Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Sandy I am so proud of you <3<3 You are a strong woman and doing wonderful :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for all your support, it means a lot to me!!! All of you are awesome. :) couldn't ask for a more supportive group to be a part of. :)

Mmmmmmmmwahhhhhh!!!

Just so ya know, when I finally decide to try to quit (I smoke pipe tobacco cigars, not cigarettes but same concept) I'm going to be hitting you up for advice FREQUENTLY hahaha :D
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    @mikseyniha thank you :)

@mistymeadows2005 you go right ahead on :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    It's great that you aren't replacing the habit with another - I know a few people who use those e-cigarettes and they seem to be MORE addicted to those things than they ever were to the cigarettes!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    It's great that you aren't replacing the habit with another - I know a few people who use those e-cigarettes and they seem to be MORE addicted to those things than they ever were to the cigarettes!

Those things are nasty! I'm glad I'm not replacing one habit with the other, either. :)
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In Update: Oh, noes...+3.6 pounds. Well, that's that. It was good while it lasted. This proves I am doomed to be fat forever. May as well just quit while I'm ahead.... NOT!!! I've had a huge non-scale victory this week in that I quit smoking. I knew this was coming. Gaining a bit of weight is nothing, and besides, despite my husband and I declaring today a "Donnie and Sandy, Day of Fun", I didn't overeat. Full on OMAD for me again, I missed you guys!!!

I over drank a bit, perhaps, but these moments are few and far between. I enjoyed the day with my husband just kicking back and relaxing by the pool, drinking some beer, and laughing. He goes back next week for a whole month, so these types of days are precious.

I am still super proud of myself regardless of this week's gain. Tomorrow I shall start fresh, no plans to consume alcohol anytime soon--funny thing about me and alcohol is that months go by without me having so much as a drink, and then it seems like party week comes along. Haha

Today's meal was slow grilled pulled bbq pork (courtesy, the hubby), my homemade garlic potato salad with bacon, grilled corn on the cob, and my homemade coleslaw. Mmmmmmm, mmmmmm... Donnie over grilled the corn, but it just made it all the sweeter! lol

Do you guys dig my hat that the hubby bought me? I am in love with it!! :-)

Lastly, I've had enough of the 180s, time to bust on out of here! I'm expecting it to take me three weeks or less to hit the 170s!!! Can I get a, "You can do it, Sandy!!!"???

dl09fuhktbek.png
    femvnkdylg4g.jpg
    9pz40uphrdo4.jpg

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    LOVE the hat! So you!!!!

And yes, I'm sure you'll hit those 170s! You Sarah and I are gonna make it happen!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    LOVE the hat! So you!!!!

And yes, I'm sure you'll hit those 170s! You Sarah and I are gonna make it happen!

Haha, thanks sweet lady!

Yes, oh yes, all three of us will bust out of the 180s!!! I've enjoyed my stay, but I'm ready to checkout some rooms on the lower floors now. :)

• x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    crazy that you quit smoking just like that, that's worth many many pounds off the scale in health currency haha and back to OMAD too, good job
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are balancing all of these changes in your life and it sounds like you are finding a positive way to handle it all. You are giving yourself a way to succeed in multiple areas. Very interesting to read about your struggle and solutions. Do you find that the same strength you need to do OMAD is similar to the strength you need to quit smoking? Or is it an entirely different thing?
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    crazy that you quit smoking just like that, that's worth many many pounds off the scale in health currency haha and back to OMAD too, good job

I know, lol. It feels so good to have quit! And, I couldn't agree with you more in that it's worth more inbhetg currency!
    Thanks for being so supportive :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Brilliant results and each day you are a happy non smoker is a victory!!! plus now you will balance things out for sure... think of all the time your body will save repairing the smoking ... that time can be dedicated to more weight loss or else fitness or whatever your body needs to heal... that is a big plus
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    LOVE the hat! So you!!!!

Haha, thanks sweet lady!

