Erin's OMAD Diary

Options

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You've got this :)
    Welcome back. I recently went through a bad 2 weeks of binging. It's rough starting up again, but you've just got to take it 1 day at a time. :grin:
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily need to do keto. OMAD can get you there without it (although it can help). Just start doing it. I've been doing maint for about a month and got sick and injured and gained some but just got it back off. You can do it! The key is you have to stay in the game for as long as it takes. If that means not being too aggressive so you can last, then do that. It is better to finish a little slower than nothing at all. I worry about when people do really hard things like keto or severe calorie restriction or both, etc.. Those things work great, but are real easy to fall off of also. It doesn't have to be all in or nothing! You could pick a cal goal just a little under TDEE instead of being really aggressive. You could also possibly be aggressive for periods of time and then less aggressive for periods of time also (just maintaining) and then get back at it again. That is kind of what I've been doing. Good luck!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you're anything like most of us, you've been "off the wagon" for most of your life. So you being off the wagon now isjust like you were before. And you knew then that going OMAD is possible and you wanted it because you know that being healthier and being at your desired weight is better. You also knew this would make you happier. Don't get discouraged if you get a hiccup along the way. You haven't lost all your good progress by being off the wagon for a while.

What I like to do is take 5 minutes before going to sleep, is close my eyes and imagine myself reaching my goal. Id imagine how I'd look and feel about myself and all the benefits!

You can do this. And why not do it now?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're back, I've been doing low carb since the beginning and just recently started adding back in more carbs and was still losing but then I hit a couple of stalls and by going back to low carb (but plenty of calories) for a week I started losing again...I think we need to shock our bodies every once in a while and tell it who's boss!!! You can do this :)
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I had a rough weekend also. All I can say is start now!! Remember how good the losses feel, and the reasons you initially started. Don't put it off, just commit to yourself now. You are worth it, and you can't afford not to invest in yourself!!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Stick with this group - they're wonderful!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Don't let set backs stop you from achieving goals. You will do great. I have faith
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Back again on OMAD today. The horrible semester is over and we're back from our monthlong trip to the US. Back in the OMAD saddle today. Starting weight (post baby, pre-any diet): 102.1 kg. Now 85 kg. Goal: 75 kg.

Happy to be back.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Welcome back Erin :)
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    I was _just_ looking at your progress pics. WOW.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    I was _just_ looking at your progress pics. WOW.

• Brendalea69
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'll be here cheering you on :)

• EVP_NZ
    Options
    Progress in pounds: starting--225. Current: 187 (a US size 12, I found out in July!). Goal: 165. Subject to revision.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Erin!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Erin!
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    OMAD is a good time to whiten your teeth. The whole trays and gel aren't conducive to eating. ;)
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Day 1 (again!) done. Not perfect, but a good start. I'd do things differently next time, like prep my kid's after-school snack in a fed state, but I'm back fasting again and it feels good.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great job on your first day back - it can only get easier from now!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You've got this. One day at a time.