New members

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Fabulous to have such an abundance of results. <3 I love heirloom tomatoes.
    We had a brand I used to see called Ugly Tomatoes.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=UglyRipes&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM2r7R2OXVAhVh1oMKHby5CisQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1360&bih=705

Do you can or preserve them in some way for the winter?
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    @RodaRose... Your 'Ugly Tomato' looks a bit like the 'Tlacolula' I'm growing this year: https://www.google.be/search?q=tlacolula+tomato
    As a member of a 'LETS' community (Local Exchange and Trade System), I swap a part of my harvest for other goods/services.
    And I dry part of my harvest, and cook a tomatosauce for the freezer. Haven't canned them yet.
  • rcreynol3090
    rcreynol3090 Posts: 174 Member
    Howdy! I'm new to the group, been on MFP a week now. Had a kick in the butt from Reality in June, by way of several blocked arteries at age 59. July 18 had two bypass grafts put in, and have been busy drastically revising my eating habits and exercise habits (formerly mostly recliner sitting interspersed with bouts of huffing and puffing).
    Anyway, I'm in NE Oklahoma, originally from Georgia. Live on 20 acres of sandstone and oaks, with chickens, ducks, geese, guineas, peafowl, goats and three big dogs to guard the other critters. Currently working for a community bank as an Internal Auditor. Happily married for almost 16 years to a wonderful woman who is helping me on this quest to get healthy.
    -rcr
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Howdy! I'm new to the group, been on MFP a week now. Had a kick in the butt from Reality in June, by way of several blocked arteries at age 59. July 18 had two bypass grafts put in, and have been busy drastically revising my eating habits and exercise habits (formerly mostly recliner sitting interspersed with bouts of huffing and puffing).
    Anyway, I'm in NE Oklahoma, originally from Georgia. Live on 20 acres of sandstone and oaks, with chickens, ducks, geese, guineas, peafowl, goats and three big dogs to guard the other critters. Currently working for a community bank as an Internal Auditor. Happily married for almost 16 years to a wonderful woman who is helping me on this quest to get healthy.
    -rcr

Welcome to our group
    Feel free to post any discussions
    We look forward to getting to know you
  • lady_tasia
    lady_tasia Posts: 13 Member
    Hi, I've been on and off here for a few months now. I'm down 9 pounds eating twice as much food as I ate before tracking here. Apparently eating more is actually working for me. I have also had problems with the MyBlog as my friends do not appear to be able to read them. Any clue on how to get those to be visible to others?

Thanks,
    -Tasia
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    -rcr

I am in NW Arkansas, so we are practically neighbors!

Welcome!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,055 Member
    -rcr

Welcome to the group. Several of us here are heart attack survivors, and are going through the same road to recovery.
  • lrhudgins
    lrhudgins Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi there. New to the group, fairly new to MFP. Nice to meet you! I'm a retired librarian/Navy veteran from Asheville NC. Started out my journey at just under 220 lbs. This morning I hit 179. At 58 years young, I think of my weight loss as a minor miracle. I look forward to hearing about your health goals, your successes, and the way that all this has changed your outlook for the future. :)
  • BBee5064
    lrhudgins wrote: »
    Hi there. New to the group, fairly new to MFP. Nice to meet you! I'm a retired librarian/Navy veteran from Asheville NC. Started out my journey at just under 220 lbs. This morning I hit 179. At 58 years young, I think of my weight loss as a minor miracle. I look forward to hearing about your health goals, your successes, and the way that all this has changed your outlook for the future. :)

Welcome to our group. We look forward to to getting to know you x
  • RodaRose
    @lrhudgins Welcome. Congrats on your weight loss :mrgreen:
  • Hi! New here and looking for any support (and to give support). Been battling my weight most of my life. Tired of being fat and tired, blah blah blah :)
  • RodaRose
    Hi, @CaterpillartoButterfly65 Welcome. :) Good luck. <3
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,055 Member
    Welcome to the group. We all float down here. No, wait, that's from something else. Anyway, that's the sort of humour you can expect.
  • BBee5064
    Farback wrote: »
    Welcome to the group. We all float down here. No, wait, that's from something else. Anyway, that's the sort of humour you can expect.

I concur
  • BBee5064
    Hi! New here and looking for any support (and to give support). Been battling my weight most of my life. Tired of being fat and tired, blah blah blah :)

Welcome aboard :)
  • eastbaygal
    eastbaygal Posts: 7 Member
    Greetings! I have been all over the internet looking for a support group that is active. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2007 and did really well - mostly because of an online support group. Well, the group fell apart and three years ago I was overwhelmed by many stressors and put back on some of the weight. My life has settled down, and I would like to see if I can get this extra weight off. Hope this can be my new home! :)
  • BBee5064
    eastbaygal wrote: »
    Greetings! I have been all over the internet looking for a support group that is active. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2007 and did really well - mostly because of an online support group. Well, the group fell apart and three years ago I was overwhelmed by many stressors and put back on some of the weight. My life has settled down, and I would like to see if I can get this extra weight off. Hope this can be my new home! :)

Welcome to our group. This will definitely be your new support group.
    We look forward to getting to know you better xx
  • RodaRose
    Hi @eastbaygal ! Wishing you well :)
  • Evalen306
    Evalen306 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm new, Just a little sheep, looking to shed a few pounds of wool. I am not really fat, I'm just wooly :) I live in NH. I am doing the Diet Free Life, 21 day challenge, only lost half a pound this week. Its not my fault, it was that Turkey that did it. He said he was good for me, but forgot to tell me about his pals, potato, stuffing and pumpkin pie. Oh well now I am off to a new start, with tracking this time. Have a great day.