TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »
    Good morning team, so after a very stressful day yesterday I plan to let go of the the negative today and focus on the good.

Good for you Laura!! It's so easy to be in a bad mood, but I'm starting to realize that a lot of it has to do with our own attitude. We can't control all these outside factors and all we can do is try to handle it in the best way we can for ourselves. Life's too short to be miserable, so I'm choosing to be happy!! Today is going to be a good day!! :)
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Got challenge #2 out of the way so that I can start tackling challenge 1 when I can. I'm going to try to make time for a walk outside at lunch if the bad weather will stay away.
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1 - I chose the 5k frostbite footrace which I completed on Monday. I chose this option as I prefer to be outside when weather permits. I chose to walk, rather than run, as the seasonal road I live on is icy in some areas and I'm not a great runner to begin with. I hope to get a lot more min/klm in this week, but wanted to make sure I had this challenge posted as I am going out of the country on Wednesday and although internet access should be available, I didn't want to take any chances.

[/Challenge 2b] - I chose option 2 - total body workout which I completed this morning.

[/Challenge 3b] - I plan to give up chocolate. Hopefully I will be able to provide an update on Friday.

Hope everyone has a good week.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi Kasi, and welcome! :smiley:

For Challenge #3, I've decided to give up creamer/milk in my coffee. I used to drink it straight but then I found International Delight creamer, lol! Back to basics for me!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    We're in need of back-up players for the Wait-List. If you know of anyone who might be interested in trying out the race over the last few weeks, please refer them to the sign-up sheet, which is found on the Main Group page under "Announcements".

Thank you! :)
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    We're in need of back-up players for the Wait-List. If you know of anyone who might be interested in trying out the race over the last few weeks, please refer them to the sign-up sheet, which is found on the Main Group page under "Announcements".

Thank you! :)
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    This week I plan to give my soda. I have fallen back into the bad habit of having a Coke almost every night instead of just every once in a while. Maybe this week if I skip having it I can I get back to not needing it every day.
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up my favorite calorie laden drinks this week...no latte's...love my daily latte.
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1

I selected the 10.49 MILE IDITAROD and I completed all the mileage outdoors in two different segments.

I'm in Miami for a few days this week and I'm taking advantage of the warm weather, sunshine, the beautiful boardwalk and the people watching. I have been getting up early and run/walking before my conference begins each day.

I head back to Colorado tomorrow night and I'll work on challenge #2 when I get home.

• tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,260 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1

I completed the 10.49 MILE IDITAROD and I completed half of it outdoors and half of it indoors.

I skiied outdoors today because I ski every Tuesday, I also went for a 4 mile walk outside because it was 60 degrees here and sunny and last night I completed 2.5 miles on the elliptical last night in the gym.
  • tinacuso
    Options
    I am giving up putting sugar in my coffee and tea. Two days completed and this is hard.
  • tinacuso
    Options
    Hi Kasi, and welcome! :smiley:
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the team Kasi
    I was able to walk a mile on the treadmill prior to my Grind class at the gym. OMG i wont be able to walk tomorrow but it was a great class and I look forward to Thursday night
    Question: when I do a heavy HIIT exercise program my calves always want cramp. I am hydrating. I don't get it. I am afraid that I will have a cramp in my sleep tonight as that has happened also after a big cardio session. Also I do stretching regularly.

• Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    @llmg970 Whenever I start having leg cramps I up my calcium intake- the easiest way I can- Tums or Rolaids. Seems to take care of the problem.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Just finished doing the chair workout video. That video has been the best for my rehabilitation. My range of motion is getting there. I can feel the swelling on my backside and it suddenly occurred to me that I had just checked And recorded my measurements a couple of days before the fall- so I checked my waist measurement today ---- 2" of swelling! Now I know I'm not trying any jeans for a few more days - Happy to keep wearing the stretch pants.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    @llmg970 Cramps can have causes that aren't due to underlying disease. Examples include dehydration, strenuous exercise, or lack of muscle use
    Self-treatment
    Stretching and massaging the muscle may help it relax. Applying heat or cold to the area may also help.
    Standing on a hard surface and stretching
    Not having enough potassium, calcium, or magnesium in your diet could be a cause
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    JUST A REMINDER: WEIGHT TRACKER LEADER SHEET WILL UPDATE TOMORROW EVENING!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Good morning teammates good news no cramping in my sleep. :).
    I just looked at the boards and we are in first place. Woot woot let's keep this up
    I am going to try a yoga video tonight, let's see if this helps keep me from cramping in my next class