Erin's OMAD Diary

Replies

• EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Well and now the bad news--just got diagnosed with a sinus and chest infection (prone to them--on the docket for surgery soon). On 3 weeks on antibiotics and 2 of Prednisone. This will affect my OMAD due to the meds. :/

I'll switch my OMAD to breakfast for the prednisone but I may end up having a snack at dinner for the 2nd dose of antibiotics. We'll see. I'll do the best I can, which is all anyone can do. The measurement motivation is enough to keep me on course and back to real OMAD asap.
  • EVP_NZ
    And I counted wrong--an inch off the waist in 1 week. Seriously?! And not much showing on the scales. Scales are dirty liars.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    You guys! I've lost 2.5 cm from my waist since 22 Feb. That's an inch in two weeks! :o

amazing!!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Well and now the bad news--just got diagnosed with a sinus and chest infection (prone to them--on the docket for surgery soon). On 3 weeks on antibiotics and 2 of Prednisone. This will affect my OMAD due to the meds. :/

I'll switch my OMAD to breakfast for the prednisone but I may end up having a snack at dinner for the 2nd dose of antibiotics. We'll see. I'll do the best I can, which is all anyone can do. The measurement motivation is enough to keep me on course and back to real OMAD asap.

You should be fine by switching your eating window and having a small snack with your 2nd dose of antibiotics...Hope your feeling better soon and congrats on the inches lost :)
  • EVP_NZ
    Ew--after 3 days, morning eating does not work for me. If I eat in the morning, I'm hungry and back to snacking all day (prednisone contributes to this). Not working for me at all. I feel gross.

So switching it up to a fat coffee (with cream, butter, or coconut oil) for breakfast with the prednisone and my normal OMAD dinner.

This is not what I need for my new job. I start teaching Tuesday.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Ew--after 3 days, morning eating does not work for me. If I eat in the morning, I'm hungry and back to snacking all day (prednisone contributes to this). Not working for me at all. I feel gross.

So switching it up to a fat coffee (with cream, butter, or coconut oil) for breakfast with the prednisone and my normal OMAD dinner.

This is not what I need for my new job. I start teaching Tuesday.

It's all trial and error :)
  • Brendalea69
    The coffee with fat in it should be fine, Hope your feeling better soon!!!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Good luck with the writing classes! I teach English to new migrants.
  • EVP_NZ
    Hi guys. Failing OMAD here. It's just impossible with the prednisone. Hunger is a side effect and it's awful. Only a few more days of the higher dose then a week at the lower dose. Going to go off plan until low dose and try again.

Also, my Fitbit scale played a prank on me saying I'd lost 3 kg, when I gained one. So now that's in my records and, frankly, demoralizing.

But I have the tools to jump back on the bandwagon. What's a week or even three in the face of a lifetime?

Chin up, buttercup!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    It will pass! I had a lot of gout problems this last year that I had to get past. Just get back with it when you can.
  • EVP_NZ
    Thanks @blambo61. Feeling a bit down and overwhelmed today. I needed the encouragement. :)
  • Brendalea69
    I had a procedure done almost 2 months ago and ended up gaining from it, I was so disappointed and wanted to give up but then I realized that it was only temporary and within a week the weight came back off...So don't give up just take it one day at a time and when you're feeling better and done with your meds you can get right back on track :)
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Stay your naturally positive self and tell yourself what you would tell us if we were struggling. A few weeks is nothing! You've got this...just focus on getting well. Hugs!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    But I have the tools to jump back on the bandwagon. What's a week or even three in the face of a lifetime?

Well said!!! I was waiting to share this, but I spent my splurge day on my feet Sunday, outdoor cooking was involved, beers were involved, spaghetti and meatballs were involved, lots of candy was involved (because I was tired), end result 6 lbs weight gain! Six! Oh the humanity! ;)

Back on track today. What's a week in the face of a lifetime? We have the tools, we know how to use them, there's only the choice to keep on using them.

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    leveejohn wrote: »

Well said!!! I was waiting to share this, but I spent my splurge day on my feet Sunday, outdoor cooking was involved, beers were involved, spaghetti and meatballs were involved, lots of candy was involved (because I was tired), end result 6 lbs weight gain! Six! Oh the humanity! ;)

Back on track today. What's a week in the face of a lifetime? We have the tools, we know how to use them, there's only the choice to keep on using them.

In three days it will all be gone. Its just food and water weight mostly.
  • EVP_NZ
    On the lower dose of Prednisone and OMADing again. Last two days really stressful as I'm teaching again (been out of the classroom for 18 years) and my husband's away so I'm single parenting (all our relatives live 8,000 miles away). But I'm doing it today. Grateful I don't have to worry about lunch at work actually.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Excellent @EVP_NZ ! Keep up the great attitude and don't let the prednisone get you down. It will do what it will do while you are on it, and then all that will be in the past.
  • EVP_NZ
    Came home and ate lunch after all. Oops. Oh well, getting there.

I'm so stressed about this job that I've been abusing food a bit. (Have a lot of bingeing my my past.) Haven't had any alcohol or caffeine though, so I'm holding steadfast in some things.

I'm utterly grateful for all the support here. I am trying so hard right now at so many things that I feel like my brain is overclocked.
  • Brendalea69
    It will get better after the meds are all gone, just hang in there :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Came home and ate lunch after all. Oops. Oh well, getting there.

I'm so stressed about this job that I've been abusing food a bit. (Have a lot of bingeing my my past.) Haven't had any alcohol or caffeine though, so I'm holding steadfast in some things.

I'm utterly grateful for all the support here. I am trying so hard right now at so many things that I feel like my brain is overclocked.

Be nice to yourself. If you've fallen off the wagon, get back on slowly. There's no rush. People who rush have a higher probability of failure. just make sure every day you take a step in the right direction and don't be too hard on yourself.