Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    That's so fun! And flattering! Yay you :)
  • __Roxy__
    Options
    I totally ate a whole bag of beef jerky during a movie last night, and not because I was hungry, but because I was feeling slightly down/ emotionally deflated.

It fit into my calories for the day, put me at 22g carbs for the day (no biggie, although I aim for 20) and put me at my protein goal which I rarely meet... but, since it was a comfort thing and not a hunger thing, I felt a bit bummed about it. Like I'd cheated or something, which is not the case at all. Heck even the sodium kick was good for me since I haven't been supplementing it much lately.

Sigh... oh food, why are you so complicated?
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    'cos it nice............????? :)
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    After a good night's sleep, I feel ready to move forward. In an attempt to be nice to myself, I'm not doing a weigh in today. Although I've been on track with macros and cals...I have been numbing out with alcohol, so....water retention! Don't need to see that today!
    Yoga, therapy, dance night. Today will be okay. I have good keto food in-house for a change, so that should help with adherence. Still don't feel hungry, but I do feel ready to move on.
    Open heart, open mind, happy body: nobody gets to take these things away from me.

I love your openness! You’re so in touch with yourself and your feelings. You’ve got this!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    magerchuk wrote: »
    Just wanted to share my small victory this morning...
    After a *kitten* travel day last Tuesday I got home and drank too much wine and a bunch of candies my husband left out. BUT instead of my normal attitude of "well f*%# it I screwed up this week anyway I'll start again later" I threw out the bag of candies ...sorry hunny haha... and kept going with my plan. I obviously finished the bottle of wine tho :blush: .
    This morning I got up and did a keto test and it was a nice pink positive! woohoo!! I have to remind myself that slip-ups don't have to be the end of the world. :smiley:

Exactly! I had a friend who used to say “we all have lapses. The secret is to not let your lapse turn into a col-lapse!”
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to pass out congratulations all around. I maintain that the hardest part of this whole journey is the mental side of it. I'm absolutely thrilled to see so many people tackling it head on and not just sweeping it under the rug. When we face it head on, we improve our own abilities to cope with real life and move on - to successes unimaginable! You ALL inspire me EVERY DAY. (hugs)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was solid! Just luv it when strategies work. Total food compliance...but need to cut back on alcohol in order to see weightloss progress.
    My new dance night group is starting to gel, but is still new enough to have zero drama. Thank god. I really needed a new place to feel at home. This one has real potential. Yesterday I said that I would kill for a couple tried and true friends to hang
    out with...at dance night I mentioned that I missed having that ...and was invited to someone's house for a coffee and crafts morning! The universe mysteriously provides.
    Today is my fun job, and then maybe home projects tonight. Keto food is in the house, and I'm shooting for another solid day.
  • elize7
    Options
    Another home alone day; kind of into it but leary of too much time with my mind roaming at large. Might get a big project underway....like the hall closet, for the sake of distraction.
    Still not hungry at all, so food plan is good. If it wasn't for the alcohol I would be losing poundage for sure; but for the moment it's keeping my anxiety levels manageable. Hope to taper off maybe after I get through this weekend.
    For the same reason, I am giving up my Friday dance night. Nothing lasts forever.
    From now through Jan 2, it's all about this girl and her goals and her happiness. Relationship aspirations are 100% on hold, til after this notoriously volatile holiday season is over.
    I do not intend to spend the next three months feeling bad because I'm single. There are so many facets of life to enjoy besides romance, and I can get back to it after I shore up my own self. This past year I've taken big risks in several areas, and I've also taken big hits at the heart level. I need some peaceful, thoughtful, and creative down time. And yoga...big time.
    So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Nothing like a visit to the dentist and a fear of chewing your tongue into hamburger if you eat to encourage a fast. lol

Ha ha!!
  • elize7
    Options
    Upcoming challenge! Going to see my son in Provincetown. All they do is eat at restaurants and drink alot. This will be difficult. The restaurants I can probably handle, but the drinking and partying....?
    So, my best hope is to make sure there is dancing going on with the drinking!! Maybe burn it off a little quicker. Haha! Oh well, really looking forward to this visit. After that, I'm setting limits on the boozing.
    I want this weight to come off and alcohol absolutely hinders that. That will also be a real challenge as most of my social things have alcohol present.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    yup! Just went to my son's yesterday there was food and drink. I managed pretty well re the food but the prosecco called to me.........quite successfully actually!!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I failed miserably this thanksgiving weekend. Mashed potatoes, stuffing sweet potatoes, hot apple cider and dessert... two days in a row...

I’m back on track today and hoping to undo any damage ASAP.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    I failed miserably this thanksgiving weekend. Mashed potatoes, stuffing sweet potatoes, hot apple cider and dessert... two days in a row...

I’m back on track today and hoping to undo any damage ASAP.

@4031isaiah - in 2015, I took off keto the entire week of American Thanksgiving - and ate whatever I wanted. I gained 10 pounds in that week. Jumped right back on Keto on Monday following, and by the end of that week I had lost 9 of the 10 pounds. Just get right back on plan and you should be golden pretty quickly.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've not met my goal of sticking to keto, but I have lost weight this week! Mainly from stress, but I am still grateful
  • __Roxy__
    Options
    Honestly I'm a little jealous, I stuck to keto through Thanksgiving and still gained 1lb. I wish I'd at least had some potatoes, gravy, and apple pie to show for it :lol:
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Honestly I'm a little jealous, I stuck to keto through Thanksgiving and still gained 1lb. I wish I'd at least had some potatoes, gravy, and apple pie to show for it :lol:

Just don't do it today!!!! :)
  • elize7
    Options
    Not doing well keto wise on this vacay. Made a couple initial keto attempts only to throw in the towel for the duration shortly thereafter. Luckily the duration of this trip is only 3 days, so... another stall, or another pound. Not the end of the world.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Sending hugs, @elize7 ... Remember, in situations like that, just make the better choice. No one can make the best choice all the time! (HUGS)
  • whitneyalvarado
    whitneyalvarado Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m new to Keto, like I’m gonna start after I hit the grocery store. Anyway just looking for support. I’m obsessed with carbs and a little worried about that part. I have some health issues and take steroids which don’t help with the cravings (or the weight gain). Hoping to really make a nice change for my health. My partner is willing to do it too, but works too much, so the responsibility is on me. I have 6 Kids, and a couple picky eaters. Plus I just don’t believe in depriving a child of rice, they are born and raised in Hawaii. I’m small kine worried about having around and not eating it. The good news is I am a stubborn lil thing and I want this. I am so sick of feeling so sick. Any realistic suggestions are welcome, ranging from my diet to incorporating Keto into a regular healthy diet for my kiddos, to Keto for a family of 8, to Keto on a budget. Thanks in advance. ❤️