New members

Replies

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,063 Member
    We're a friendly, irreverent bunch. Welcome.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Farback wrote: »
    We're a friendly, irreverent bunch. Welcome.

Sounds like my kind of group! :smiley:
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    We are as Farback says. Friendly irreverent group always eager to listen & support
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,976 Member
    Howdy new peeps!
  • gargoyle1210
    gargoyle1210 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm new! According MFP, I have logged in for 20 days and I'm pretty darn proud of myself because I have stayed on track for most of those 20 days. I think everyone has an occasional cheat day so I'm not worried. I only plucked up the courage to weigh myself two Saturdays ago but at my first weigh in, I was down 2.5 pounds. I'm feeling more motivated to lose now, than I have in many years. So, IT'S ON!

Anyone interested, feel free to friend request me. I'm just learning to navigate the site. You'd think it wouldn't be that difficult, but I wrote a great blog last night and now I can't find it. Where does it go after I click "save"?

Pam
  • BBee5064
    Welcome aboard Pam
    We look forward to getting to know you.
    Well done on your 2.5 pounds down
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi everyone! I'm new! According MFP, I have logged in for 20 days and I'm pretty darn proud of myself because I have stayed on track for most of those 20 days. I think everyone has an occasional cheat day so I'm not worried. I only plucked up the courage to weigh myself two Saturdays ago but at my first weigh in, I was down 2.5 pounds. I'm feeling more motivated to lose now, than I have in many years. So, IT'S ON!

Anyone interested, feel free to friend request me. I'm just learning to navigate the site. You'd think it wouldn't be that difficult, but I wrote a great blog last night and now I can't find it. Where does it go after I click "save"?

Pam
    @gargoyle1210
    I pretty much stink at doing this stuff, but I think I got it right: Your blog is at the top of your page if you are using a computer: "My Blog."
    It will be different on a phone.

1t0ty76twjqa.png
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,885 Member
    Welcome aboard, ebentzley!! If you find a way to silence that bad "give up, what's the use" voice, let me know!!
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Yes, welcome to ebentzley. That voice is always running its mouth and we all struggle with it.
    Exhibit A...my current profile picture. Put earphones in, take a walk and just ignore that voice. It doesn't seem to go away!
  • RodaRose
    Great to see you, @ebentzley :)
  • saybyebob
    saybyebob Posts: 37 Member
    Hi! I'm turning the big "6" "0" the end of August. Been searching for group to call home. Need to lose 50lbs and would love to lose around 80lbs, considered weight loss surgery but don't have the best insurance and the co-pays are way out of my financial bracket. Still working full time. I get about 5 thousands steps at work and I'm aware they don't really count.

My plan is log my food and get to the gym. Logging the food is the easy part but I'm so tired after working 8 hours I just want to get home, lie down and nibble on some salty chips.

Wishing success to all!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,885 Member
    Welcome aboard, @saybyebob!! Your steps do count as do your food choices and everything else in life. We are comprehensive beasts, we humans... MmmmmmmMMmmm salty chips.... What was I saying?
  • RodaRose
    @saybyebob Steps count.
    Welcome :)
  • BBee5064
    Welcome to our group. We will support you every step of the way :)
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Hello you all... I'm a returning member of this group (I think at least it was this group I was in a few years ago...)
    I'm Ann, from Belgium, so my native language is Dutch which might explain my weird way of expressing myself. (I think my English is pretty decent, maybe better than the average knowledge of Dutch here in the group, but still....)
    I'm turning 55 next month. I live with husband and 20 year old son in a small village near the Dutch border. I work in the Netherlands.
    I do not have to lose much weight (6-7 lbs), but I'm more concerned about my fitness level, so my main goal is gently starting to run again, and to maintain my weight over a longer period of time.
    We have a huge garden (to Belgian standards) and grow our own vegetables. I love cooking.
    We are 'flexitarians'... Most day we eat vegetarian, but sometimes (often when my husband cooked) we eat fish or chicken. (I ate strictly vegetarian when I learned to cook, and I'm still not really good at preparing meat-meals.)
    I'm sure I won't be able to keep myself from jumping into some of the discussions here, so you'll get to know me better over the next few weeks...
  • RodaRose
    Welcome @AnneTanne0 :) Great to hear about the garden, especially that the two you work it together. What crops grow best for you?
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    @RodaRose - I've a greenhouse with 35 different tomatoes (most heirlooms), we have too much zucchini to eat them all, and our green beans always give us a decent harvest. And this summer, our sweet corn is abundant...
  • BBee5064
    Great to have you back in the group. Maybe you could start a discussion on growing vegetables? I certainly one that would benefit from that knowledge