Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

Options

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm still alive, thanks for the accountability. :(

JK, I've been super busy around the house, shop and yard. Doing great today, I lowered fiber and am raising protein. It fills me better.

I'm doing well with calories and carbs. Nothing much else to add here...
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1608 calories (yikes!),24 net carbs,112 fat, 100 protein.
    Still chugging away on the exercise bike-- 30 min.
    Had a munchy day today. I know it was all mental hunger, but.... argh! Confessions of an emotional eater.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Cathy - congratulations! You are doing amazing! Good luck tomorrow!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kendall - you can do it! Stop, and refocus!
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Day 12/28 good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well with this challenge. Almost halfway there! The weekend is fast approaching. Hopefully you have mentally and physically equipped yourself to fight any temptation that might happening this weekend.

Suggestion for today is to mentally prepare yourself for what you would do at a special event you might be attending this weekend. Any treats or suggestions from people that have been at this for a while would be helpful! Mother's Day is coming up and lots of graduations. Usually all centered around food. Mentally I prepped by thinking about what food choices I will make and physically I bring snacks in my car with me or a keto type food to share.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary

Right on time. This weekend in another soccer tournament. This one will be out of town. I nees to meal prep for the whole weekend. Any quick recipes you can suggest?

Today was good. I am excited that I am increasing my water each week. For the last 2 days I have drank 82 oz or more. Yay!
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    KnitorMiss, thank you so much for the information and encouragement!

Marcelyn, you are too kind! 65 is quite a milestone and I am sure you will be gorgeous
    when you get there!

Cathy, Oh My Goodness!!! Way to go!!

Mary, thanks for giving the daily goals and keeping us all on track!

After my trip, I plan to make my first fat bombs and am really looking forward.
    I will miss keeping up with you guys this weekend! Take care!
  • ThinManRuning
    ThinManRuning Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    well being friday here in Aus i have been doing Keto for 10 days now, I have lost 2kg over that time, keeping carbs under 20g Total carbs each day.. not craving to much lately and only drink 1 or 2 days a week now (vodka and sugar free soft drink)....
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Chena83 wrote: »
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Day 12/28 good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well with this challenge. Almost halfway there! The weekend is fast approaching. Hopefully you have mentally and physically equipped yourself to fight any temptation that might happening this weekend.

Suggestion for today is to mentally prepare yourself for what you would do at a special event you might be attending this weekend. Any treats or suggestions from people that have been at this for a while would be helpful! Mother's Day is coming up and lots of graduations. Usually all centered around food. Mentally I prepped by thinking about what food choices I will make and physically I bring snacks in my car with me or a keto type food to share.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary

Right on time. This weekend in another soccer tournament. This one will be out of town. I nees to meal prep for the whole weekend. Any quick recipes you can suggest?

Today was good. I am excited that I am increasing my water each week. For the last 2 days I have drank 82 oz or more. Yay!

I usually cut up some type of meat, boiled eggs, nut butter or ranch with veggies, macadamia nuts, almonds, cheese crisps, fat bombs...if I eat out I check menus, steak, naked ribs and wings bacon cheese burger on lettuce...
    Great job on the water intake!
    After my trip, I plan to make my first fat bombs and am really looking forward.
    I will miss keeping up with you guys this weekend! Take care!

Have a great weekend and enjoy your fat bombs.
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Can't believe how great I feel with Keto! My workout today was awesome and I was able to jog on the treadmill nonstop for a mile then do intervals for another 1.5 miles all while feeling great! The shocker was that I wasn't too wiped out to get on the stair master for 10 minutes and do some ab work
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lemon Cloud Fat Bombs

4 tbsp butter
    4 tbsp virgin coconut oil
    2oz cream cheese
    4 tbsp heavy cream
    1 lemon, squeezed
    1 tsp lemon extract (optional, can also sub vanilla)
    sweetener to taste

Ice cube tray OR silicone mold (NOTE: the little paper cups will not work for this version- the batter is much thinner/more liquid and will seep through paper liners. Foil liners would work ok, but the paper ones will leave you with a very messy freezer!)

Start with the cream cheese, heating in short bursts in the microwave. Add butter and coconut oil and whisk until blended. Add cream last and whisk.

Squeeze in lemon. Add your extract now if you want to. I have used True Lemon instead of extract but done it both ways.

Sweeten to taste. Start slow. I used 4 packets of Splenda

Carefully pour into your tray and balance in your freezer overnight. Remember: if you use liners they need to be foil or silicone, paper will be a mess.

Pop out of the trays and put in a baggie. Store in the freezer.

My recipe/ingredients come out to:
    88 calories per bomb
    9 g fat
    1 g carbs
    0 fiber
    0 protein

Scan in your own ingredients as different cream cheeses have different values.
    I'm going to try it with key lime next....
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Marcelyn - thanks for the recipe! I am going to have to try those! They sound delicious!

@mznik114 i'm glad that you found that with eating Keto you have energy to do your workouts!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day 13/28 hello everyone! It sounds like people are focused on their eating plan and exercise. I find that I do eat the same things week after week but I was like that even when I wasn't eating Keto. I am going to challenge myself to try a new recipe this weekend.

