TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3
    I made ginger tea.
    I usually have plain milk in the evening but decided to make ginger tea as it was the only spice I had (from the given list). I steeped in some freshly grated ginger with a teabag for five minutes, filtered it and added milk. Although I normally don't drink it with sugar, I added a bit of sugar to balance the ginger taste and it was just perfect! I found online that it's good for digestion and helps with cough and cold symptoms and I did find it soothing to my throat and I liked the flavour. I might try it now and then as a change from plain milk.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Sorry team... my plan was to hit this week hard. Well instead life hit me hard. Woke up really achy n not feeling well yesterday.. tried to lie to myself but today proved it. middle ear infection and bronchitis are the diagnosis after feeling really bad and going to doctor per my hubby insistance. thankfully i was at the doc when my bp dropped super low so iv and fluids were my afternoon. Not sure what i will be able to get done this week but i will try after giving myself at least tomorrow to rest.
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    @sandkp I'm so sorry to hear about your health! You've really been hit hard. I hope you start feeling better soon.
    We have a new teammate, my friend @stk76. She's a great addition to the team!
    I made a dinner using coriander and was crossing my fingers that it was on the list but it looks like I'll have to try something with thyme or ginger. I've got those in my spice cabinet :smile:
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Welcome @stk76 its great to have you!
  • alipsie19
    Options
    7 March
    30min walk @ 20:00 pace 198cals
    (Watching 5 videos about Jamaica)
    16min Calisthenics
    -4x :30 Elbow planks
    -30 day AB challenge
    -30 day March Madness challenge
    20min Foam Rolling & Stretching

During work:
    51min walk @ 20:00 pace 388cals

Evening:
    60min Foam Rolling & Stretching
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome @stk76 to the team x
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Welcome @stk76!

Team! Please check out the Jessica Smith video for the second challenge. It's a really great workout for sore muscles. I felt so good while doing it and it's going in my 'favourites' list.
  • sandkp
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I made ginger tea.
    I am not sure if it will count ... but i made ginger honey tea from a teabag dropped off by my neighbor. I was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday so she dropped it on my front door to help me feel better when getting kids off to school. I drank it .. but have no real taste right now so it was hot liquid.. but was reheated several times before i could finish due to falling alseep.
  • sandkp
    Options
    Thanks @shauna30. For someone who usually doesnt get really sick much its been a bad month.

I tried watching videos and walking in place for at least the bonus points but that caused a coughing fit so may try again tomorrow.
  • bloveless
    bloveless Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge#3
    I made Beef and Broccoli Stirfry with Cabbage, Peppers and Onions.
    I was sent an email with a few diabetic recipes in it and this is one I chose to make. It has fresh ginger in it and it was tasty! I served it over brown rice and my husband and I had a very healthy dinner.
  • shauna30
    Options
    Challenge #3
    Mom, we were on the same wavelength! I made chicken vegetable stir fry with ground ginger in the sauce. It was so good that my husband had two bowls. It was a great way to eat vegetables!
  • alipsie19
    Options
    7 March
    Morning:
    Nada, had to be at work at 0500

During work:
    32min walk (2.1km) @ 230cals
    18min walk (1.5km) @ 145cals
    47min walk (4.2km) @ 349cals

Evening:
    60min Foam Rolling & Stretching
    20min Fitness Zone Reggae Workout
    20min Recovery Day video

Doing the videos back to back was interesting. Felt really good on my hips and knees all of which are failing me right now.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Morning team. I have to apologize, as I am having a terrible week in terms of getting any exercise in. I am not sure if I am fighting off something, but I have had zero energy this week. We had a "snow day" yesterday and I went to sleep for a couple of hours during the day! I Never do that! I will try and get back on track. :(
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    oops, I'm sorry, forgot to add...Welcome to the team, @magslante!!
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @magslante Welcome to the team, its great to have you! Good luck with the bootcamp. I'm sure you'll do great. :)
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome new team members!! Great to have you.

I'm feeling *much* better this week, and am back on the bandwagon. Lifted weights Monday and yesterday, climbed on Tuesday, and did some small bits of cardio in between.

I'm going camping this weekend (thank god it's finally somewhat warm enough), so I'll get those challenges done before I go. I'm beyond excited to get some hiking done and take a mental break from work/homework.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welcome to the team @magslante, great to have you on board x

#challenge 3

I made curry goat and rice today I used scotch bonnet for that added spice, an ingredient used often in my household.
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3

I made beef and noodles recipe that my family loves. Filet mignon bites simmer in beef broth with thyme and bay leave and then u add corn starch to thicken it up and add peas. We eat it with Kluski noodles. So yum.
  • shauna30
    Options
    I'm watching my daughter at gymnastics practice and their conditioning today includes a burpee that I could NEVER do. When they stand to jump up, they go directly into a back flip. I can't even handle a regular burpee!