Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Chena83 wrote: »
    Today was another good day... calories 1310. I am going to try to stay around that number. Over the weekend I started squating when I use the restroom to get a little calorie burn. I am able to hold the squat longer each time it seems. I hired a personal trainer to help me with my form for SL.5X5. I went back on the history on my scale of fat %. I have went from 51% - 44%; weight is 215-205. What do you all think, is that a good thing?

I love SL5x5! Great idea to have trainer teach form. Fantastic job on body fat and weight change! It sounds like you are doing awesome!
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Headed out for a stressful trip. My mother-in-law died last night so a two day drive. A week or so with family and tons of Me I can food. (No real options. I'll be doing tortilla free enchiladas I guess or chili teller is or taco salad. I can make it work. But the stress..... augh!

Went WAY over in calories today but ended up over 80% fat. Won't complain.

Safe travels and peace for you and your loved ones.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day 17/28 we are just moving along with this challenge! Time is going by quickly and it seems like most people are having success! Great job it on the support and motivation of others! I love challenges because everybody is attempting to meet the same type of goals!

Suggestion for today do something for you today! Maybe relax in an Epson salt bath or take some time and curl up and read one of your favorite books. Get a Mani or Pedi!

Have a great day!

Mary
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hello! I haven't checked in for a few days...I'm still going strong! I have no idea how much I've lost, but I know I've gained endurance and energy! Gone is the carb withdrawal! That was a rough one, and eye opening. I won't be doing that again anytime soon!

Push-ups! I only did fifteen yesterday so I really need to step it up today!! I'd like to get to a hundred by the end of the month, or ten floor ones. I'd almost prefer staying with bench style, it puts less strain on the pelvic floor...

Happy Tuesday!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @SuperCarLori you're doing fantastic! Great goal with the push-ups!
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The suitcase is unpacked with practically no damage done. Still no more weight loss but no gain either. Good to catch up with all of your posts. Keep up the great work!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    The suitcase is unpacked with practically no damage done. Still no more weight loss but no gain either. Good to catch up with all of your posts. Keep up the great work!

Welcome back! That was a very successful outcome!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    The family went out to eat tonight and I sat there and honestly there was NOTHING on the menu that could even be tweaked to work. Did my best with the food. Had good conversation at least. Talked running with a niece and nephew. Everyone thought we were nuts. lol Tomorrow is Mexican food so maybe I'll find a taco salad or something there.

LONG drive to get here. It takes forever to drive the entire way across Texas.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    The family went out to eat tonight and I sat there and honestly there was NOTHING on the menu that could even be tweaked to work. Did my best with the food. Had good conversation at least. Talked running with a niece and nephew. Everyone thought we were nuts. lol Tomorrow is Mexican food so maybe I'll find a taco salad or something there.

LONG drive to get here. It takes forever to drive the entire way across Texas.

Food choices are so hard on the road. Take care and safe travels.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Think I'm about 4 days or so in on a redo, basic keto plan. So about a week and a half left to go til I'm past the worst of my carb and relapse vulnerability time zone.
    Still feeling determined and fierce about it, and am back to my initial draconian keto plan for the duration of these two weeks, maybe longer.
    I have this now or never type feeling, that if I don't get back on track, I could be at risk of another total yo-yo experience.
    I was willing to lose some ground as I experimented with maintenance and living my life...but enough is enough!
    I'm not going to be one of those statistics of regaining all of my 145 pounds lost, and then more on top of that!
    No way. No how!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @elize7 I'm glad that you feel like you've got this WOE under control. Congratulations on your initial loss! That shows a lot of determination and hard work! I know that you can do this!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day 18/28 happy Wednesday everyone! Nearing the end of the third week. By now I hope everyone has gotten this WOE into a nice pattern. It usually takes 21 days to develop a new habit. Hopefully this will change from a habit to a lifestyle for those that want that. Remember this isn't easy, change is hard, it takes time. If we mess up just pick ourselves up and keep going!

Suggestion for today is to re-evaluate what you hope to accomplish and rededicate yourself to this challenge or WOE. This is a mental push towards accomplishing your goals!

Have a great day!

