Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

Options

Replies

• kimannhodge
    kimannhodge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Can I join your team? I am just beginning. Years ago I was somewhat successful and I am trying again.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Can I join your team? I am just beginning. Years ago I was somewhat successful and I am trying again.

Definitely! You can jump in here anytime with questions or motivation for others or post how you've done for the day! You might want to read up on some of them links that are on here for recipes and food ideas. Definitely there are a lot of people on here that can give advice if you need it. Good luck with your new WOE (way of eating)!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I made the cream cheese Jell-O with in almond crust. It was very delicious! No one would know that it is sugar free and almond crust is perfect! Recipe is from page3 from the recipe thread I posted at the beginning of this thread.
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I MADE IT THROUGH THE WEEKEND STILL KETO STRONG. Whoop whoop!!!! Played some Just Dance with the kids and broke a sweat.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Chena83 wrote: »
    I MADE IT THROUGH THE WEEKEND STILL KETO STRONG. Whoop whoop!!!! Played some Just Dance with the kids and broke a sweat.

You are doing fantastic! Love dancing! I'm sure your kids enjoyed having fun with you! I miss those days. Thank God for grandchildren!
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Had a flu bug last night. Blech. No extra exercise for me today, but staying with mt WOE.
    Cal:1499
    Net Carb: 25
    Fat: 99
    Protein: 83

Making seared sea scallops and a HUGE tossed salad for dinner. Yum!
  • kendallvon
    Options
    Oh, and Mary? Your dessert looks delish!!! You said you posted it? Where?
  • fanncy0626
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here is the recipe link that I got the recipe for the cream cheese Jell-O pie! I think it's on page 2 or three! It didn't say what size Jell-O to use so I used the 3 ounce one but both my husband and I think that we would use the larger one next time. They talk about the almond crust on there as well. They say to make it like a gram cracker crust.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10044905/share-your-original-recipes#latest
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    kendallvon wrote: »
    Had a flu bug last night. Blech. No extra exercise for me today, but staying with mt WOE.
    Cal:1499
    Net Carb: 25
    Fat: 99
    Protein: 83

Making seared sea scallops and a HUGE tossed salad for dinner. Yum!

Excellent job! Especially with you not feeling well. I hope your dinner was extra delicious and you will be feeling better tomorrow!
  • colosky17
    colosky17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Anyone use Avocado Oil? I bought some on a whim, says it's for high temp cooking, which can happen around here... flames, burning, etc... lol Just curious if anyone had used it. Wondering about the taste. Will find out tonight.

I haven't cooked with it but have used it in place of salad dressing and it was really good!

• Chena83
    Options
    Tell me please how this happens someone. I take CLA 3x a day, 1tab each time, and my mucle mass weight keeps increasing with no exercise ,2 lbs increase over the last 3 weeks, and my body fat has decrease 2.5% so far. I am HONESTLY REALLY SAD because the scale is not doing down like I want it to. It actually just went back up! My caleries vary between 1300-1600 a day, still no real exercise yet, carbs under 20, fat between 68-70%, protien between 26-28%.... I AM NOT GETTING THIS. I think I need some help at this point.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Chena83 wrote: »
    Tell me please how this happens someone. I take CLA 3x a day, 1tab each time, and my mucle mass weight keeps increasing with no exercise ,2 lbs increase over the last 3 weeks, and my body fat has decrease 2.5% so far. I am HONESTLY REALLY SAD because the scale is not doing down like I want it to. It actually just went back up! My caleries vary between 1300-1600 a day, still no real exercise yet, carbs under 20, fat between 68-70%, protien between 26-28%.... I AM NOT GETTING THIS. I think I need some help at this point.

Sorry I can't help you! Maybe Karen or Carly might know.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Chena Concerning the diarrhea, the magnesium is suspect. For example, Milk of Mag and Citrate of Mag are used for constipation and even for bowel preps. I take one Mag Citrate capsule a day and wouldn't dream of taking more than that. Concerning your lack of weight loss, I am not sure what the problem is. Maybe try sticking to 1300 calories. Weigh EVERYTHING including fats, salad dressings, etc. rather than use cups or measuring spoons to measure. And no bites, licks, or tastes. Give it another week and see how it goes...good luck!

Carly Thanks for the links.

3 lbs lost this week! I didn't weigh until a week ago because I didn't want to count the water weight whoosh in my total weight loss, so I am counting 3 lbs total so far. Totally happy with this. I was lax with calories and carbs last 2 days, so the weight loss is very motivating to get back on track today. Looking forward to weighing in again next week.

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Karen congratulations on the weight loss! I'm glad that you had a great weekend! Losing weight does motivate us to continue on this weight-loss journey! I'm sure you will see great things next week!
  • fanncy0626
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Day 16/28 we are over halfway done now! Thanks to all of you that are participating this is a great motivational and supportive group of people! I have to say my husband ate half the pie all by himself! The pie was so good both of us are sure that we could bring that to an event and nobody would know that they're eating a sugar-free pie!

Suggestion for today if you haven't already try to add exercise or extra movement into your day! Try this new app I found Move Your App! You can set it for any interval of time and it will give you a motivational statement to get up and move or do something.

Make this a great day!

Mary
  • kendallvon
    Options
    Today was pretty good. Delicious low carb foodz. Clam Bacon Mushroom sauce over shirataki noodles with a tossed salad for dinner. 30 minutes of riding my bike done.
    Total calories: 1414
    Net Carbs: 24
    Fat: 91
    Protein 77
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Headed out for a stressful trip. My mother-in-law died last night so a two day drive. A week or so with family and tons of Me I can food. (No real options. I'll be doing tortilla free enchiladas I guess or chili teller is or taco salad. I can make it work. But the stress..... augh!

Went WAY over in calories today but ended up over 80% fat. Won't complain.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Headed out for a stressful trip. My mother-in-law died last night so a two day drive. A week or so with family and tons of Me I can food. (No real options. I'll be doing tortilla free enchiladas I guess or chili teller is or taco salad. I can make it work. But the stress..... augh!

So sorry for your loss! (((Hugs))) planning your food options shows great growth. I will be praying for you and your family.
  • Chena83
    Options
    Today was another good day... calories 1310. I am going to try to stay around that number. Over the weekend I started squating when I use the restroom to get a little calorie burn. I am able to hold the squat longer each time it seems. I hired a personal trainer to help me with my form for SL.5X5. I went back on the history on my scale of fat %. I have went from 51% - 44%; weight is 215-205. What do you all think, is that a good thing?
  • Chena83
    Options

Sorry for your loss. Sending positive energy to your husband and your families.