Me Vs The Binge -- Nov 2016 Challenge

Options
Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

The objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than “The Binge.” One day at a time.

Current month 2016:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Nov 2

Me: 2
    Binge: 0

Streak: 2
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Nov 2

Thanks for starting the new thread, IamIam.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    DBF: 2
  • FreeVeg
    FreeVeg Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Nov2

Streak: 2
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sending good thoughts out for the best of November to all of us.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    And back at you, Knit!
  • gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    3 Nov

Me 2
    B 1

Streak 2

Thanks for the new thread, glad to be back.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    Nov 3
    Me: 3
    the B: 0
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    DBF: 3
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Nov 3

Streak: 3
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Binge-free: 48

Hitting a tricky point.. I had a really rough week and how I'm not feeling too strong right now.. if I can change my perspective tomorrow, I should be able to pull through this, but I can feel that I'm close to losing my streak..
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @mae918 - I have to make sure not to focus on my streak when I get like that. The more focus I put on it, the more pressure to perform, it almost guarantees failure FOR ME... I hope you can find a way to get through your rough week. You deserve this success.
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Nov 4

Streak: 46

@mae918 please don't your helping keep mine alive. Let's make it to Thanksgiving and workout the amount of calories we can have not to call it a BINGE! I'm thinking 1800 with a 5K run that morning ... will allow me to think the BINGE is still down for the count!

So last night I'm with a friend at a college basketball game and he hands me this pack of m&ms and I take about 8 not thinking about my "no eating after the last meal of the day" pledge. Later coming home I thought hey I broke my pledge that's the key to helping me fight the BINGE. But MFP had my calorie count under my goal of 1400. Yes was a little upset about the pledge but no way did the BINGE get the best of me. My wife is thinking I need to be committed. Maybe some of you understand. You have to take the BINGE seriously!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Streak: 3
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Nov 4

Me: 4

Streak: 4
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    mae918 wrote: »
    Binge-free: 48

Hitting a tricky point.. I had a really rough week and how I'm not feeling too strong right now.. if I can change my perspective tomorrow, I should be able to pull through this, but I can feel that I'm close to losing my streak..

One day at a time....you can do it!
  • gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    4 Nov

Me 3
    B 1

Streak 3
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Binge-free: 49

Thank you, everyone!! I made it through today and made some very intentional good choices. It worked out! @hillmike56, let's keep aiming for Thanksgiving - One day at a time though!!
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Nov 5

Streak: 47

Check off one Weekend night successful ... Yes @mae918 understood maybe we should get some coins like the AA group for the BINGE.

fvrmzkcnwikp.jpg