!
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I ask because you had house work and gardening that counted. So I will count it if they have me running and hauling pumpkins for more that a couple of minutes. I am calling the person and telling them to put me in an aerobic type area. Thanks. I will only count what makes me sweat. It is going to be 45* on Sunday.
  • lynnbaum
    edited October 2016
    Options
    She is going to put me in kids games. This is all outside Maybe we will be doing some sack races type games

• MissionEnforcer
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    I ask because you had house work and gardening that counted. So I will count it if they have me running and hauling pumpkins for more that a couple of minutes. I am calling the person and telling them to put me in an aerobic type area. Thanks. I will only count what makes me sweat. It is going to be 45* on Sunday.

You're right, but with those two examples I wouldn't count the entire time, and it should be more for "extreme" housework and gardening, not the usual maintenance stuff. It's all very subjective...I would go more with "what are YOU willing to accept from your (west coast) competition" at zero hour.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    We can count housework and gardening as long as it's extreme?? hehe

*rubbing hands together gleefully* >:)

Actually, I normally only count intentional exercise, but may have to discuss further with teammates. Lots of household and yard activities make me break a sweat!
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I am giving it my all if I do sack races with 5 year olds. lots of side stepping in squat position with a hop. I better keep switching sides. I will be hitting the tread mill tonight because my goal is to work my but not to get a big point value. I will post a couple of pictures on Monday when I recover
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @lynnbaum: I admire your energy! Sack races w/ 5 year olds sounds like a big calorie burner! :) Have fun!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,298 Member
    Options

I have a question does a member still have to be accountable for the challenge, IF either they go on vacation OR get sick. Plus is there a day they have to opt out.

(I thought of this just driving to pick up hubby) that one of my teammates came down with strep. I'll have to go read over all the posts.

Sorry, this never cross my mind, :)
    Jackie