TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Okay, so it looks like with my hubby's work schedule changing, we won't have a chance to go all the way to Jungle Jims and buy bugs for me to eat. We're going to go to a local store tonight and see what we can find. Nothing has the same fear factor as bugs though! And I'm trying to stay away from spicy, just because I know it will make me sick. I really want to finish out this week strong and not be sick for days. So, I'll let you know what we find! Maybe a sushi that I haven't tried? I've had some, but there's some I have been afraid to try. I'll find something and try not to be too bummed about not trying the insects! Lol! :lol:

Let's go, Sixpack! Way to keep movin' and groovin'!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    Hello Sixpack.

I hate to have to say this. Yesterday I had to have an emergency surgery and will not be able to do any kind of physical activity for the next six weeks. I have requested Mission enforcer replace me on the team. I did offer to stay on as a Captain or co captain. Either way, I will be cheering you guys on.

Also, there was a mistake with the numbers transferring over. 30 points were missed. ME should be correcting it.

I love all the plans you guys have for increasing minutes, and getting challenges done.

I am so sorry! I hope you are OK and heal quickly.

Challenge #3

1. WHAT YOU TRIED - Chorizo sausage

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE - it was in a dish so it wasn't overwhelming. It have my meal some flavor but not something I will go out of my way to purchase.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes. I am very sore, but am able to stand and walk, slowly. So slow, my fitbit isn't counting my steps or stairs.

You guys are doing awesome. :)
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Just finished the feet videos. The last three were rather short compared to the first one. :smile: Thoroughly enjoyed it and grossed out my daughter at the same time! Lol! :lol:

I might not get to the kickboxing videos until tomorrow or Friday, because we are going to be walking as a family outside this afternoon! I'm so excited to get outdoors and really stretch my legs. Lately, the walking has all been indoors or treadmill. Looking forward to breathing some fresh air while getting some miles in!

Happy Wednesday, Sixpack! Hope you are having a great day!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,309 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes. I am very sore, but am able to stand and walk, slowly. So slow, my fitbit isn't counting my steps or stairs.

You guys are doing awesome. :)

I am glad you are feeling better! Take it easy and don't overdo it! Just give yourself enough time to get better... We all are cheering you on. <3
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,391 Member
    Options
    Just finished the feet videos. The last three were rather short compared to the first one. :smile: Thoroughly enjoyed it and grossed out my daughter at the same time! Lol! :lol:

I might not get to the kickboxing videos until tomorrow or Friday, because we are going to be walking as a family outside this afternoon! I'm so excited to get outdoors and really stretch my legs. Lately, the walking has all been indoors or treadmill. Looking forward to breathing some fresh air while getting some miles in!

Happy Wednesday, Sixpack! Hope you are having a great day!

Vicki, go enjoy the outside, the last two days was fablous, with lots of sun, here. So I was able to get out too. Today, it's been raining, thinking the sky opened up. So after lunch going to get the feet videos completed:)

Just checked, we're in second. Excellent job everyone getting your workouts in!!!!!!!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Hi Team :)

I did 113 mins in the yard today, shoveling, raking and mowing.

Third Challenge I bought smoked oysters in the can .. Today I opened the can and they looked disquisting and tasted strong! I ate eight .. mostly with cream cheese and tricuits , which covered them up. Its been 20+ years since I tried them last. I think this will be my last try.

I will update my miles/ mins in a bit and plan on doing the KB and footie videos tomorrow!

Keep er going team! <3
  • azsundancer
    Options

Just checked, we're in second. Excellent job everyone getting your workouts in!!!!!!!

Yayyyy.. I just looked , hoping I had yet to add my last 3 days and I hadnt, 284 + the 3rd challenge points , 5? :)

Maybe we can inch our way into 1st!?!?!

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing me. Fantastic job!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,391 Member
    Options
    Everyone TRY to get the challenges complete, we can do this! It's still early, let's upset the standings this week!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Going to do the kickboxing videos tomorrow. We got in a huge, nice walk and I did some Yoga and stretching this evening. Hubby bought me some massage rollers for my body and feet so that I can really work out those sore muscles. Guys, if you have never had a massage roller, get one! It is a life changer for me! I was able to walk farther and longer than I have in the last 6 months today, and my feet are not completely shot and my body feels ready to relax tonight and get back at it tomorrow. Normally, I'd probably be too sore. And it was like $12 on Amazon. Definitely worth it.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, but I also bought my food I'm afraid to try tonight and will eat tomorrow. It ended up being Anchovies with chili peppers. I've never had them before. Are you supposed to cook them before eating?

Let's keep killing it, Sixpack! Get in those challenges! Max out those minutes, if you can! We can have our best week yet! :smiley::sweat_smile:
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    i did kickboxing last night and reflexology after- it did feel good. I will eat a sushi at the Red Bento on Friday for dinner. It is my valentines dinner. My husband and I had conflicting meetings all week. Monday and weds my meetings and tues and thurs Mark.... Fun stuff.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'LL BE UPDATING THE WEIGHT-LOSS LEADER SHEET TOMORROW EVENING (THURSDAY).
    BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR WEIGHT, IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THE CHALLENGE!
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    As of right now... 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are within 20 minutes of each other! come one SixPackers!!! Dig just a little bit more!!!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Good Morning Team :)

I was looking at the spreadsheet, just for a heads up.. not singling anyone out except... your spots on the spreadsheet are blank.

@LongaVitaSana
    @Marlymama
    @Rachelerik
    @Tiffany7711

Please ~ please fill in your blanks.. we would love to make a great showing this week! Thank you :)
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    For the food challenge, I'm going to eat some shrimp. I have eaten shrimp before and did not like it. I don't like its texture. Also I got a star fruit, I have never had it before, but since it's a fruit it is mostly going to taste good. Anyways I'll eat shrimp today, and the fruit tomorrow. I bought some shrimp ceviche salad this morning for lunch. Will let you know how things go.
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So, the food I've been not willing to try is sushi. (Challenge 3)

On valentines day we went to our favorite restaurant, and although I ordered my usual dinner, I did try a piece of my husband's sushi. Yuck! Why would any one eat a big piece of raw fish?! Honestly, the California roll wasn't horrible because it has rice and stuff all around it, but the actual piece of true sushi will never pass these lips again.
  • Rachelerik
    Options
    @jdelaroy - So sorry to hear about the surgery. Please listen to your dr and rest. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Rachelerik
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Challenge 1: Kickboxing. Wow, am I uncoordinated! The videos were fun and challenging. Several times I replayed portions to be sure I knew what the steps (moves), etc were. I think I'll stick to zumba.