TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Okay so I completed the 5K Frostbite outdoors this morning. I can't say it was Frosty though!! I was running in Shorts and a T-shirt in CANADA!!! I ran, because I LOVE running!!!

Now for the Lighten Your Load challenge I decided to give up my chocolate ( I have 3 pieces of dark chocolate at least 4 days out of 7 )! Not even thinking last night I reached for my trusty intense mint dark chocolate and proceeded to put a square in my gob...as soon as I did I remembered I was supposed to give it up.... Gahhhhhhhh!!!! I am so glad it's not a consecutive 5 days! So Monday no Chocolate....Tuesday Fail!!!

Happy Wednesday all!!!

Not sure if I had to tag you @MissionEnforcer , thought I would just in case!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS:

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NUMBERS GETTING VERIFIED (BUT YOU SEE OTHERS THAT ARE), YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLES, AS SHOWN IN THE CHALLENGE LISTING.

***PLEASE DO NOT POST THE EXAMPLES ON THE TEAM SITES***
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Sorry apparently that was directed at me.....ahhhh rules!!!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    Challenge #1
    I chose the frostbite foot race 10.49 miles . I ran 5+ miles the last 2 days to get this done . So beautiful here is cali great being in the sun on my lunch break
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Well I guess limping around burns calories. I am exhausted at the end of every day, especially yesterday after hanging those drapes. I had great help, so it wasn't too bad.
    I'm down another 2 lbs! :smiley: Still hoping to do the 5 k and the workout blast before the Sunday deadline.
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Challenge #1

Okay so I completed the 5K Frostbite outdoors this morning. I can't say it was Frosty though!! I was running in Shorts and a T-shirt in CANADA!!! I ran, because I LOVE running!!!

Is this right now

Not sure if I had to tag you @MissionEnforcer , thought I would just in case!

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1

Is this right now

Looks right to me. B)
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello Team 2 and happy Friday eve!

This week has kicked my butt! I went to Pilates on Monday but Tuesday and Wednesday I wasn't able to do much in the way of exercise. I did get two short walks in yesterday to add some miles to our total. Work/life seems to have settled today and I'll be hitting the gym this afternoon, and I will tackle Challenge #2 tomorrow morning. Saturday morning, I've carved out a couple hours for a 10.49 hike.

I'm still doing good with no creamer in my coffee for Challenge #3. But oh how I wanted a little milky caramel this morning, lol!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I just did the Fitness Blender workout. I wish I would have gone for a job instead! I chose the first one because the Youtube description said "total body" focus while the other said "lower body"... I probably should have gone with the second one. The first was a little slow for my taste. I hope we get to dance next week, Lol! I loved the Zumba videos a couple weeks ago <3

For Challenge #3 I'm leaving behind Bread and Alcohol. Monday night I had half a dinner role then decided I really didn't want that so I threw it away. I'm proud of myself for not finishing it but it still dinged me a day :s

No Alcohol 3/5 days
    No Bread 2/5 days
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    What was I thinking deciding to do the 10.49 mile indoors on a treadmill? On Tuesday I planned to do an hour and see how many miles I got to. Ha! After 20 minutes I really couldn't do anymore. I had totally forgotten how much I hate cardio! I got off quickly and didn't even remember to check the distance.

Anyway, yesterday was a holiday here so I went walking with the hubby and kids (did 5.02 miles) plus went to a seafood festival and did quite a bit of walking around. So I guess that means challenge # 1 is done.

I don't think I will reach my 700 minutes this week. I'm doing a new workout program now that is strength based. It doesn't have a lot of exercises, just the main lifts of squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc. so it doesn't take a lot of time which normally I'd be rejoicing about, but doesn't help when you are doing an "active minutes" challenge like this one. Now that I know though, I will do my best to add on extra things to it next week to increase my minutes. This week I'm allowing my body to get used to heavy lifting again.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET CHANGE:

VERIFICATION CHALLENGE POINTS WILL NOW APPEAR AS "GREEN", UNTIL REVIEWED.
    "RED" NUMBERS INDICATE THAT YOUR POST HAS BEEN CHECKED, REJECTED, AND NEEDS TO BE REPOSTED.

PLEASE READ THE CHALLENGE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, AND FOLLOW THE EXAMPLES, IF GIVEN.

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1

I chose the 2.5K Frostbite Footrace

I walked total of 2.39 miles over 2 different days at work. I chose this one because it might be the only one I can get done this week. Work life is still super crazy and I feel I shouldn't even be taking the 15-20 minutes it takes to do this but one day it was gorgeous and I needed a break and today I just needed a break. Lol
  • Cindyk4919
    Options
    I still can't get a pair of walking shoes on. :(
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1

I chose the 10.49 mile Iditarod. I walked the first two miles outside. Then the weather went downhill and I walked the other miles broke up over Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday on my treadmill. I wanted to challenge myself to get exercise in every day this week and increase my fitness level.
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3

I chose to give up chocolate candy for Monday to Friday. Initially I thought it would be tough, but it ended up not being too bad and I lost a pound in the process! I have been struggling to take off weight so I may continue to do this to help out with some weight loss.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3

I gave up my nightly habit of drinking cheap sugar-free, artificially colored, fruit-flavored beverages. (It's this junk you mix into plain water to make it taste good.) This is my habitual sweet treat during dinner every night. I almost failed the second night in, and I whined about it a lot this week. But I stuck to my water and unsweetened green tea instead. Days 1-5 are in the books, but I am choosing to continue to abstain for the entire week. They aren't that great. I probably don't even really need them. I was still able to enjoy my dinners without a faux sugar-blast between each bite. If I were to cut them out entirely, I could probably save at least $65 each year. That's an extra pair of running shoes! Financial and fitness benefits! :D
  • Cindyk4919
    Options
    @jenilla1 - Have you tried flavoring your water with more natural herbal/fruit type products? I put lemon and ground ginger in mine and I drink so much more water so eagerly when I'm doing this.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,258 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I left putting sugar in my tea and coffee behind for 5 days.
    This is still really hard for me but I am working on decreasing the amount of sugar I take in