Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad your risk paid off! I'm pretty old school that way as well.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Killing time here. 4 hours to go til I eat. I'm trying to jump-start my return to keto with an IF program.
    Weight has gone down inch by inch for three days: once again waiting for the thrill of the whoosh and the electric rush of keto energy. I really do love those things, but for the moment I feel that sluggish, tired, whiney carb mindset. Alas.
    I will get past this. Wondering and hoping that this is the time I will reel in success and get to my goal.
    In spite of my current, transient mood, I actually feel good about the upcoming months - even with all the dating and job uncertainties and the scatterbrained way I seem to go about doing things.
    I feel a certain contentment at this time of year, I love the weather and clothing, I love the harvest-like accessing of how far I've come especially during this harvest moon, and recognize that some things are falling into place even though a lot remains unsettled and unknown.
    Travelling and then coming home always helps me put things in perspective and I'm so tuckered out all I can do is "go with the flow and ride with the tide."
    In a few days time I hope to be riding the keto tide for the duration of the season!
    And did I mention Halloween!!!! Can't wait.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar condition @elize7. I've been maintaining for 2 years just outside of onederland. I decided I want to lost the last 15 lbs to my original goal weight and I not finding it easy to kick start the drop. Doing some IF, exercising a bit more and dropping to less than 20 carbs. (If I can control myself.) Good luck!
  • 4031isaiah
    edited September 2017
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Killing time here. 4 hours to go til I eat. I'm trying to jump-start my return to keto with an IF program.
    Weight has gone down inch by inch for three days: once again waiting for the thrill of the whoosh and the electric rush of keto energy. I really do love those things, but for the moment I feel that sluggish, tired, whiney carb mindset. Alas.
    I will get past this. Wondering and hoping that this is the time I will reel in success and get to my goal.
    In spite of my current, transient mood, I actually feel good about the upcoming months - even with all the dating and job uncertainties and the scatterbrained way I seem to go about doing things.
    I feel a certain contentment at this time of year, I love the weather and clothing, I love the harvest-like accessing of how far I've come especially during this harvest moon, and recognize that some things are falling into place even though a lot remains unsettled and unknown.
    Travelling and then coming home always helps me put things in perspective and I'm so tuckered out all I can do is "go with the flow and ride with the tide."
    In a few days time I hope to be riding the keto tide for the duration of the season!
    And did I mention Halloween!!!! Can't wait.

Fall is my favourite time of year as well. My summer bikini body wasn't ready, but my Fall sweater body is on point!

...and FYI, there is a Daily IF check in thread as well. I have tendency to do that wherever I go. Having a consistent place to connect and check-in is a must for me to succeed. Feel free to Jon us.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    I'm in a similar condition @elize7. I've been maintaining for 2 years just outside of onederland. I decided I want to lost the last 15 lbs to my original goal weight and I not finding it easy to kick start the drop. Doing some IF, exercising a bit more and dropping to less than 20 carbs. (If I can control myself.) Good luck!

I'm doing something similar - 0 carb ( mostly only meat) and IF. It made a difference initially but a little slip up with corn on the cob and a Starbucks half sweet pumpkin spice latte set me back a bit.

I'm back on track but it's taken a few days to recover and shed the water retention.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Ohmygoddess I just discovered my new favourite treat!!!

1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk with a couple of drops hazelnut stevia.... Chocolate Hazelnut milk! And only 1 net carb per cup!

Yuuuum!.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    How many actual carbs?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Ohmygoddess I just discovered my new favourite treat!!!

1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk with a couple of drops hazelnut stevia.... Chocolate Hazelnut milk! And only 1 net carb per cup!

Yuuuum!.

I can't imagine what this would be like, but as a former Nutella addict, I think this would be a gateway carb from me! LOL @River_Goddess

4031isaiah wrote: »
    How many actual carbs?

@4031isaiah - That would probably depend on the milk brand you use. Cocoa powder is probably most of the carb source. Hazelnut liquid stevia should not have any carbs.
  • elize7
    Options
    Christie, where is the daily IF check in thread. Can't find it, but would like to join asap!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I don't actually know how to copy a link to a thread in MFP. I somehow managed to copy a link to the group, I think.

