TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3: Completed! @MissionEnforcer

1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Purple Sweet Potato

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: I love potatoes but can't stand yams or sweet potatoes, so I thought I'd go way over to the other end. I baked them in carrots and garlic and bacon (hoping to make them taste better) Well.... the bacon was delicious but the sweet potato still didn't do a thing for me. Bottom line, I just don't like the taste of them. But it was good to try them again!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,374 Member
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    Happy Friday Team :)

I will be out of town today .. in the truck most of the day. I will be back at it tomorrow.

Have a safe trip, :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited February 2017
    Options
    :)
  • starjam25
    Options
    Deep fried pig's ears, with fresh lime juice drizzled on them.

I don't eat pork, and I rarely eat deep fried anything other than onion rings. They were heavily salted, had a nice golden brown color, and were very crisp. Had the first one, and thought ok, this is an ear. Had the second one, and thought, well, not really my thing, but the spices are nice. Took a bite of the third, said I can't do this, put it down and pushed the plate away, and gargled with the red zin. The wine, by the way, was delicious :)

@SweatsOnSunday you are a brave woman.... I can't imagine fried pigs ears.... Thanks for giving them a go for the team!!
  • starjam25
    Options
    Some encouragement for today!
    9a0i6q7ir3hs.jpg

@trkyvic0327 thanks for that, it's words to live by!
  • starjam25
    Options
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Challenge 3 - I tried cauliflower. I'm not very good with vegetables and only like a few but thought if I tried cauliflower cheese I might be able to convert myself (I love cheese!).

But no, it didn't work - the smell of the cauliflower was enough to put me off, but I still tried to eat it - will definitely not be having this again!

@rigibann the only way I can eat cauliflower is mixed with mashed potatoes, otherwise, I'm with you, especially the smell. It's hard to get past that alone!
  • starjam25
    Options
    Rachelerik wrote: »
    My husband loved Challenge 2! We did this on valentine's day... he thanks the creators of this challenge.

@rachelerik I love that your husband is enjoying the challenges!!! Always makes such a huge difference when you get not only support, but encouragement!
  • starjam25
    Options
    I did the first half of the kickboxing video... and I was exhausted after the warm-up! My form wasn't as pretty as her's but I kept moving!!! Will finish the rest tomorrow.. after my arms are no longer jello!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options

I will be out of town today .. in the truck most of the day. I will be back at it tomorrow.

Thank you ..we had a great day , but ran over a weird piece of metal that stuck in one of our tires and when flat as a pancake. With the help of kind stranger my DH and I were able to get the spare on . We are thankful to be home safe and sound!! There is never a good place to get a flat.. pretty scary.

I hope everyone hade a wonderful day!

Back at it tomorrow.
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Got my walk in this morning before the wind and rain hit. We've had a couple of flood warnings...

Happy weekend everyone!
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    Got my walk in this morning before the wind and rain hit. We've had a couple of flood warnings...

Happy weekend everyone!

Hope you stay safe through the flood warnings!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited February 2017
    Options

Thank you ..we had a great day , but ran over a weird piece of metal that stuck in one of our tires and when flat as a pancake. With the help of kind stranger my DH and I were able to get the spare on . We are thankful to be home safe and sound!! There is never a good place to get a flat.. pretty scary.

I hope everyone hade a wonderful day!

Back at it tomorrow.

Ohh noooo, glad there was someone kind to help, wow!!!!!!!

Happy weekend everyone!

Nice job getting your walk in, :)
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    I am going to max out points tonight hopefully. The spreadsheet has been weird lately for me. Sometimes not showing the correct total of my exercise minutes, even though they are in fact all there so far. So, I'm hoping on Sunday night everything is showing up correctly. I am trying to max out points for another challenge, so going to do another hour and a half tonight before bed. Thankful for yoga! Hope your Friday has been awesome!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Glad you made it home safely, @BeLLe_60 sorry you had a flat.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    <<~~~hopefully I can get the strength video in tonight and a yoga session, :).

Go Vicki, goo!
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I finished the foot massage today. I did the first video yesterday twice, and just finished the rest today for both feet. It does feel relaxing, but wonder if there is any scientific proof of its main principle.

I have a question please. I walked on the treadmill for 52 minutes. Then walked with the kids to the park and spent about an hour there. Do I count the time spent in the park as exercise minutes? I usually don't sit on a bench there and stay on my feet helping the kids and taking care of them.

Hopefully tomorrow I will do the kickboxing video.

Good night everyone
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    ghizon wrote: »
    I finished the foot massage today. I did the first video yesterday twice, and just finished the rest today for both feet. It does feel relaxing, but wonder if there is any scientific proof of its main principle.

I have a question please. I walked on the treadmill for 52 minutes. Then walked with the kids to the park and spent about an hour there. Do I count the time spent in the park as exercise minutes? I usually don't sit on a bench there and stay on my feet helping the kids and taking care of them.

Hopefully tomorrow I will do the kickboxing video.

Good night everyone

I would definitely since you not sitting, it's part of exercising. When I take my grandkids to the park, I'm chasing them, so I count those minutes!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    I agree! Definitely count it! It is an exercise to play with kids. They keep us active and give us a workout.
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Finished the challenges and maxed out on minutes! Just need to stay active for other challenges and to cheer on our Sixpack! We are doing so well this week!

Only 5 points ahead though from team 5, so don't forget to log all the hard work you've done in before Sunday 9pm PST! We can do this!!! Let's go Sixpack!!! :smiley:
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited February 2017
    Options
    k2dsomd6vydb.jpg

This is what I look like exercising lol.