You Know You're a Runner When...

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    No, I can't damn walk a 5k with you because it will mess up my run/rest schedule.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When you tell your friends you can't go out with them because it's "pre-race week..." and you don't feel bad about it, because you actually prefer to stick to your plan than going out with them anyway...
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    MFP needs a "like" button. These are gold.

How about "you plan weekends get-a-ways with your spouse based on where there's a good race to run."

"You turn down a night out with friends because you have to do 12 miles in the morning"

Good God, no exaggeration, but hubby was looking at a weekend away earlier on the net and he was checking where the nearest parkrun 5k is to it to see if I can get a race in!!!!

Regarding your second paragraph there, that is EXACTLY what I have ended up doing regarding a party I have been invited to next month! :noway:
  • __Di__
    Options

Yes, I am currently missing one on each foot! How about you know you are a long distance runner when you have chafing scars from your HRM.

LOL glad I am not the only one with that :laugh:
  • __Di__
    Options
    -You categorize your music as "i can/can't run to that"
    -Most of your playlists are about running... and each one is specific for a certain kind of race or pace
    -It actually hurts when you're not able to do a long run the week before a HM
    -You plan your life around your running training plan
    -You have a specific drawer for running gear, and it's got more items than your other drawers
    :happy:

Sod the drawer, I bought a new single wardrobe :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    *You have your running schedule mapped out a year in advance.

HAHAHA
    I just did that last weekend in prevision of possibly running my first marathon. It's in a binder, color coded and everything!

Yep I know when and what distance I'll run in june 2014!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I became a runner the minute my head wrapped around the idea that you can stop, sit and enjoy the sunrise, then continue and still call it a run. What? You mean I can take breaks! What is this non-sense!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    MFP needs a "like" button. These are gold.

How about "you plan weekends get-a-ways with your spouse based on where there's a good race to run."

"You turn down a night out with friends because you have to do 12 miles in the morning"

Good God, no exaggeration, but hubby was looking at a weekend away earlier on the net and he was checking where the nearest parkrun 5k is to it to see if I can get a race in!!!!

Regarding your second paragraph there, that is EXACTLY what I have ended up doing regarding a party I have been invited to next month! :noway:

I did that for our honeymoon.

And several other trips.
  • suannemarie
    Options
    Your perfect weather for a run is at least 20 degrees cooler than non-runners find reasonable.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    ...you're so focused on training for your first marathon that you completely forgot about the half that is coming up tomorrow. And you're trying to figure out how to make it and your 22 mile long (which happens the day after the race) fit together schedule wise.
    True story.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    ...you're so focused on training for your first marathon that you completely forgot about the half that is coming up tomorrow. And you're trying to figure out how to make it and your 22 mile long (which happens the day after the race) fit together schedule wise.
    True story.

Yikes!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    True story.

Yikes!

Yikes indeed. Could you just keep on going another 9 after the finish line? :laugh:
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    True story.

Yikes!

Yikes indeed. Could you just keep on going another 9 after the finish line? :laugh:

Bad scheduling, I have to fly out of there right after the finish, drive 1+ hours home for a family thing. Otherwise I would do exactly that. I'm thinking I'll have to pick up the remaining 9 later in the afternoon. I hate to break up the long though, so I'm thinking I might do it on Tues or Wed, though that's cutting into my taper period by a couple days. Not sure yet.
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You visually imagine yourself racing somebody who is running down the street

You have more pairs of short shorts (guys) than you do blue jean shorts

Your closet is organized- running clothes- everything else.

You ask for a Garmin Forerunner for your birthday

You have to spend 60 dollars each time you have a race for a new running outfit (lol just did it on Friday night)

One of your biggest expenses is running shoes.

You try and explain exactly what a "fartlek" is.
  • LisaLuyet
    LisaLuyet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...that is awesome!

4. Wear a sportsbra to work because it'll be a faster change after to go running

I do this!
  • LisaLuyet
    LisaLuyet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am scheduled to go out of town on business or pleasure I immediately search for races in the area I'm traveling to.
  • mlk8604
    mlk8604 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When you think it's easier to run up a hill than walk it. True story. I walked up a hill last weekend during my cooldown and my shins were on fire!! This doesn't happen when I run up the same hill.....
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You have slowly replaced all your normal socks with running socks to 1. save time so you don't have to fish in the dark, 2. because they feel more comfortable than cotton socks.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    You are a middle aged male that grins from ear to ear when you realize it is cold enough to dress in compression tights! :)
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You hat Friday nights because you can't have wine.