TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3
    I left Girl Scout Cookies behind for 6 days (hopefully 7 as I don't plan to partake today either!)

This came at a great time as my niece just delivered the cookies we ordered at Christmas. I usually take those dang Thin Mints and can go to town once they are frozen. I have actually enjoyed checking my "stash" and seeing it go down as the boys have been munching on them when they thought mom wasn't looking (usually that is a big no-no here and I call them early on "my box") They will actually get a big thank you if they finish before tomorrow so their is no temptation to just have one before they are gone! Got to support my niece and didn't have any calories to show for it so win-win for me!
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3

On Monday I went way overboard with candy so I decided to give it up for the remainder of the week and I have to say I was successful. Tuesday thru Saturday and more than likely today as well. It was those darn chocolate peanut butter eggs and Cadbury eggs.
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    By some miracle, this weekend was *beautiful* and perfect for some outdoor challenges.

Challenge #2
    I did the shorter Frostbite challenge by taking walks outside, which were much needed breaks from the pile of work I've been trudging through this week. I usually prefer to walk over running...obviously I know it isn't as good a cardio workout, but it's more relaxing me to, and lets me just get lost in thought better.

Challenge #3
    I successfully left my nightly beer behind, but I feel like I heated a bit. I was so busy with homework, I hardly had time to consume anything, let alone a vice like that, haha. I usually account for alcohol calories in my daily tracking, but I didn't track any food this week because it was my "week off" from such responsibilities (when I hurt from cramps, calories are the last of my worries). So, I wasn't really able to see how it affected my daily intake.

Sorry again my exercise was relatively poor this week. Now that I'm feeling better, next week I'll be back to my usual routine!
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1
    I chose the 5K frostbite challenge
    I walked outside every day this week to break it up (I got in more than 5K but I don't think it was 10K). We've finally had some good weather in Scotland (daffodils are starting to come up already, whuuuut?) so it was as good an excuse to get out as any!

CHALLENGE #3
    This is slightly controversial (ish), because I left behind a generally regarded 'healthy' food. I left behind avocados this week because I was getting a bit obsessed. I would take one to work for lunch every weekday! I know.
    I did it because last time I was losing weight I was having green smoothies for dinner pretty much every night I wasn't at my parents' for dinner and I was having two small avocados a day, and I lost 20lbs in 3 months! So I figured, it fills me up and is good for me, I'll go back to what I know. But this time I'm not losing as much or as fast... okay, so that's because I'm not working out as much and not making as healthy food choices... so I thought I'd leave them a while. I'll go back to them eventually but for now I'm enjoying the lack of expense, those things cost an arm and a leg lol!
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I spent 2 hours mall walking while waiting for my tires to be installed then did the challenge #2 video. Done and done.

I didn't claim all two hours walking because it was only 6,000 steps. Galen and I usually get a full 10,000 in that time so I must have dawdled a bit.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Did the videos on Saturday

I chose the 5K frostbite, did this outside walking from different building locations at work (we own three different buildings in the same town, so draped the car, and footed it all week, well over the 5K. @MissionEnforcer

So sorry to have let you all down on the third challenge, but it was THAT week on top of everything else, and I caved, chocolate and coffee are my two bad habits, and I couldn't do it.... maybe next time,
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3:
    I left bread and butter behind for 5/7 days this week.
    I don't think it made much of a difference--I tend to make up for whatever vice I forego with something equally bad or worse (this week it was deep dish pizza) which is why I don't normally put food restrictions on myself.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,169 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ETA content. Lol

Challenge #1-
    I chose All three: both 2.5k and 5k Frostbite Footraces and the 10.49 mi Iditarod Dare.
    One for exercise purposes but I stopped and danced for about a half hour.
    Second- I walked sober. Just walked. Kept walking. I intended to have a drink for my friend who passed Sunday from diabetes complications. I never got that drink. I just walked. He was a double amputee when he passed at age 34... I just walked.
    Lastly, I walked. I danced. I drank. I repeated. Cheers my friend. (Spread out over two nights).

