NSV!

Options

Replies

• shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had a close family member die on the 17th and I did not give in to my usual habit of eating my grief. This is a huge victory for me.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I had a close family member die on the 17th and I did not give in to my usual habit of eating my grief. This is a huge victory for me.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm really glad you processed this through another channel.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Bagged up over 10 pair of pants today to give away. All my size 14, all my size 12 and a couple of size 10. Wore a pair of my ols size 8 pants tonight to dinner. They were awful tight, but I was able to get them on and button them up.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Bagged up over 10 pair of pants today to give away. All my size 14, all my size 12 and a couple of size 10. Wore a pair of my ols size 8 pants tonight to dinner. They were awful tight, but I was able to get them on and button them up.

Awesome! I know this feels great!!!
  • Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I bought boots for the Fall and for the first time ever, didn't need to get ones with wide calves! Also I went to grab a belt I hadn't used all summer and there was no possibility of it being useful anymore!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I bought boots for the Fall and for the first time ever, didn't need to get ones with wide calves! Also I went to grab a belt I hadn't used all summer and there was no possibility of it being useful anymore!

Yay for shrinking calves and waists :blush: ...maybe we can switch calves, I want mine bigger. LOL!
  • LynnJ9
    Options
    I just bought 2 size small tops. S M A L L ! They are a lititle tight, but they fit!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Got dressed for work this morning and put on a pencil skirt that I haven't worn in a while. It used to fit like a glove (ok, maybe a little too tight) and now it is noticeably looser! I have about an inch of extra space at my waist and the hips are looser too. I've NEVER had extra fabric on my hips! Usually stretched to capacity!

All of this with tights and a sweater tucked into the skirt, I might add.

Plus a coworker saw me and said, "Wow you have a tiny waist!"
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    maybe we can switch calves, I want mine bigger. LOL!

Same here! For some reason (*cough* genetics *cough*) I have always had thick ankles - cankles!! - despite being thin. I am hoping that adding muscle to my calves will help make it less noticeable.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Got dressed for work this morning and put on a pencil skirt that I haven't worn in a while. It used to fit like a glove (ok, maybe a little too tight) and now it is noticeably looser! I have about an inch of extra space at my waist and the hips are looser too. I've NEVER had extra fabric on my hips! Usually stretched to capacity!

All of this with tights and a sweater tucked into the skirt, I might add.

Plus a coworker saw me and said, "Wow you have a tiny waist!"

Yaaaay. Look at you!!!! I was getting dressed for church Sunday and kept trying on skirt after skirt. They are all size 10. I have never worn clothes my size so I don't know what I wear, lol, but needless to say I found a dress that fits in the back of my closet.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    2 dresses I wore recently that I hadn't worn in months fit a bit loose.

Then I got a few items in my Stitch Fix box and had to go down a size in my pants and change my puffy vest size down to a large such fits perfect. So happy to see the progress in my clothes.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Nice! Congrats :smiley: What's a stitch fix box?
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I binged on brownies. But I left the last brownie in the pan. I stopped myself!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I binged on brownies. But I left the last brownie in the pan. I stopped myself!

You can mail it to me. Lol! That’s funny. I NEVER would have been able to do that. Great job!!!
  • spdaphne
    Options
    Nice! Congrats :smiley: What's a stitch fix box?

Personal styling through subscription https://www.stitchfix.com/
  • LynnJ9
    Options
    My husband said last night, "How much more are you trying to lose? Don't want you to get yo skinny." LOVE!
  • spdaphne
    Options
    I had to buy new underwear and put a belt on my jeans. Woot woot! I also rarely now buy store bought dressing because i make tasty dressing on my own :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    I had to buy new underwear and put a belt on my jeans. Woot woot! I also rarely now buy store bought dressing because i make tasty dressing on my own :)

Yay HOORAY! I’ve been wearing my pregnancy underwear for years. Lol!!! I’m sure they’re too big at this point. Hahahaha. PLEASE share your dressing recipe. I’m looking for a nice healthy one.
  • spdaphne
    edited January 2018
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »

Yay HOORAY! I’ve been wearing my pregnancy underwear for years. Lol!!! I’m sure they’re too big at this point. Hahahaha. PLEASE share your dressing recipe. I’m looking for a nice healthy one.

Here are some of my favorites:

http://www.getoffyouracid.com/the-alkaline-super-salad/ .... Lemon vinaigrette. So easy and simple as it only has 3 ingredients!

Ginger-cilantro dressing (from The Elimination Diet Cookbook which I'm using right now) https://www.amazon.com/Elimination-Diet-Discover-Making-Tired/dp/1455581887

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
    3 tbsp raw coconut vinegar
    1 to 2 tsp of raw honey or maple syrup
    1 (2 inch) piece of fresh ginger
    1 to 2 garlic cloves (optional)
    1/2 tsp salt
    small handful of fresh cilantro

Toss it all into a blender and blend! It doesn't make a lot of dressing, but I put it on top of anything that needs a little extra flavor (grilled chicken or sautéed veggies or salad of course).

Creamy Ginger Dressing (From The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook) https://www.amazon.com/Whole-Life-Nutrition-Cookbook-Planetary/dp/0979885906

1/3 cup sesame seeds
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    3-4 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    3 tbsp brown rice vinegar or coconut vinegar
    3 tbsp wheat-free tamarin or coconut amigos
    2 tbsp water
    1 tbsp pure maple syrup
    1/8 tsp ground white ginger

Heat skillet over medium-low heat and add sesame seeds to dry roast for a few minutes. Keep seeds moving in skillet to prevent burning. Remove from heat and place seeds and all other ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.

Goes great for cabbage like salads as it tends to be thicker. Great on veggies, chicken, etc. to add some added flavor.
This discussion has been closed.