Replies

• MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1m7lfntqn4ku.jpg
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Third place for the week. Nice work getting back up there from last place earlier in the week! We appear to be well within range of pulling our overall place up to third, too! Maybe even higher... :D
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @cindy4919 remember we are a team and we will help I couldn't breath for 3 weeks but didn't quite the team because of all the support here we pulled through and now look we finished 3rd just do your best focus on the challenges and you team will have York back for the miles
    WAY TO GO team 2 finishing 3rd let's see what we can do this week
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    WEEK SIX DESTINATION IS UP
    AND RUNNING!
    HOPE YOU HAVE FUN!
    :)
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I watched the two short videos and did arm weight exercises this morning, along with some small gentle leg stretches. I can limp along today without the walker! I will use it today at work in order to not be so fatigued at the end of the day. My goal for myself is to walk half that 5k outside on Saturday the completing it on Sunday.
    I found it very interesting to learn the origins of the Iditarod.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @Cindyk4919 It looks like you are feeling better! I'm so glad!

Lovin' all the pup pics in this week's challenge post! I'm not sure what my food vice will be for Challenge #3. I'll have to think on it! I'd really love to do the 10.49 trek. *fingers crossed* for good weather on Saturday! I think I'll go for a 5K on Tuesday and Thursday, too!

Let's do this Team 2 Beat!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    We did it team! I'm so proud of our 3rd place finish! Let's keep it going!

Like I mentioned before, I had a good week and it showed on the scale. Lost 2 lbs! Yay! Just 13 to go :)

Ok so as you know, I like to get started on the challenges early. I'm only sorry I didn't log in last night. I could have gotten started on challenge # 1 at the gym today. Didn't log in until I got back. Anyway, I decided to do the 10.49 mile Iditarod indoors on the treadmill because honestly, I'm an indoors person, sad I know. I will probably run it, haven't decided yet. But it definitely won't be all at once. Probably in 2 or 3 segments. I'll get started tomorrow.

I just completed challenge # 2. I chose the TOTAL BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT because after already lifting weights at the gym, I was in no mood to lift even more weights. I did modify a bit. Because I have diastasis recti, I avoid crunches so I did another ab exercise in place of them. Also, I did the push ups with my hands on a chair since regular push ups are also a no no with DR.

Challenge # 3 is tough because I really don't have any food vices. I eat pretty clean 6 days a week except for my cheat day. There is nothing I can't do without. I had to think really hard about this one. Anyway, every evening when my husband gets in from work he gives me a stick of sugar free gum. I guess that will be the thing I leave behind. (Although frankly that doesn't weigh anything and really wouldn't lighten my load :D).

I hope everyone has a great week and we all remain injury and ill free this week so we can bring our best.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1
    I chose the 2.5K frostbite footrace.
    I chose to walk it with my dog today because I have a sciatic pain in my hip and lower back and I'm afraid if I didn't get it done today it may not get done at all.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    For the nutritional challenge I will be giving up soda and chips.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    About a week ago I ran 11 miles of trails. Too bad I can't count that! I hadn't been for a really long run in months, so I was sore for a couple of days afterwards. It was a beautiful day so I just kept going past the original 5 that I had intended. I think I will do that again. Heavy rain today, though, so it will take a couple of days for it to dry up enough for them to open the trails back up. B)
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    For the nutrition challenge I'm giving up my hard candy. No more Werthers or life saver type candy in the evening with my tea.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Cindyk4919 wrote: »
    Feeling really. Good. Range of motion coming back :smiley: did the chair exercises learned from video and I can do most of the movements. I'm going to be all healed up by the weekend! Yea!

Awesome to hear, Cindy!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3 left behind: giving up milk chocolate for 5 days it's gonna be tough as this the time Aunt Flo visits and I crave milk chocolate
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    For the vice challenge, I'm giving up coffee with any caffeine...100% decaf for me. Kinda scared!! Lol
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @Brittanypomales check the spreadsheet for Monday, the sheet scrolled on me and I think I messed up your entry. Sorry about that!
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started the 10.49 mile challenge. So today my dog, Fenris and I walked two miles outside. I am happy to see that it can be worked on indoors since tomorrow the weather looks very rainy. I set a goal of two miles a day for five days. After doing that, I went to my normal water running class at the Y this evening. Wow, I am exhausted. I am trying to do my part to get our minutes up for that week. I would love to see us make it into third place for the overall race this week! Let's go team 2!!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    I wasn't able to stomach ;) the idea of losing my beloved chocolate or my favorite food, cheese, for a week, so I decided to eliminate my artificially-sweetened, fruit-flavored beverages instead. I always have one with dinner and it's like a special treat for me. I will drink unsweetened green tea instead.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    LOL @ the 3rd dog-sledding video. Watching that guy repeatedly crash, hollering, "HO! Ho, ho, ho, ho! Stay! Ho, ho, ho, HOOOOOOO..." while his dogs try to mush on without him was quite entertaining. I never realized they went into such rough areas on those things. I've always just seen them on the flat, snowy, smooth trails. Reminded me a little of watching mountain biking videos - only at least with mountain biking, your bike doesn't go on without you when you crash. :D
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Good morning team, so after a very stressful day yesterday I plan to let go of the the negative today and focus on the good. I was able to walk at lunch and did 2 miles. Today I plan to kill time at the gym prior to my group starting on the treadmill to walk away some mileage. I am also glad the 10.49 can be done in or out but I will try to do as many out as possible
    Cinder, it looks like you are on the mend so happy to hear
    Oh yang and I plan to give up chocolate for 5 days