Yes, oh yes, all three of us will bust out of the 180s!!! I've enjoyed my stay, but I'm ready to checkout some rooms on the lower floors now. :)

#PREACH!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    You are balancing all of these changes in your life and it sounds like you are finding a positive way to handle it all. You are giving yourself a way to succeed in multiple areas. Very interesting to read about your struggle and solutions. Do you find that the same strength you need to do OMAD is similar to the strength you need to quit smoking? Or is it an entirely different thing?

Very interesting questions, ones I haven't pondered over the past week. But, since you've asked, I can tell you they are different. OMAD, to me, has just always felt right. It really didn't require much strength. The positive health changes came so fast that I just instantly fell in love. Not to say I haven't had an off day or two here and there, but OMAD has been an overall wonderful experience with me and has taught me a lot about myself and my relationship to food. The only reason I was considering trying another way is due to my cholesterol results, but since I quit smoking, I think that will help lower the bad cholesterol more than anything. Also, I will try and work the proper foods into OMAD to help lower cholesterol in that way as well.

Smoking is just, ugh, a wicked and different monster. I should not have tried to change up my eating the same week as I quit smoking, it was done in a panicked state and without thinking. I'm happy that I quit, I feel great, I'm not struggling too bad. However, I think what I've learned from OMAD will help me not to resort to picking at food to replace the cigarettes. It's important for me to go straight back to OMAD and nip this in the bud, swiftly and quickly. I'm very excited about this challenge, though I don't wish it on anyone, yet I think the best time to quit is during the journey, not afterwards. I'm so glad that I am not afraid of the scale anymore, it's motivating even when the numbers rise... means I need to do something, ASAP :-)

:-)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You can do it Sandy, Yes you can.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You did it Sandy! I am so proud of you <3<3
    The gain is worth your NSV this week :smiley: Coz I know its nothing that you can't lose. Now that you're way past your other demon(the smoking one) time to get back to this one :wink:

Btw, you look amazing in that hat :smiley:
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I am SO happy for you! And you are so adorable in that hat! :)
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Very interesting questions, ones I haven't pondered over the past week. But, since you've asked, I can tell you they are different. OMAD, to me, has just always felt right. It really didn't require much strength. The positive health changes came so fast that I just instantly fell in love. Not to say I haven't had an off day or two here and there, but OMAD has been an overall wonderful experience with me and has taught me a lot about myself and my relationship to food. The only reason I was considering trying another way is due to my cholesterol results, but since I quit smoking, I think that will help lower the bad cholesterol more than anything. Also, I will try and work the proper foods into OMAD to help lower cholesterol in that way as well.

Smoking is just, ugh, a wicked and different monster. I should not have tried to change up my eating the same week as I quit smoking, it was done in a panicked state and without thinking. I'm happy that I quit, I feel great, I'm not struggling too bad. However, I think what I've learned from OMAD will help me not to resort to picking at food to replace the cigarettes. It's important for me to go straight back to OMAD and nip this in the bud, swiftly and quickly. I'm very excited about this challenge, though I don't wish it on anyone, yet I think the best time to quit is during the journey, not afterwards. I'm so glad that I am not afraid of the scale anymore, it's motivating even when the numbers rise... means I need to do something, ASAP :-)

:-)

Very cool! Sounds like you know yourself very well. Best wishes!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    When I first started reading your post I was thinking this doesn't sound like Sandy talking at all...You have a great attitude and I'm glad you're not giving up "YOU CAN DO IT SANDY" I love the hat <3 and I'm glad you enjoyed your day :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    When I first started reading your post I was thinking this doesn't sound like Sandy talking at all...You have a great attitude and I'm glad you're not giving up "YOU CAN DO IT SANDY" I love the hat <3 and I'm glad you enjoyed your day :)

Aww, thanks Brenda. I wasn't myself for like a week and a half. Lol. I feel much better again now! I sure did enjoy my day, I was thrilled with the surprise hat the hubby bought me--now I can enjoy the sun without risking my face looking like leather! Haha

Thanks for your support, Brenda!!