August 2013 Fitness Challenge

Options
melkadee
melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
Here’s the challenge:
Burn 7000 calories in the month of August!:smokin:

The goal is to burn 7000 calories. You choose the workout! :happy:
That’s about 225 calories a day.

Please feel free to set your own goal. Depending on your exercise regime (cardio, strength training, etc.), you may be burning more or less than 225 calories a day. The goal here is to challenge your body and mind.

Let’s support each other.:drinker:

You can use tickerfactory.com to create a ticker or just record your daily workout as follows:

8/1 – 363 calories
8/2 – Rest Day
8/3 – 216 calories
Total – 579 calories/ 6421 calories to go

The challenge begins August 1, 2013 and concludes August 31, 2013.

Are you in??? :flowerforyou:

Oh yeah! :bigsmile:

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'll bite, but I have surgery on the first so I'll be a late starter. (But... I WILL start none the less.) Great challenge! :glasses:
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This will give me something to shoot at. I'm a teacher and when school starts, I become more sedentary
  • TheMMan
    Options
    You can also use MFP to track your calories burned. If you go to reports, it give a bar chart for calories burned. For the past 7 days, it provides the actual, numerical values. For the past 30 days, you'll have to estimate the values.
  • Susan0279
    Susan0279 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in and ready to go!
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    This would be a lot easier for me to achieve if I could do cardio (still nursing a muscle injury), but I'll give a try anyway. :drinker:
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :bigsmile:
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am in... and promise to be better about tracking my progress this time around... I totally whiffed on the June challenge :blushing:

This week I begin training for a half marathon so I will be putting in a lot of mileage in August. I usually aim for 2400 calories/week but with the extra mileage I'll probably be over 3,000 some weeks.

I'm going to set 10,000 as my goal and see what I can do... want to make it a good challenge but not impossible :happy:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in for the challenge! I swim every day, which is a good burn. I used to rate my swim as "vigorous" but I have cut it back to moderate to avoid over-estimating. I usually get in two miles a day.

My goal is to burn 30,000 calories in August. Here is my ticker, I won't update it until August starts. My last challenge was 60 miles of swimming in July, but due to a week long vacation, I don't think I will get my mileage in. :ohwell: But I feel that I have done well overall.

exercise.png

Jan
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Now let's see how many attempts I need to get the damn ticker in here and working! LOL
  • TheMMan
    Options
    I've never used the Ticker Factory. Can anyone explain how to use it and embed it into a post?

Thanks
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    excellent! I'm in!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    In B4 the lock......oh, wait!
    J/K.
    In!
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My baby is almost 3 months old & it's time to make my comeback. I will need to reset my heartrate monitor tomorrow morning for more accurate calculations. (Alas, it's set to a fitness time when I ran a 1:38 half marathon, so obviously that's different... for now!)
  • DMH1963
    DMH1963 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Gonna try!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how many kcals I'm aiming for ... I'll do some sums tomorrow ...

I'm in New Zealand, so I guess I'm first to post!

1st August 622 kcal

Yay!
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Yay ticker worked! Now to try and get the calories burned. I strained my quadricep a couple days ago so need to find alternative calorie burning options for a couple weeks while it heals. I'm not giving up!

exercise.png
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Goal: 10,000

Balance: 10,000

Today: 195

Remaining: 9,805
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Aug 1:
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give it a shot! I'm finally up and about, sort of, after a knee injury... I guess I should wear my HRM now during my physical therapy sessions!