QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!

Options

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410- can you post links to either YouTube videos or darebee workouts that show the way to do the exercises in this weeks rockettes challenge? I'm unfamiliar with some of them and want to make certain I'm doing the correct exercise. Thanks!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    @hawkins410- can you post links to either YouTube videos or darebee workouts that show the way to do the exercises in this weeks rockettes challenge? I'm unfamiliar with some of them and want to make certain I'm doing the correct exercise. Thanks!
    Use this posted link:

“SIX WAYS TO TRAIN LIKE A ROCKETTE”

Each stretching position must be done at least three times. Any actual dancing is optional and on your own! :)
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer @hawkins410 any luck on joining a new team? :smiley:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    Use this posted link:

“SIX WAYS TO TRAIN LIKE A ROCKETTE”

Each stretching position must be done at least three times. Any actual dancing is optional and on your own! :)

So I'm an idiot! Thanks!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Erm, how big of a room do we need to do the exercises in for the Rockettes challenge? It just says go "across the room" with no definition of the size of the room you are 'going across'. Or maybe it would be better to just say, do x number of each per set to ensure we're all doing the same amount of exercise?
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    In the week 6 thread it sounds like we need to do 3 sets of the Rockettes exercises... but when you say each stretch needs to be done 3 times, it sounds like it's one set of three stretches for each of the 6. If it's 3 sets, we just need to know if there is a specific number per set since in the link it just says 'across the room', and if it is actually supposed to be one set of 3 per stretch, then we just need that clarified. Thanks!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Erm, how big of a room do we need to do the exercises in for the Rockettes challenge? It just says go "across the room" with no definition of the size of the room you are 'going across'. Or maybe it would be better to just say, do x number of each per set to ensure we're all doing the same amount of exercise?
    Dance studios are ideally at least 45' x 45'. However, knowing most of us don't have access to a dance studio, or a room that large, I have left the specific amount up to the individual racers (just as the article left it vague). I'm planning on doing at least 20 of each exercise, which means I will have to go in circles, back and forth in my living room, down a long hall at work, or outside. But that's just me! I'd like to leave it to each player to determine what he/she thinks is a fair amount and good for their bodies. Obviously, "Bathroom Lunges" would be a tad "underwhelming", but I don't want to overwhelm anyone either. What ever works for you, and gives you a good, decent stretch, is just dandy! :)
  • b3achy
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Dance studios are ideally at least 45' x 45'. However, knowing most of us don't have access to a dance studio, or a room that large, I have left the specific amount up to the individual racers (just as the article left it vague). I'm planning on doing at least 20 of each exercise, which means I will have to go in circles, back and forth in my living room, down a long hall at work, or outside. But that's just me! I'd like to leave it to each player to determine what he/she thinks is a fair amount and good for their bodies. Obviously, "Bathroom Lunges" would be a tad "underwhelming", but I don't want to overwhelm anyone either. What ever works for you, and gives you a good, decent stretch, is just dandy! :)

Ah, you know me too well...I was contemplating bathroom exercises... ;)

Thanks, that helps a bunch. I personally may try to do at least one or two sets in my gym's exercise room, if it is free when I go. Will do the first set at home, down the hallways, so I can get them figured out before trying in public. :smirk:
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 I just wanted to say I love challenge three this week. It is so wonderful to see what everyone is grateful for.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    @hawkins410 I just wanted to say I love challenge three this week. It is so wonderful to see what everyone is grateful for.
    Thank you & I agree! It is so beautiful see how the AR racers appreciate and are thankful for what they have in their lives! <3
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    are we doing another challenge in Jan?? I have so enjoyed this one. It was really tough on many levels but so well worth it.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer It would be awesome if ldrichmond476 from the waitlist could be added to team 4. Thanks!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    darcijojo wrote: »
    @MissionEnforcer It would be awesome if ldrichmond476 from the waitlist could be added to team 4. Thanks!
    @MissionEnforcer is trying his best to keep the teams as even as possible. Have your Team Captain message him with who needs to be replaced (or you can do it if @SmashleyM914 is not available). Will @ldrichmond476 ONLY play on Team Four or is he/she available for other teams if needed? Thank you! :)
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I will be excited to do this again in Feb. All we have to do is maintain the healthy habits we have been doing over the last couple of months and we should be able to start strong and end stronger.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    Any one else searching you tube for new and fun workouts. I found a couple of kettlebell ones that were pretty fun but also kind of hard or should I say really good workouts. one was befit with amy I think it was called
  • b3achy
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    are we doing another challenge in Jan?? I have so enjoyed this one. It was really tough on many levels but so well worth it.
    No, there won't be one in January. I will be out of town with my dad for much of December and it takes a lot of time to get these up and running. I'll see if I can talk @MissionEnforcer into a Feb-March race. I'm so happy you enjoyed this one and got something out of it! :)

I would be SO HAPPY if you guys do another one!!! :D:D

Me too!! I know this takes a ton of work, and you have to put up with PiTA people like me asking bunches of questions, but I've totally enjoyed the challenge and appreciate all that you've done to make this happen!! Hope you will do another!! <3:star:<3
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer and @hawkins410 my but is screaming thank you for all you work this morning.