TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My husband loved Challenge 2! We did this on valentine's day... he thanks the creators of this challenge.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Right foot reflexology done and challenge 1 videos completed three times over.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,297 Member
    Options
    Rachelerik wrote: »
    Challenge 1: Kickboxing. Wow, am I uncoordinated! The videos were fun and challenging. Several times I replayed portions to be sure I knew what the steps (moves), etc were. I think I'll stick to zumba.

I can't imagine anybody being able to do zumba to be uncoordinated...
    But I am glad I am not the only one trying to keep up with it (although with zumba it is the same, I am always one or several moves behind).

Food challenge:
    I tried some Brussel's sprout. I hated the as a kid, but now I think they are not so bad. Still not my favorite vegetable, but really quite okay. Perhaps because they were a bit roasted and not only cooked? I'll have to prepare them myself sometime (had them at a restaurant this week).

All challenges done, yeah!

I'll be away for the weekend, and probably without internet most of the time. So if I don't check in anymore this week, please don't kick me out. ;)
    If it is possible, I'll post my minutes here in the thread and ask that someone enters them into the spreadsheet.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,374 Member
    Options
    Maalea wrote: »
    Rachelerik wrote: »
    Challenge 1: Kickboxing. Wow, am I uncoordinated! The videos were fun and challenging. Several times I replayed portions to be sure I knew what the steps (moves), etc were. I think I'll stick to zumba.

I can't imagine anybody being able to do zumba to be uncoordinated...
    But I am glad I am not the only one trying to keep up with it (although with zumba it is the same, I am always one or several moves behind).

Food challenge:
    I tried some Brussel's sprout. I hated the as a kid, but now I think they are not so bad. Still not my favorite vegetable, but really quite okay. Perhaps because they were a bit roasted and not only cooked? I'll have to prepare them myself sometime (had them at a restaurant this week).

All challenges done, yeah!

I'll be away for the weekend, and probably without internet most of the time. So if I don't check in anymore this week, please don't kick me out. ;)
    If it is possible, I'll post my minutes here in the thread and ask that someone enters them into the spreadsheet.

Enjoy your weekend, we will definitely post your mins. Honey, we might be a wild bunch, your stuck with us, :);):)
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3: Completed! @MissionEnforcer

1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Anchovy Fillets with red peppers

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: I have always wondered if I would like anchovies, because I like a lot of seafood, even sardines. But, these tasted nothing like sardines! Very gross, smelled like dog food, and was very salty and has stayed with me all day. I can't get the taste out of my mouth or my burps! Lol! :lol:
    ih5vt2dutwrk.jpg
    kswiw3u2b6je.jpg
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Today for Challenge 1 I did Jessia Smith Cardio Kickboxing Abs 30 mins, Challenge 2 The 1st reflexology on both feet, 20 mins and yardwork, 45 mins.

I need to work on the remaining Challenge 2 videos.
  • azsundancer
    Options

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: I have always wondered if I would like anchovies, because I like a lot of seafood, even sardines. But, these tasted nothing like sardines! Very gross, smelled like dog food, and was very salty and has stayed with me all day. I can't get the taste out of my mouth or my burps! Lol! :lol:
    ih5vt2dutwrk.jpg
    kswiw3u2b6je.jpg

I think they look almost worse than the oysters I ate. Good job!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options

ih5vt2dutwrk.jpg
    kswiw3u2b6je.jpg

Girlfriend, your you get the medal for being the all time team player, goooo girlfriend!!!!!!
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3 completed.

I tried shrimp. I have tried it before, but did not like it.

My experience was not so great. I did not like the taste and the texture. I don't like to eat it again.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @LongaVitaSana
    @Tiffany7711

Everyone is getting the job done! We can do this guys, only down to a couple that haven't posted yet. Plus, @statjam25 and @TrkyVic327, both of you are within getting max minutes :)<3:)

Go Team Sixpack
    px2cfwf078p8.jpg

• TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Yes, Ma'am! I definitely am planning on maxing the minutes and finishing the videos Fri-Sun. Hopefully, before Sunday.

There's still time to finish the challenges, Everyone! Is anyone having problems accessing the videos for challenge 2? I know last week a few people did have problems. You can search the videos on YouTube outside of your phone(I use my tv that has a YouTube app on it) if that's the case. I usually just search whatever the first few words of the video are and then look for the same picture at the beginning from the videos on the challenge.

If anyone needs help with any of the challenges, don't hesitate to ask. That's what the team is here for, to help each other.

Well, goodnight Sixpack! I hope you rocked your Thursday! And if you didn't don't' forget: 0qeu80z0thai.png
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3 - I tried cauliflower. I'm not very good with vegetables and only like a few but thought if I tried cauliflower cheese I might be able to convert myself (I love cheese!).

But no, it didn't work - the smell of the cauliflower was enough to put me off, but I still tried to eat it - will definitely not be having this again!
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Challenge 3 - I tried cauliflower. I'm not very good with vegetables and only like a few but thought if I tried cauliflower cheese I might be able to convert myself (I love cheese!).

But no, it didn't work - the smell of the cauliflower was enough to put me off, but I still tried to eat it - will definitely not be having this again!

I love raw cauliflower, but can't stand the smell or taste of it cooked. My family likes it cooked with creamed havarti or mozzarella, however, they won't set it raw.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Deep fried pig's ears, with fresh lime juice drizzled on them.

I don't eat pork, and I rarely eat deep fried anything other than onion rings. They were heavily salted, had a nice golden brown color, and were very crisp. Had the first one, and thought ok, this is an ear. Had the second one, and thought, well, not really my thing, but the spices are nice. Took a bite of the third, said I can't do this, put it down and pushed the plate away, and gargled with the red zin. The wine, by the way, was delicious :)
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    My favorite way to eat cauliflower is as cauliflower mash. I cook it, put it in food processor or blender and add butter and milk like I would mashed potatoes. Except less because it doesn't need as much to taste good. My daughter also likes roasted garlic seasoning added to hers. She hates cauliflower any other way, but gobbles up the mash like it's chocolate! Lol! :lol:
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Happy Friday Team :)

I will be out of town today .. in the truck most of the day. I will be back at it tomorrow.

• TrkyVic0327
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »

I will be out of town today .. in the truck most of the day. I will be back at it tomorrow.

Have a safe trip!

• azsundancer
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »

Have a safe trip!

Thank you!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Finished the first kick boxing video. It was okay. She went quickly, but I just did my own pace making sure to do the moves properly for my fitness/flexibility level. Going to do the dance ones later with the munchkin during breaks from school. At least, I hope she'll do them with me! :smile:

Hope your Friday is going well! Let's finish those challenges and rack up those minutes! All for the betterment of our health and well being, of course! :smile: and maybe also to rock the boat that is the rut of the standings every week! :wink: Go Sixpack!!!!
  • TrkyVic0327
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Some encouragement for today!
    9a0i6q7ir3hs.jpg