Suggestion for today is to expand on yesterday's suggestion of getting ready for this weekend. Friday night and Saturday nights are generally difficult because of alcohol. I usually just go without. However, I have had my normal Colorado bulldog with diet Coke which to me is horrible so can limit that to one or none very easily! Prep snacks for road trips… Making a keto dish to share at a get together so for sure you have something to eat! Share your strategies here for others to learn from!

Have a great day!

Mary
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Lemon Cloud Fat Bombs

4 tbsp butter
    2oz cream cheese
    4 tbsp heavy cream
    1 lemon, squeezed
    sweetener to taste

Ice cube tray OR silicone mold (NOTE: the little paper cups will not work for this version- the batter is much thinner/more liquid and will seep through paper liners. Foil liners would work ok, but the paper ones will leave you with a very messy freezer!)

Start with the cream cheese, heating in short bursts in the microwave. Add butter and coconut oil and whisk until blended. Add cream last and whisk.

Squeeze in lemon. Add your extract now if you want to. I have used True Lemon instead of extract but done it both ways.

Carefully pour into your tray and balance in your freezer overnight. Remember: if you use liners they need to be foil or silicone, paper will be a mess.

88 calories per bomb
    9 g fat
    1 g carbs
    0 fiber
    0 protein

These are like a cross between my two favorite fat bombs.... Genaw's cream cheese clouds and my own traditional recipe I made. Haven't in AGES... Maybe this is the sign I should again. Guy and I both wanted ice cream last night, but instead with both ate jello fat bombs (more like creamy custard style yogurt)...it was a nice change of pace. Definitely satisfied.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Lemon Cloud Fat Bombs

4 tbsp butter
    2oz cream cheese
    4 tbsp heavy cream
    1 lemon, squeezed
    sweetener to taste

88 calories per bomb
    9 g fat
    1 g carbs
    0 fiber
    0 protein

These are like a cross between my two favorite fat bombs.... Genaw's cream cheese clouds and my own traditional recipe I made. Haven't in AGES... Maybe this is the sign I should again. Guy and I both wanted ice cream last night, but instead with both ate jello fat bombs (more like creamy custard style yogurt)...it was a nice change of pace. Definitely satisfied.

OK! Now I need that recipe as well if you don't mind sharing!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Sure, it's on my blog here. I'll go snag the link. My knock off Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana is pretty good, too!

Jello Fat Bombs: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/recipe-jello-fat-bombs-731743

P.S. this last time, I made them with half almond milk, half heavy cream because I only had one carton. I added an extra packet of jello, and they're just as good! :) I'd dial back the water just a titch if you do it, because as they sit, they do get a little runny...

Here's the most basic fat bomb I started with - cream cheese clouds - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/cream-cheese-clouds-recipe-728462

Here's the soup recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/copycat-olive-garden-zuppa-toscana-soup-recipe-739915

I even went back and tried the real thing about a year later, and OMG, this version is so much more flavorful and satisfying! Makes me wonder what my tastebuds used to think! LOL

Here are some coffee/tea variations that are more like a latte, etc. Even directions for how to do it frozen: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/primal-egg-coffee-tea-744092

Here was one I did about a diary dump/ideas to stay keto: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/partial-diary-info-kinda-751856

I'm sure I have more links stashed somewhere...
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Carly thanks for the links to the recipes! I will try one of those on Sunday as my new recipe for the week!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Wow, great links and recipes! Love it. The support here in this group is REAL and pertinent to our goals of being healthier. I like it!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @Marcelynh - There are a lot of the mental side of things on there, too, particularly in mid-2015 through 2016... I figured out a while back that if I got my mind right, the body couldn't help but follow!
  • Zuzurillo
    Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone! As I'm a "newbie" I so appreciate hearing everyone's ups and downs. I was wondering if I could get some comments on my plan from some of the long time keto members on this challenge. I'm 55 and have about another 20lbs to lose. I was always a low carb person but this past Holiday Season I put on weight that would not budge with normal low carb protocol, so I have switched to keto. In January I started having horrendous hot flashes; I was averaging 3 hrs of sleep a night. One month ago I started on a low dose HRT and I feel a million times better. Any other women out there in the same boat? I know the hormonal fluctuations with menopause throw a huge curve ball into weight loss, and have heard Keto is the ONLY way to go to help with body fat and overall wellness through this rollercoaster. My weight loss has been very slow (only 2 lbs down in this challange thus far) still but I'm feeling good and assuming that my body is just very slow to react to change. I've been tweaking things daily to try and find the right macros for me. Keto strips are registering deep purple as of yesterday, but was up a pound this morning :( I know keto strips aren't the most accurate but I don't think I'll go the finger prick route LOL. Thank you so much for any thoughts or comments!

From Keto App macro calculator: ( Me: 55 yrs female, moderate exercise, 5'3", body fat currently 34%) I tried to go lower on calories at 1200 but was going over and feeling guilty every day, so went to 1400 as suggested.
    1402 Calories
    4% Carbs/15g
    78% Fat/118g
    20% Protein/70g