Let me know if this works. One you get to the group just look for Daily IF check-in.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • elize7
    Options
    Thanks, I found it. Will check in daily as well!
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hey Friends...my family is off tomorrow to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (amusement park in CA). I have precooked some turkey bacon, packaged almonds, pepperoni, string cheese, LC jerky, etc. If you happen to look at my food dairy tomorrow, don't be alarmed, it will probably be a bit strange. Also with all the walking around I will probably let myself be 400+ calories over for the day.
    One good thing, I am down to 212ish from 264 back in January. I should be able to fit much better on all the rides! Back at 240+ they were a bit tight and uncomfortable. Some of them I did not even try to get on... Might still be a bit tight, but I hope to notice a difference and be a little more confident. Everyone have a great weekend!
  • __Roxy__
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    How many actual carbs?

Only 2 total carbs!! There is 1g fiber in the almond milk.
  • 4031isaiah
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Oh that's tempting! I love hazelnut flavoured anything... not a big fan of stevia, though. I don't like the after taste.
  • __Roxy__
    Options
    I agree. I'm picky about stevia but I found a couple brands that are better than others, and I'm careful to put only a couple drops in. I find with stevia, not enough is better than too much.

Chocolate-hazelnut anything, and caramel-sea salt anything... my faves!!!
  • elize7
    Options
    Life hack: Just came up with a trick for weening myself off artificial sweeteners that seems to be working where all other attempts have failed!!!
    Before I have my coffee with cream, I eat a few grains of himalayan pink salt, then drink the coffee with cream! I think the salt makes it taste less bitter that way and it's helped me cut out at least 12 packets of Equal a day since I drink about 6 cups presently.
    In the spirit of not being extremely restrictive, which can be a problem for me at times, I am going to have a cup after dinner where I may use an Equal packet if I want...and maybe some unsweetened cocoa powder as well.
    I am trying to add a green food item, organic if possible, on most days.
    Time for health to be part of this equation, not just vanity. And as always...baby steps works best for me.
  • elize7
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hey friends. Still fighting the good fight. Right now my struggle is readjusting to keto. I find on an almost hourly basis that I am feverishly wavering between succumbing to a food craving or remaining true to my food plan. Mostly I'm winding up staying true, but what is new for me is the intensity of the struggle. It's wearing me out.
    I've been trying to upgrade the quality of my food choices as well, and that means either I let go of some of what are my regular carb expenditures or else let go of the healthier food choices. For example: choosing a green food over cream or an alcoholic beverage. This is also a stressor for me as routines are really a big source of comfort for me and we all know there isn't much leeway with keto carb numbers. Again, I feel I'm making progress, but it is at the price of even more added stress. I hate all the time that I waste obsessing on food issues...when I know it's not even really the food that is at the core of the matter.
    What's good is that I feel like I'm looking at some of my food disordered eating right in the eye and trying to make positive changes.
    What's bad is that added up all together, my stressors are making me feel like roadkill. Zero energy and still no keto mood enhancement or energy rush. In fact for no real reason, I feel pretty darn blue.

So, I'm hoping that by just plugging away, this phase will pass and that I continue to make progress. (Perfection not required.) It's all really getting to me today. Would like to just go back to bed, but that is not an option.
    Not trying to be a downer, just trying to be real among friends. Can not wait til this mood passes.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    What's bad is that added up all together, my stressors are making me feel like roadkill. Zero energy and still no keto mood enhancement or energy rush. In fact for no real reason, I feel pretty darn blue.

Would a short walk help? Releasing some endorphins may help to counteract those blue.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I second the brisk walk idea though will say I've been in the position where placing one foot in front of the other seems impossible.

I've never come back from a walk and said, "I wish I hadn't done that". Plus, add some good uplifting music and I forgot about food for a while.
  • jdavidcamacho
    jdavidcamacho Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm crazy late to this challenge, but I just found this board. Mind if I join in???