Like Minded Lushes - April 2017

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Well, I drank most days last week (as usual), but I feel like I moderated better. I was never hungover. I was a little sleepy yesterday, but felt good enough to run 2.5 miles first thing. We were in bed early every night which helps tons. It was a nice weekend. Took the kids to the aquarium and just hung around the rest of the weekend. Weather was pretty good. We have nothing planned for the upcoming 3 day weekend so not sure what we'll do.

Tonight will be a 0; not sure about the rest of the week. As long as I can keep it to a couple drinks during the week, I don't feel bad about having a drink or two most nights.

Have a great week!
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Still in the process of moving. Puppy is doing great! Have slowed down though.. tonight, I am at our cabin -- so there will be cheese, and steak, and wine. Life gets back to normal by this weekend so I'm just going to give myself this time. Next week, back on track. On a positive note, I'm teaching Copper (the pup) to walk on a leash so getting in some steps!

• Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - No 0. I had a margarita and a cider.
    I should have a 0 tonight to make up for no 0 yesterday, but that's doubtful.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Ann-I can't believe it's been a year already. Hope your visit goes well and you find some comfort with each other.
    Puppies will keep you busy, for sure, Gwen!
    Meg, you are the star this month, for sure!

I'm plugging along. Hoping for a good Dr appointment tomorrow with the MIL so we can remove the catheter and get her more mobile and comfortable. We are scheduled for our annual trip to Laguna Beach this weekend..supposed to leave Friday and be back Wednesday. I so need this as does the husband but we need to firm up his mom's caretaking situation before we can commit to going. We may end up hiring someone, but knowing my MIL she will hate that. :/
    I'm not lushing much but have been putting my gummies to good use to help with stress and sleep. ;)
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Aloha!!!
    It's been a busy 2 weeks. My brother was here for 10 days then we all went to Vegas to celebrate my niece's 21st. Got back early Sunday morning on a red eye.
    Sunday-2 glasses of wine, 1 double manhattan
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

I need to dry out. I do not think I have had a zero this entire month??!!!! But it has been so amazing to see family!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    plodding along.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ok Laguna Beach getaway is a go! Will spend the day today packing and of course a trip to the store to stock up on essentials: beer, wine, vodka. B)
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sydney- Enjoy your weekend!

Ann- wishing you the best with your visit to your SIL.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I have been having a couple drinks a night, even Monday which is supposed to be my 0 day. Last night had a bit more as I had friends over. We went to sleep around 11:00ish so not terrible today. Plus I ended the night with Smirnoff seltzers, and that seems to help "hydrate" me. :) Maybe a 0 tonight.

Have fun on all of your trips lushes!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-4oz of beer and 2 Manhattans
    Thursday-perhaps a margarita or two....I mean I got 2 zeros this week, so.........

Have fun your trips!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday lushes. 3 day weekend with my birthday thrown in for good measure definitely means it will be a lushy weekend. Saturday is my actual birthday so we will go out for dinner. The weather is awesome right now so I will probably just work in the yard all weekend. I hope you all have great Memorial Day weekends!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy birthday Mama Lush!!
    You all would be proud of the amount of booze I've got packed in our car.
    Have a great weekend :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun, Sydney!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-2 1/2
    Thursday-3 margaritas and a few sips of bourbon
    Friday-We are going out to "officially" celebrate our 10 year anniversary, which was last week, while we were away. Wine, bourbon, who knows :)
    No real plans this weekend, cleaning, maybe a nice long beach walk, and hopefully a beach day....weather pending!!!

Have a great weekend!
    Happy Aloha Friday!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Visit going well, lots of alcohol and food being consumed!
    Happy birthday Robin!
    Enjoy your getaway Sydney!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I earned my card this weekend. Friday was probably the lushiest. We ended up going down to our neighbors' after happy hour and dinner drinks. I was hangin a little Saturday but took the kids to the coffee shop and zoo (had a beer there). Saturday and Sunday I drank most of the day but did so slowly and went to bed early. Yesterday we went to some friends' daughter's birthday party. I started with a wine, then switched to beer, then back to wine and that was a bad idea. I came home and "took a nap" and then got up and ate so don't feel bad today, but I am tired because I slept like *kitten*. I was up from 3-6:30am. I did get an extra half hour of sleep before I had to get up which actually helped some. Still tired though....

Tonight I will have a 0. First one in a while. Once we get back from vacation, I'm going to need to detox a bit. May even try to start earning some regular 0's during the week.
  • gwenm4
    Options
    New day. Back on track. All moved into the new cabin in the mountains and now I have to stop eating and drinking everything in sight. I can talk myself into it pretty quickly so need some willpower today! Trying to do at least zeros today and tomorrow.
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Tuesday = 0

Spent the evening on the porch with the new puppy. Life is pretty darn good. How is everyone doing this week?
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday, Robin!!

Still trucking along here... not going to lie - we are counting down the days until that finish-line beer and subsequent wobbly-pops!! 17 more days...

Also, 2 weeks from today I will be in the car, driving away to holiday in Whistler... can hardly wait!! We haven't had time off since Christmas so this break is much needed. Did I mention that it is a week of adults-only time?? :smiley:
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Tues = 0
    Wed = 1 (one glass of wine is SO good compared to last week's tally)

• Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 3 seltzers, 3 glasses of wine, 1.5 beers. Oops. We went to a free concert on the waterfront and then came home and had more wine.

My goal was to have 2 0's this week, so if it's going to happen it will be tonight. But of course it's lovely. And Thursday.