On a lighter note it was a great week. I won two step challenges. One by almost double!

Challenge #2- I had to use option 2, the written out version. I still will get to the videos (personal conquest lol).
    Comments: I suck at hip raises. It's like I don't have any. Oh haha *reads notes* I was doing squat holds in Michaels while picking out floss colors because I kept getting caught doing squats. Haha! Good times that was! Hey, do what you can where you can, right?!

Challenge #3- I gave up the recently revisited cakes, cookies, and ice cream.
    I had those mushy ice cream ball things after sushi the other day (shared with two people) otherwise it was a good week. I'm finally at my free day and I don't have one craving anymore. Catch 22! Lol

It was a hectic and trying yet productive and active week. I love these challenges. However, life (or death in this case) challenges are certainly taking the lead right now.

Strength
    Life
    Living
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Had every intention of doing the Challenge 1-3 the 10.49 miler, but after slipping in the rain this morning my right hip flexor and right shoulder have been advising against it. Sorry gang!
  • cocoajax16
    cocoajax16 Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good Evening Team 3! I hope everyone had a fabulous week!!!
    Challenge #1
    I completed 15 miles this week, by doing a variety of things. I went to the gym 4 days this week and completed my miles on elliptical, treadmill, and stairmaster. I also went hiking outdoors. What can I say, I get bored easy!

Challenge# 3

I left behind Diet Dr. Pepper. I feel tired. Haha. Ok, on a serious note. I did not really miss diet soda besides the caffeine. I feel cleaner and less toxic. I will try hard to continue onward leaving all diet drinks behind.

<3 Ciao,

Laura

• alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    5 March
    60min Foam Rolling & Stretching
    11min Calisthenics
    -4x :30 Elbow planks
    -30 day AB challenge
    -30 day March Madness challenge
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot to label this before.

Challenge #1:
    I've finished the 2.5k outdoor walk with my dog gunner. I was hoping to get more outdoor time, but the weather didn't cooperate.

I chose to walk b/c I'm still recovering from a knee/ankle injury and can't yet handle the impact of running on cement.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    qdr4cdyc9uiv.jpg
    ALL TEAMS HAD CHALLENGE POINTS THAT WEREN'T COUNTED, DUE TO NOT FOLLOWING THE POSTING INSTRUCTIONS:

TEAM 1: 15points; TEAM 2: 5 points; TEAM 3: 25 points;
    TEAM 4: 10 points; TEAM 5: 5 points; TEAM 6: 5 points

• shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    We held onto 5th place! Way to go team :smiley:

Although, missing 25 points is really sad. Good luck this week!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Am very sorry guys. I obviously forgot how to read... will pay much better attention next time around phooey.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

WEEK SEVEN DESTINATION IS UP
    AND RUNNING!
    HAVE FUN MON!
    B)
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Correction to the format of my food challenge from last week...

CHALLENGE #3
    I left sweetener behind for 5 days.
    I don't really have any other vices at the moment, unless I could say I left behind all junk foods which I used to eat but that has been going on for some time, not sure what else to use. Anyway, my tea sucked without the sweetener...lol.
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have an overwhelming urge to watch Cool Runnings.

"Ye dead?"
    "Ya mon"

:D:D:D:D Love that film.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I have an overwhelming urge to watch Cool Runnings.

"Ye dead?"
    "Ya mon"

:D:D:D:D Love that film.

YESS!!!
    "What I am saying to you, is that you are the kind of club-toting, raw-meat-eating, Me-Tarzan-You-Jane-ing, big, bald bubblehead that can only count to ten if he's barefoot or wearing sandals."

8bkjk6yw1697.jpg
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I completed challenge 1 (both) videos. They were actually a lot of fun!

I was planning to do challenge 2 as well today but it turned out to be a day of non stop errands. I am planning a strength workout tmrw so maybe it will be useful as a stretching session after the strength.

I completed challenge 3 too yesterday. I will make a separate post to ensure its in the right format.