TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    Thank you so much Belle for the gentle reminder! I needed it!

I can't add my minutes for today into the spreadsheet from my phone. Can someone please add my 125 minutes for today. I might have time when I get home... but I don't want to miss the cutoff time again!

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Star

I will add now, :)

Thank you so much @GrandmaJackie !!! I'm so glad you did that for me because I just got home and would not have been able to add those minutes!!
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sorry team, I did not get in any dedicated minutes today nor did I complete the stairs. Although it doesn't count in the competition, I will complete those darn stairs... just because I always try to complete what I start.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,401 Member
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    I think it's funny that the weekly standings are the same every week with just one exception.... So.... Yep, team Sixpack, it's our turn to mess things up a bit!!

I pledge to put in 2 hours (120 minutes) more then my highest weekly minutes!!! What is everyone else going to pledge???

I pledge to start the challenges early and continue to get my workouts early each day. We can do this!!!!!!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR DESTINATION IS UP AND RUNNING!
    WE ARE OFF TO THE LAND OF SMILES!

:):):)
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I pledge to max out minutes, start challenges early, and help and encourage teammates this week! We can do this! Go Sixpack!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Sixpack!

I am so excited for this week! If there is one part of my body that I neglect to stretch and massage, it's my feet! My husband hates feet and will get violent if someone touches his. :lol: so, I'm excited to give myself some good foot massages this week! :smile:

I also plan on doing all of those fun videos throughout the week! The kickboxing ones and the other ones. I know it's not required for the challenge, but I thought it would be fun! Plus, kickboxing is one of my favorite exercises that I haven't done in awhile.

I'll have to think of the food I'm afraid to try mostly because I try everything at least once when it comes to food. Any suggestions of food y'all are afraid of will help me brainstorm!

Happy Monday, Sixpack!
    Let's make it awesome!!!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good Morning Team <3

Great Results on our last leg of the race.. were going to keep plugging away. ( we are so close in mins/miles)

Your welcome @starjam25, our captain @jdelaroy gets the credit with her reminder.

I pledge to do at least 60mins more than my highest mins/miles. Nope 120!

@TrkyVic0327 I am excited for this week also.. I can't think of a food also .. its early. I am going to try googling most disliked foods .. :) Yes we can share maybe it will help!

Good Luck .. we can be victorious!!!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Chocolate covered ants! ha-ha.

Oysters
    Sardines
    Turnips
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    Chocolate covered ants! ha-ha.

Oysters
    Sardines
    Turnips

Good suggestions! I've tried them all and liked them! Lol! I actually love sardines and turnips! :lol:

I'm going to have to dig deep. I'm sure mine will end up being something super spicy since I tend to gravitate away from that kind of food overall.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Morning team. Great job last week. I have been taken I'll with a cold. I took the day off of work and plan on taking it easy. Hopefully lots of sleep. I haven't even looked at this week's challenge. I will check it out later today. I will try and do at least 1 hour of walking every day. Except today.

Candacel50 was replaced this week. Unfortunately I can't remember the replacement person's name right off hand. Please give them a warm welcome. Damn colds make my brain shut down.

Race on team Sixpack!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    I'm sorry you're not feeling well @jdelaroy :disappointed: Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    First chance I have had to pop in and look at this week's destination - so thrilled! I was lucky enough to visit Thailand way back in 1999 on a workplace incentive - a few days in S Thailand at Pattaya, a couple of days on Bangkok and a week in N Thailand just outside of Chiang Rai at Chiang Mai - and I loved every minute of it.

Challenges have made me smile - think it will be option 3 (the 3 videos x 2) for challenge 1. Challenge 2 will be a laugh - I will have to see if I can get my foot up far enough ha ha and when I saw those bugs I thought no way - but gladly we don't have to, so will put my thinking cap on to see what I will decide on.

Good luck Sixpack - it's time to move up the ranks!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Talked to my husband about challenge 3, and he said we will make a trip to Jungle Jim's (a huge international food market) this week and buy some Bugs to eat! So, I guess I will be trying bugs this week! Ahhh!
  • starjam25
    Options
    Rachelerik wrote: »
    Sorry team, I did not get in any dedicated minutes today nor did I complete the stairs. Although it doesn't count in the competition, I will complete those darn stairs... just because I always try to complete what I start.

@rachelerik sometimes it's hard to get the challenges done... darn life sometimes just gets in the way of us getting healthy. Since there are no do-overs in life, all we can do is do better next time! And good luck getting those stairs done.... they were definitely a challenge!! Have a great week!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Welcome to Team Six, affectionately named the Sixpack, to @ghizon ? I think! I think this is the new person on our team! Lol! :lol: If this is you, don't be afraid to say "hi!" If it's not you, then I deeply apologize to ghizon for not noticing you on the spreadsheet before today.
  • starjam25
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I pledge to max out minutes, start challenges early, and help and encourage teammates this week! We can do this! Go Sixpack!

@trkyvic0327 LOVE LOVE LOVE this pledge! Your goal to start challenges early is a huge goal and one I really need to to work on also. With that said, tonight I'm gonna tackle my first video and not wait until later in the week!

I used to watch Survivor... and the challenges they had that I said I couldn't do is eating the bugs! Looking forward to hearing what bugs you ended up with and how they tasted. You're a brave woman.....
  • starjam25
    Options
    Sorry you're not feeling well @jdelaroy, please do take it easy and get lots of rest! Good night <3
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Okay, so some suggestions from my mom that aren't bugs, lol, that apparently I hated as a child for others to try are:
    Brussels sprouts
    Liver and onions
    Gizzards
    And rye bread

For the record, I still hate rye bread and liver and onions. But, I don't think I could talk my hubby out of buying bugs now. He's so excited! Lol! :lol: I will definitely share what I end up trying with y'all! Maybe even a reaction picture? That would be fun for all of us to do! If you want, that is, take a photo of yourself (or several) while eating your less than desirable food this week! I'm in, and I am totally eating bugs! :anguished:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,401 Member
    Options
    ghizon wrote: »
    Hello team six, I'm the new player in this team. My name is Ghalia, I live in Orland Park, IL. I'm 34 years old. This is my first time doing this challenge and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm a stay at home mom to my almost 4 years old twins. My time revolve around them. I'm trying to loose 40 lbs and get fit. I enjoy walking and dancing. I'm excited to play with you and get to know you.
    @TrkyVic0327 Thank you.
    ghizon wrote: »
    Hello team six, I'm the new player in this team. My name is Ghalia, I live in Orland Park, IL. I'm 34 years old. This is my first time doing this challenge and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm a stay at home mom to my almost 4 years old twins. My time revolve around them. I'm trying to loose 40 lbs and get fit. I enjoy walking and dancing. I'm excited to play with you and get to know you.
    @TrkyVic0327 Thank you.

Just a quick hello to our new team mate, welcome to Team Sixpack. This morning start crazy since I woke up late, :# . I still have errands to do but decided to at least get a walk in on the treadmill for now. I stopped at our local bakery, good thing we have a deep freezer, lol.

Btw, Vicki (aka) energize bunny, lol. It's totally cool, your whole family is involved in your journey on MFP. I'm going to have to think about a new food to try. The videos, I'm planning for tomorrow though plus I'm also looking forward to the foot messages.