Options
    THE DESTINATION FOR WEEK EIGHT
    IS UP AND RUNNING!
    ERIN GO BRAGH!
    :)
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I love this week's race.....Ireland is so pretty...
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1
    I chose the 10.49mi Iditarod Challenge from Week 6 (Alaska).
    I chose this challenge because during week 6 I accomplished the 2.5k and 5k Frostbite runs, but was unable to get this one done. I did the challenge in three separate sections calculated by my Fitbit:
    65min walk (5.07km)-467cals
    79min walk (5.59km)-522cals
    95min walk (7.39km)-698cals
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1 complete
    I chose the 30 min kickboxing video (jessica smith) from Week 4 in Thailand. I did this last night, as I love Jessica Smith, and I really enjoy kickboxing! It was a kicker! Ha! Ha!

Have a good day everyone!
  • enuf2
    Options
    Way to go on that Iditarod 10k yesterday, @alipsie19!
  • alipsie19
    Options
    enuf200 wrote: »
    Way to go on that Iditarod 10k yesterday, @alipsie19!

Thanks! It was a really slow day yesterday. :smile:
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Challenge #2
    I chose the 1332 stair Sydney Bridge Climb from Week 3 (Australia). I chose this challenge because it was the hardest to achieve physically. I used my Fitbit to calculate the stairs. It equates 12 stairs to a flight. Unfortunately, it does not count descending so this was all done ascending.
    49min stair climbing (3.63km/115 flights/1,380 stairs)-448cals
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Wow @alipsie19 You're off to a flying start as usual! I have to start with the challenges tmrw. Been a really slow week so far in terms of exercise.
  • enuf2
    Options
    Challenge #3 Complete!
    Over the last two days, I've had a granny smith apple, cucumbers, pickles, edamame beans and broccoli.
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3 complete
    I love green vegetables! I ate cucumbers, spinach, kale, zucchini and lettuce.

Challenge #1
    I chose the Iditarod Challenge from Week 6 (Alaska).
    I chose this challenge because it's beautiful weather here and I can run again! I ran a 5k outside. I'll most likely be at the 10.49 mile Iditarod before the week is over.
  • Run4theluvofit
    Run4theluvofit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1: Completed

I chose to do the 5K Frostbite Footrace from week 6's travel to Alaska.
    I chose this race again because I love to run, and today was a beautiful day to run with my daughter on the Snake River Canyon Rim Trail.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hello team.. sorry for being mia... just starting to be able to move without a coughing fit. Not sure how much exercise i can do before a fit but we are going to try to get some minutes this week to finish strong even with bronchitis! We had a storm come through and even with missing the snow.. freezing rain and an ice storm this morning along with no school delay made for a bad day. We had 11 trees down on the road to clear to get out...took my kid to school late. Came home n was here for 30 minutes and my other kiddo tried to leave.. no luck.. tree down. Ended up 5 more. So after helping with some ice covered branches while watching for more fallers, once the tractor arrived i went and got my kiddo from school as i wasnt sure if we would get the road clear again soon. Not the best day by far but got about 20 min in total walking moving stuff. Then came in to try to cough the cold air away which didnt work too well!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3
    My green vegetables were lettuce, broccoli, celery and peas.
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey all,

Finally back from our marvelous camping trip! We got in late Monday evening, which made going to work on Tuesday quite the struggle. I'm so glad we came back to warm weather...I was afraid we'd leave 70 degrees and come back to snow.

We did. so. much. hiking. It was fabulous. My fitbit says we walked about 11 miles and climbed 86 floors on Monday, haha.

I suppose that also means I completed Challenge #1 from week 6. Woot
  • alipsie19
    Options
    PompPanda wrote: »
    Hey all,

Finally back from our marvelous camping trip! We got in late Monday evening, which made going to work on Tuesday quite the struggle. I'm so glad we came back to warm weather...I was afraid we'd leave 70 degrees and come back to snow.

We did. so. much. hiking. It was fabulous. My fitbit says we walked about 11 miles and climbed 86 floors on Monday, haha.

I suppose that also means I completed Challenge #1 from week 6. Woot

Sounds like fun!! :smile:
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    alipsie19 wrote: »
    Challenge #2
    I chose the 1332 stair Sydney Bridge Climb from Week 3 (Australia). I chose this challenge because it was the hardest to achieve physically. I used my Fitbit to calculate the stairs. It equates 12 stairs to a flight. Unfortunately, it does not count descending so this was all done ascending. 49min stair climbing (3.63km/115 flights/1,380 stairs)-448cals
    This is actually a Challenge #1 from Week 3. You need to complete a Challenge #2 from one of the weeks to receive credit.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    @PompPanda: Please see the directions regarding the correct way of posting the challenges in order to receive credit.
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3
    Complete

I decided I was just going to eat normal and see how many green veggies I would eat without trying. Well I successfully finished today.

Brussel sproats, lettuce, brocilli, soy beans, sugar snap peas, green pepper and avocado.
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Challenge #2 from week #2
    RANDONNEE ON REUNION!” (5 km outside)
    I'm so happy there were two outside running challenges. Today I did 3 miles walking/running in the morning and then another 4 miles hiking in Yellowfork Canyon. I'm loving that the weather is warming up and my knee is healing at the same time!
  • enuf2
    Options
    I'm so jealous of all of you who are enjoying warmer weather! It's kinda-sorta starting to warm up here, but lots of snow and ice on the ground still. :s