Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Day 19/28 I was thinking of counting backwards from 10 today because that's how many days we have left of this challenge. Hopefully by now everybody has the kinks worked out of this way of eating. Weight seems to be dropping for most people. I know most of the sugar withdrawals should be over. And I hope that you are prepping for upcoming events and celebrations!

Suggestion for the day try to get outside and enjoy yourself even if it's icky outside!

Make it a great day!

Mary
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Still on plan. medium purple ketostix, staying true to carbs/cals. Lost 1 more pound.
    Appetite and cravings are improving, but still not out if the woods on that. Vigilance level: high.
    Still waiting for a call regarding the body/mind yoga people, but I spoke with someone who indicated i might be able to start as early as next week. That would be so good.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Marcelyn LOL! Well, you may not eat a vegetable all week, but if you leave the tortillas and rice alone, pick the meat out of the sauce, and eat the fats and the cheeses, at least you will be low carb! You may not poop for a week, and may dream about vegetables, but by golly the carbs will be low! Good luck!

Karen in Virginia
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow. Yesterday was a day... I am sore. It was a great day with my macros. I think I was a little under in protien. Other than that... FEELING GREAT ABOUT MY WOE. I am not hungry and really do not want sweets. Water up to 130 oz... feeling great.
  • ashliedeee
    ashliedeee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is finally feeling easier.
    I'm down to 20:4 IF
    Cravings are minimal, hunger is minimal
    Still not feeling overly energetic but I'm sure it will come
    Just started magnesium supplements and upped my water intake
    I can do this
    WE can do this
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I love eating this way! I made a cheese crust pizza with pepperoni! Delicious!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Egg and chorizo breakfast. Toss-up for lunch, taco bar and finger foods after the funeral. Ought to be okay today. We scoured the town for some macadamia nuts. Not a single one in town. Seriously. Probably better because I'm just not stress eating as a result. Lol. It has been hard to get fat though. Plenty of protein. I do know tomorrow I'm breaking and going whole-hog green enchiladas tortillas and all with a fried egg on top. I'll go out if Ketosis but really, I can't hold out on homemade New Nexican green chili enchiladas forever...... lol. But I'm trying to be good until then.

I do love eating this way too. It's just easier when you aren't traveling in little towns with only one style of food option. Lol
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Marcelyn you are doing fantastic! Hugs to you and your family!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day 20/28 we are coming up on the end of the third week! You all are doing fantastic! I don't most of the day at a golf meet with Grandson. Everyone have a great day!

Suggestion for today eating a keto diet has great health benefits investigate what it can do for you! Curing cancer as well as Alzheimer's! Ketones are amazing!

Have a great day!

Mary
  • elize7
    Options
    Had extra alcohol carbs last night, but danced for 2 hours. Hope that doesn't mess me up too bad. One pound up on the scale, but I think thats water from the carbs. We'll see in a couple days. Tonight's another dance night, then that's it for dance night til next Sunday.
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can't remember who but someone mentioned the book, 'The Keto Diet' by Leanne Vogel so I purchased it and have read it. There is a lot more options to Keto than I ever imagined. So happy to have found the diet and this accountability group!! Y'all inspire me!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I can't remember who but someone mentioned the book, 'The Keto Diet' by Leanne Vogel so I purchased it and have read it. There is a lot more options to Keto than I ever imagined. So happy to have found the diet and this accountability group!! Y'all inspire me!!

I'll have to read it! I am glad you are here with us!
  • Chena83
    Options
    Since I have started exercising, it has been hard to get my protien. It's almost 10 pm and I an eating my LAST 15 grams right now. I fast to that means I am going to have to wait a LONG time before I can eat. Tomorrow is my 2nd session with my trainer to do SL 5X5. I NEED MY MUSCLES!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Chena83 wrote: »
    Since I have started exercising, it has been hard to get my protien. It's almost 10 pm and I an eating my LAST 15 grams right now. I fast to that means I am going to have to wait a LONG time before I can eat. Tomorrow is my 2nd session with my trainer to do SL 5X5. I NEED MY MUSCLES!

I'm happy for you! Love SL's!
  • Chena83
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Chena83 wrote: »

I'm happy for you! Love SL's!

Thanks so much
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the absence. My carbs have been a little high-- but it's mostly from veggies. I need to cut back on the carrot and grape tomato. I WILL NOT cut out my sweet onion! I *might* put 1/4 cup raw sweet onion on my salads.
    I love my food-- can you tell?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day 21/28 last day of our third week! This challenge is going great for me and I hope everyone else feels the same. Make today a great one!

Suggestion for today if you can get out and enjoy the day with someone or animal that you love! I will be MIA today and most of tomorrow because I am going to enjoy the weekend with my daughter visiting!

Have a great day!

Mary
  • elize7
    Options
    Have a great time, Mary.
    Happy Mother's Day to my fitness pal Moms!!

I've recovered from my initial May challenge set back, and the week coming up seems to be good in terms of buckling down. No stressy filled social events til next Sunday. I'm hoping to be able to lose 2 more pounds this week, which would make me happy in light of challenging events going on in my life right now, but still I'd hoped to be furthur along.

Still, I'm sitting pretty for future success, and am rebuilding my own life. Maybe in a couple more months, I'll be able to enjoy myself again, finally be at my permanent goal weight; but for now, doing the work is helping me get through.

Good news is, even after a few drinks last night I'm light purple on the keto sticks. If I'm extra lucky, I'll shed a couple pounds of water weight this week as alcohol makes me retain for a couple days...and also some fat weight from keto would make it extra nice.

My job starts up sgain this week, a much needed relief from my mind ruminating 24/7.
    Could work out to be a good week.
  • ashliedeee
    ashliedeee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has been mentioned here (being lazy and not bothering to scroll through posts, sorry :3) but 2 Keto Dudes podcast and The Big Fat Surprise book by Nina Teicholz are great resources :) #keepcalmandketoon
  • Chena83
    Options
    Does anyone find it hard to get in all your food when you exercise?

On a happy-exciting note, I DEADLIFTED 75 LBS TODAY. I am soooo excited about it. I was on target for everything today. Water up to 127 oz today. The scale is FINALLY reading 39% water. The manual said people should be at least 40%. I improved from 36%.....I think. Lol.