May
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn Sorry to hear of the death of your mother-in-law. My sympathies to you and your husband. Eating during stressful family death events can be dicey. My "go to" foods that are often on menus - shrimp cocktail, fajitas, salad with grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp, a burger with a lettuce bun and veggie side instead of fries. As I mentioned in an earlier post, most restaurants will fix you what you want if you just ask: "I will have a grilled chicken breast and a house salad with Blue Cheese dressing on the side, please". They can figure it out for you. Be proactive and you will get through this! We've got your back.

Karen in Virginia

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Zuzurillo - I have a friend whose wife is using Fenugreek as a natural protocol to minimize hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms after an early hysterectomy. There is also an odd protocol that uses raw carrots, away from other food intake in the body, to help regulate hormones. It's making it's way around the PCOS community currently. 2 medium raw carrots a day - and if you use NET carbs, you can work this in to a higher level keto plan... But the Fenugreek is getting some great reviews on efficacy.

P.S. I haven't seen any posts after this, so you might have already gotten better answers.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Chena83 wrote: »
    TMI question. I take mag malate 1 tab 2x a day (morning and early afternoon), potassium g powder, sodium 1 g 3x, Ox Bile (I don't have a gallbladder) and a nice variety of Omgas, mulits etc. When I wake up in the morning, I have an EMERGENT erg to #2 and when I so it's diarriah. Today I notice that it looks gel like. We CANNOT poop fat right? Adipose is a cell in the body that shrinks or expands. I am trying to figure this out. Any suggestions or experience?

Today's macro look good. Only ate once and not hungry. I was surprised to see how forceful my husband was to make me eat. He loves me so...

Try using a combination of Ox Bile and Digestive Enzymes. You absolutely CAN poop fat, and it looks like how you describe - and most of the time, it floats, too. Sometimes the water even looks oily.

I recently uncovered a recommendation to increase my dosage of supplement (I take NOW Brand Super Enzymes, which has ox bile and the enzymes stuff), and the recommendation is 1 pill per meal. Well, one of the low carb/keto gurus who recommends this supplement suggested in some random blog that if you're still having major diarrhea, dumping, or food intolerances to up your dose to 2 pills a meal.

OMG, let me tell you, as a fellow non-gallbladder patient, this is changing my life.

It had gotten so bad that any raw greens triggered food sickness like expulsions within 30 minutes.

You CANNOT absorb things like B12 or Iron or Vitamin D properly without being able to break them down for absorption. @Chena83 So please, do some research and see if you think this might help you!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Carly thanks for all the information that you provide to everyone on here! So glad that you are here with us!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Thank you, @fanncy0626 - I'm just paying it forward in honor of all those who've helped me thus far. :) Hopefully folks here will do the same.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Eating during stressful family death events can be dicey. My "go to" foods that are often on menus - shrimp cocktail, fajitas, salad with grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp, a burger with a lettuce bun and veggie side instead of fries.

I actually had to laugh when I read this. Shrimp cocktail? I bet they don't even know what it is. Salad is all pasta salad or a Mexican rice salad. Lettuce seems to be an anomoly. In this town the choices are: 6 six down Mexican food restaurants. 3 fast(er) food mexican restaurants (like burrito places) and a Sonic drive in. That's it. The thing is we can't just go off to sonic and order a double cheeseburger without a bun... we are talking 15 family members and that isn't an option. We ate at a Mexican food place and I ordered fajitas and asked for no tortillas and could they bring me some lettuce instead.... um, no. They didn't bring the tortillas but they gave me about 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce and said that's all I could have. Oooookay, then the fajita meat was so smothered in sauce (really? fajitas?) that it was carb loaded. Anyway I did the best I could. We have been trying to direct the fixing of food or fixing our own here at the home but that's not working because it is a huge fight because everyone else is doing only low-fat and thinks butter is from hell. It's interesting. We just keep quiet and then when we have to run errands pick up snacks that work or go through Sonic. lol Trying to make it work but wow, stress enough about the death and funeral (not until Friday), the family fights about "what to do about Dad" (um, nothing, he is healthy and totally functional mentally stop trying to put him in a nursing home!) that stress about food is not worth it. But my husband and I are staying as close to 20 grams of carbs as possible. Tomorrow night is a family Mexican meal and I'm already planning what direction I'm going....

okay, venting done.

Marcelyn

• fanncy0626
    Options
    @bannierooster congratulations! That is great news! Happy dance!