You Know You're a Runner When...

Options
123457»

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Love this!!!

The first question people ask you when you get in to work is how many miles you ran this morning.

Somebody asks me that every day! Today I had to explain taper to justify my lower mileage this week
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Your perfect weather for a run is at least 20 degrees cooler than non-runners find reasonable.

I agree!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    When you head out for a quick run with more accessories than is probably necessary (watch, chest strap, headphones, arm band, phone..."ok gotta sync the HRM, iPod, RunKeeper...GO!") Haha

Haha I was just thinking this today, I had my phone GPS running, spotify, my headphones, water bottle.... and had to start my phone and my fitbit simultaneously. I was like a fast moving radioshack.

I know. I feel guilty at times about this but I've reduced my apparel to a phone in a light running belt and the HRM strap so it's not too bad. I rarely listen to music. Now for the other issue. I want a Garmin but I'll probably still wear the phone around the waist for other reasons. Running Radio Shack is right. LOL

Oh, you know you're a runner when you're looking at other houses and you're worried about where to run around there more than how long it takes you to get to work from the new location.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    ...you're so focused on training for your first marathon that you completely forgot about the half that is coming up tomorrow. And you're trying to figure out how to make it and your 22 mile long (which happens the day after the race) fit together schedule wise.
    True story.

Yikes!

Yikes indeed. Could you just keep on going another 9 after the finish line? :laugh:

Ha ha! Don't laugh. That's not a terrible idea.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Your perfect weather for a run is at least 20 degrees cooler than non-runners find reasonable.

I agree!

Saturday I was in shorts & a tech shirt waving to walkers wearing hats, gloves & heavy jackets. Score.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I agree!

Saturday I was in shorts & a tech shirt waving to walkers wearing hats, gloves & heavy jackets. Score.

Weather in general is different for runners/non-runners:

"Nice warm sunny day" Not for running.
    "You run in the rain!?!" I fantasize about sudden downpours when running
    "What do you do when it's cold" Technical tights and a celebration
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    The sound of dozens of Garmin watches starting lap 1 at a race start line is music to your ears
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Y'all are nutty...and...if I could quote each and every one of the above entries and agree with them, I WOULD! LOL!

For me...

Your running gear takes up an entire section of your closet, is washed separately from all other clothing and is hung to dry so the tech dry finishes don't get ruined. You don't flinch at paying 15 bucks for one pair of socks. If you can get away with 120 bucks for a new pair of shoes, you think you hit the lottery!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...that is awesome!

4. Wear a sportsbra to work because it'll be a faster change after to go running

You just blew my mind! This is the BEST IDEA EVER!! I am totally doing it! LOL :glasses:

Thanks!
  • likitisplit
    Options

4. Wear a sportsbra to work because it'll be a faster change after to go running

You just blew my mind! This is the BEST IDEA EVER!! I am totally doing it! LOL :glasses:

Thanks!

I tried it. The Juno bra has too much coverage for my work necklines.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I keep coming up with more of these.

...rather than attending to a foot injury, you take a picture of it and put it on instagram as a brag.
  • redredy9
    Options

Thanks!

I tried it. The Juno bra has too much coverage for my work necklines.

I am wearing my sports bra at work today! :laugh: hehehehe! :laugh: Scoop neck on dress keeps Moving Comfort Alexis from showing at all! Success :glasses:
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You are a middle aged male that grins from ear to ear when you realize it is cold enough to dress in compression tights! :)

:laugh: :laugh:

Your purse has more of your running supplies than anything else! I always have my headphones, RoadID, Sports Beans, Gatorade Chews, Amphipod with my Epipens, and my phone holder. Just in case!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Yes. I do carry Body Glide in my purse. What of it? Nothing kinky about that.
  • redredy9
    Options
    You don't even hesitate to flirt a cutie while covered in road grime and sweat! :love:
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You've waved/nodded/said hello to more people (as in, other runners during your run!) in a one hour period than you normally would all month
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    You've waved/nodded/said hello to more people (as in, other runners during your run!) in a one hour period than you normally would all month

Yes, yes, 1000 times yes.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You are a middle aged male that grins from ear to ear when you realize it is cold enough to dress in compression tights! :)

Your purse has more of your running supplies than anything else! I always have my headphones, RoadID, Sports Beans, Gatorade Chews, Amphipod with my Epipens, and my phone holder. Just in case!

There is a "gear" bag in the back of your car at all times that holds gels, drinks, extra shoes, headphones, body glide, clothes...etc. Never know when a run may strike!
  • likitisplit
    Options

There is a "gear" bag in the back of your car at all times that holds gels, drinks, extra shoes, headphones, body glide, clothes...etc. Never know when a run may strike!

How do you keep the heat from damaging your shoes?