TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    shauna30 wrote: »
    I'm watching my daughter at gymnastics practice and their conditioning today includes a burpee that I could NEVER do. When they stand to jump up, they go directly into a back flip. I can't even handle a regular burpee!

I was a gymnast as a kid, and I can't even believe some of the conditioning we used to do (or that I was able to do it). One of my coach's favorites was handstand push-ups. Nowadays, I can barely do regular push ups!
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,165 Member
    Options
    samra338 wrote: »
    Welcome @stk76!

Team! Please check out the Jessica Smith video for the second challenge. It's a really great workout for sore muscles. I felt so good while doing it and it's going in my 'favourites' list.

Wait wait wait... "in my 'favourites' list'? That's a thing?! You must share this common knowledge with my non tech savvy self. :)
    Please.

• alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    9 March
    20min Foam Rolling & Stretching
    16min Calisthenics
    -4x :30 Elbow planks
    -30 day AB challenge
    -30 day March Madness challenge
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)

During the day:
    51min walk (3km) @ 368cals
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Dictorbutt wrote: »
    samra338 wrote: »
    Welcome @stk76!

Team! Please check out the Jessica Smith video for the second challenge. It's a really great workout for sore muscles. I felt so good while doing it and it's going in my 'favourites' list.

Wait wait wait... "in my 'favourites' list'? That's a thing?! You must share this common knowledge with my non tech savvy self. :)
    Please.

Ha ha @Dictorbutt I have created a favourite workouts folder in YouTube and any video I really like, I save it to the folder for future reference.
  • Run4theluvofit
    Run4theluvofit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I made a mango/peach ginger kale smoothie.
    We use ginger in a lot of our foods and I wanted to try it with a smoothie.
    It was very tasty and very healthy, 117 calories and other good stuff, PLUS ginger is good for nausea and upset tummies!!!
  • Run4theluvofit
    Run4theluvofit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I will apologize for my absence in exercise minutes the latter part of this week. I was doing dishes the other night and broke a glass in my hand and sliced my finger. Spent 3 hours in the ER, needed 5 stitches, and a tetanus shot to boot :( Not that I can't exercise, I just haven't been able to hold any weights, and when I tried to run all the blood made my finger swell and it was painfully uncomfortable. I will give it a go this weekend and see how it goes.
  • Loribh0126
    Loribh0126 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA. My oldest is home from college for Spring Break this week. Hoping not to be MIA next week when my youngest is on break.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3 complete
    I made a chilli using ground turkey with thyme for supper last night. It was good, but I kept thinking I should have made rice with it, as it seemed to me to be more like a pasta sauce with beans. LOL! My Kids loved it.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    There. I feel like I am back to me again. LOL! I just completed challenge 1 and 2 this morning, along with some strength training. I did the 1st video for the reggae workout. Man - I've lost my groove! LOL, it wasn't pretty!
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Oh no @Run4theluvofit! I hope you're okay!

Managed to squeeze in some time for the videos the past few days, and then woke up this morning super motivated for a hike. It's been so warm and lovely the past few days here!

For challenge #3 I decided to spice up my oatmeal the way I used to do with malt-o-meal. I added cinnamon, nutmeg, and a but of vanilla. It was actually rather tasty, haha. Good way to alleviate the boredom of oatmeal.

I'm going on a very short camping trip today, which will include hiking, so I hope to be able to update my time tomorrow if I have service.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge #3
    I made curry goat and rice today I used scotch bonnet for that added spice, an ingredient used often in my household. I heard that spices help you to lose weight. The food was really nice and a lot of health benefits.

@MissionEnforcer
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Had a busy week will update later today. Have a great Sunday everyone and welcome to our newest teammates
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3

Used 4. allspice
    Made Chili meat balls , yummy receptor from my omi. My husband loves the flavor of the sauce and the kids love the meatballs. Win win!
  • magslante
    magslante Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3
    We made an delicious Asian fish recipe for dinner last night using freshly grated ginger. I love the smell of ginger, and it adds a little bit of spice to the dish.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3:
    I made boneless skinless chicken breasts seasoned with thyme, rosemary, and turmeric simmered with quinoa. It was very tasty! As a side, I made spaghetti squash and seasoned it with nutmeg and cinnamon. I usually use spaghetti squash in savory recipes, so it was very different for me. Not bad, but I think a slightly sweeter squash like acorn or butternut would have worked better for that dish.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,165 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3

I used fresh ginger in a recovery drink (juiced from fresh fruits and veggies).
    The juice was delicious!!! This is a new thing for me. I actually found a recipe fir Jamaican Jerk chicken that might have all the ingredients listed. But, that's tonight, after you are all sleeping. lol The gingered juice will have to suffice for now.
  • sth76
    sth76 Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm a new member here!
    @MissionEnforcer

Challenge 3. Cooked chicken with thyme and brown rice. Family loved the chicken and only one complained about brown rice instead of white.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Challenge #3
    I had sushi tonight for dinner. One of the things served with it are small slices of ginger. It is used to clear your palette prior to trying a different type of sushi. I've had it before when I lived in Okinawa. It's actually pretty good.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @sth76 Welcome to the team!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    zyjfap2r6g09.jpg