show us your meals or describe them!!

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    So today was an OMAD day for me...I had a Big Salad with Lettuce, Onions, Cheddar Cheese, Crushed Doritis and Ranch Dressing and I put some of it in a Wrap...Sorry no picture :p

Sounds delicious!!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My Meal for tonight, it's one of my favorites egg scrambled with broccoli cheddar cheese and sausage :)
    zkjk8q3m0cqq.jpg

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    My Meal for tonight, it's one of my favorites egg scrambled with broccoli cheddar cheese and sausage :)
    zkjk8q3m0cqq.jpg

OMG NOM NOM NOM I love all those things! And so satisfying because SO MUCH PROTEIN
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Are most people eating low carb on OMAD? I see low carb stuff or cauliflour made items.. not too many people eat desserts I see. Some of the plates look like they would be less than 1000-1200 cal.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I don't eat low carb, I just eat whatever I feel like at the time of my meal. I don't often have dessert though - but that's just because I'm not really a dessert person. Give me savoury any day!

I should post meals but I never do because 1. I'm too lazy and 2. I can't wait to eat and never remember to photograph meals!

Calorie count of my meals varies from probably around 1000 to 1400/1500 (and higher on the weekends because I drink alcohol then. And eat pizza!). I don't count calories too much now though (see too lazy reference above!). I always eat until I'm full.
  • kokonani
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I don't eat low carb, I just eat whatever I feel like at the time of my meal. I don't often have dessert though - but that's just because I'm not really a dessert person. Give me savoury any day!

I should post meals but I never do because 1. I'm too lazy and 2. I can't wait to eat and never remember to photograph meals!

Calorie count of my meals varies from probably around 1000 to 1400/1500 (and higher on the weekends because I drink alcohol then. And eat pizza!). I don't count calories too much now though (see too lazy reference above!). I always eat until I'm full.

That's fantastic! How has your weight loss been not counting? I hate to count also, but I am kind of used to it from being on keto. I would hate to overeat and gain on OMAD.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    So today was an OMAD day for me...I had a Big Salad with Lettuce, Onions, Cheddar Cheese, Crushed Doritis and Ranch Dressing and I put some of it in a Wrap...Sorry no picture :p

Sounds delicious and your egg scramble looks delicious!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »
    Are most people eating low carb on OMAD? I see low carb stuff or cauliflour made items.. not too many people eat desserts I see. Some of the plates look like they would be less than 1000-1200 cal.

I didn't low carb on OMAD, though some days I was lower in carbs but only because they were foods I wanted. My calories averaged between 1200-1500. I still don't do low carb, but today I ate low carb for dinner, my first meal was super carb heavy though. :)

• minigrrll
    Options
    That's fantastic! How has your weight loss been not counting? I hate to count also, but I am kind of used to it from being on keto. I would hate to overeat and gain on OMAD.

Well, it's not been super fast, but I'm totally OK with that. I started at 200 lbs on 23rd May and I weighed at 185.4 today (I'm just losing the pesky few pounds I gained while camping on the weekend). So that's, what, 15 or so pounds in about 2 months. I'm way more relaxed about the slow weight loss than I would have been on any other diet. I'd much rather feel satisfied every day, be able to eat out without stressing, be able to have a few drinks on the weekend etc. than be losing faster. I'm also 49, so that probably doesn't help the speed of loss!!

For the first time ever I feel that I can do this long term as it just feels so easy/natural for me.

• kokonani
    Options

Well, it's not been super fast, but I'm totally OK with that. I started at 200 lbs on 23rd May and I weighed at 185.4 today (I'm just losing the pesky few pounds I gained while camping on the weekend). So that's, what, 15 or so pounds in about 2 months. I'm way more relaxed about the slow weight loss than I would have been on any other diet. I'd much rather feel satisfied every day, be able to eat out without stressing, be able to have a few drinks on the weekend etc. than be losing faster. I'm also 49, so that probably doesn't help the speed of loss!!

For the first time ever I feel that I can do this long term as it just feels so easy/natural for me.

That's awesome! There is nothing wrong with losing slow. Slow and steady wins the race! Keep up the great work!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Exactly (and I'm pretty sure the scale would have been headed in the opposite direction if I hadn't been doing OMAD and that would have been very bad news.)! Thanks... :)
  • Brendalea69
    edited July 2017
    Options

I did low carb through out my whole weight loss journey and only ate low carb on my OMAD days and on my 1 splurge day I didn't and now that I'm doing Maintenance I still eat low carb on my OMAD days but I have between 3 and 4 Splurge days and I definitely don't eat low carb on those days, I eat whatever I want and that includes pizza, pasta, popcorn and sweets :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options

I eat some form of desert most nights even if it's just some sugar-free Popsicles or a few Starburst however they usually come after I've already taken my picture and eating my main meal so they don't end up in my picture timeline LOL
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    @kokonani I'm not low-carb AT ALL. My meals almost always include beans/bean product, a couple of starches, and a green vegetable. I also always eat something sweet, but it's usually a protein bar. And I always have wine, too. It is dry, so not many carbs, but still. I will say that while I do not count, I will sometimes calculate the occasional meal, and my calories really never seem to go over 1200, so that is that. But I eat what I want and until I am full, and that is what my body seems to like so far. I am not going to worry about calculating anything regularly until I plateau or if my weight spikes up and it's not related to hormones.
  • Brendalea69
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Taco Salad/Wrap with Sour Cream and I ate every single bit :p

pg7hq5bgzw31.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Taco Salad/Wrap with Sour Cream and I ate every single bit :p

pg7hq5bgzw31.jpg

Omg, Brenda, yummmmmmmmm!!!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just ate, but I would still eat that.
  • kokonani
    Options
    I love this Group! I think we are the only group posting photos of meals that look like these..fit for a king!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I love this Group! I think we are the only group posting photos of meals that look like these..fit for a king!

Hahahaha! Everybody else is probably posting pictures of a few dry rice cakes with some canned tuna! Or cottage cheese with pineapple (remember that anybody?!).
  • Brendalea69
    Options

Hahahaha! Everybody else is probably posting pictures of a few dry rice cakes with some canned tuna! Or cottage cheese with pineapple (remember that anybody?!).

OMG that sounds sooo Yucky!!! :D