Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

Options

Replies

• Zuzurillo
    Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Day 13/28 hello everyone! It sounds like people are focused on their eating plan and exercise. I find that I do eat the same things week after week but I was like that even when I wasn't eating Keto. I am going to challenge myself to try a new recipe this weekend.

Suggestion for today is to expand on yesterday's suggestion of getting ready for this weekend. Friday night and Saturday nights are generally difficult because of alcohol. I usually just go without. However, I have had my normal Colorado bulldog with diet Coke which to me is horrible so can limit that to one or none very easily! Prep snacks for road trips… Making a keto dish to share at a get together so for sure you have something to eat! Share your strategies here for others to learn from!

Have a great day!

Mary

Brilliant idea to order a cocktail that you don't really like! I'm going to steal that one. You can still feel like you are "participating" and ward off any comments/pestering about "Just order ONE drink!" from your friends LOL! What is a Colorado bulldog by the way? I think I'll throw a ton of salt into my margarita at the Cinco De Mayo party tonight - Hahaha!
  • Zuzurillo
    Options
    kendallvon wrote: »
    I just weighed in for week#2. -4.4 pounds for a total of -6.4 pounds for the challenge!! I told my DH that I didn't want to go out for Mother's Day. I'm finally taking off the Christmas goody bloat. Huzzah!!!

So impressed!! Great job!
  • Zuzurillo
    Options
    Chena83 wrote: »
    I am sore from yesterday. Today was a better day. I was over on fat amd protien today.

How did you all get into exercise?

It sounds ridiculous in a way but I am one of those people who tried EVERYTHING hoping something would "stick". I'm the Queen of "inconsistent consistency" LOL My best results have been with home workout DVD/Streaming. But, as of January I joined an Orange Theory studio and it has really clicked with me. I figured out that I actually don't like to "socialize" when I work out but am lazy when left to my own devices ( DVD's have gathered dust...) Orange Theory, for me, is a great combo of a no frills workout where I'm with other people/coach for the "push" but I don't have to worry about chit chat.
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Total Calories: 1526
    Net Carbs: 29
    Fat: 104
    Protein: 93

Got 20 minutes of walking in-- better than nothing!
    Did much better with my appetite today XD
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Zuzurillo wrote: »
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Day 13/28 hello everyone! It sounds like people are focused on their eating plan and exercise. I find that I do eat the same things week after week but I was like that even when I wasn't eating Keto. I am going to challenge myself to try a new recipe this weekend.

Suggestion for today is to expand on yesterday's suggestion of getting ready for this weekend. Friday night and Saturday nights are generally difficult because of alcohol. I usually just go without. However, I have had my normal Colorado bulldog with diet Coke which to me is horrible so can limit that to one or none very easily! Prep snacks for road trips… Making a keto dish to share at a get together so for sure you have something to eat! Share your strategies here for others to learn from!

Have a great day!

Mary

Brilliant idea to order a cocktail that you don't really like! I'm going to steal that one. You can still feel like you are "participating" and ward off any comments/pestering about "Just order ONE drink!" from your friends LOL! What is a Colorado bulldog by the way? I think I'll throw a ton of salt into my margarita at the Cinco De Mayo party tonight - Hahaha!

The Colorado bulldog is vodka Kahlúa, a dash of cream, and a squirt of Coke. But when I am eating keto I order Diet Coke to keep the carbs down. And I hate Diet Coke so I'm lucky if I drink even half of the drink. I don't know though I think it might be pretty hard to mess up a margarita! LOL
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    TMI question. I take mag malate 1 tab 2x a day (morning and early afternoon), potassium g powder, sodium 1 g 3x, Ox Bile (I don't have a gallbladder) and a nice variety of Omgas, mulits etc. When I wake up in the morning, I have an EMERGENT erg to #2 and when I so it's diarriah. Today I notice that it looks gel like. We CANNOT poop fat right? Adipose is a cell in the body that shrinks or expands. I am trying to figure this out. Any suggestions or experience?

Today's macro look good. Only ate once and not hungry. I was surprised to see how forceful my husband was to make me eat. He loves me so...
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Carly any insight to the above post? I can't help.
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    TMI question. I take mag malate 1 tab 2x a day (morning and early afternoon), potassium g powder, sodium 1 g 3x, Ox Bile (I don't have a gallbladder) and a nice variety of Omgas, mulits etc. When I wake up in the morning, I have an EMERGENT erg to #2 and when I so it's diarriah. Today I notice that it looks gel like. We CANNOT poop fat right? Adipose is a cell in the body that shrinks or expands. I am trying to figure this out. Any suggestions or experience?

Today's macro look good. Only ate once and not hungry. I was surprised to see how forceful my husband was to make me eat. He loves me so...

Do you have a history of IBS? Mucous in the stool is generally nothing to worry too much about, especially with diarrhea. It helps "move things along". BUT if you develop fever, dehydration, or notice blood, that's not normal and you should call your doc. If this is so much as to be alarming, call your doc. Hope this helps.
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    kendallvon wrote: »

Do you have a history of IBS? Mucous in the stool is generally nothing to worry too much about, especially with diarrhea. It helps "move things along". BUT if you develop fever, dehydration, or notice blood, that's not normal and you should call your doc. If this is so much as to be alarming, call your doc. Hope this helps.

No ma'am I do not have IBS. Thanks sooooo much for the insight. I will keep my eye in it.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day 14/28 this is the last day of our second full week! After today we will be halfway done with this challenge!

Suggestion for today is to put your plan to work! Hopefully you have planned some strategies for this weekend to troubleshoot any temptations that might come up!

Have a great day!

Mary
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Anyone use Avocado Oil? I bought some on a whim, says it's for high temp cooking, which can happen around here... flames, burning, etc... lol Just curious if anyone had used it. Wondering about the taste. Will find out tonight.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Anyone use Avocado Oil? I bought some on a whim, says it's for high temp cooking, which can happen around here... flames, burning, etc... lol Just curious if anyone had used it. Wondering about the taste. Will find out tonight.

I've never tried it! You'll have to let us know what it taste like.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone. Death in the family this week so I've been a little MIA. Mostly on plan tho...sticking to my macros. Didn't t eat much today..fat sodium and calories are all low, and tonight my weight is up a bit from yesterday. (It's also TOM.) funeral is Monday and I know there will be lots of temptations after when the fam gets together.
    I need to take my measurements:/ maybe tomorrow.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    mjj79 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Death in the family this week so I've been a little MIA. Mostly on plan tho...sticking to my macros. Did t eat much today..fat sodium and calories are all low, and tonight my weight is up a bit from yesterday. (It's also TOM.) funeral is Monday and I know there will be lots of temptations after when the fam gets together.
    I need to take my measurements:/ maybe tomorrow.

I'm sorry for your loss. Just take care of yourself!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    mjj79 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Death in the family this week so I've been a little MIA.

So sorry for your loss. Take care and don't stress about the food. Take a snack you can eat without guilt or drink tons of water whenever you get tempted. Mostly take care of yourself and those that need you. There are times when food concerns take a back seat because there are other things of importance.

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Jumping back in with good news. It took 24 hours for the trace ketone levels to show up on my ketostix. That's 48 hours faster than my last time when I first started again 2 years ago. Encouraging, after such a sporadic year on and off keto this year.
    I'm behind my goal, but have lost 4.4 pounds as of this morning and am hoping for another little whoosh as I get going.

My revised goals for this challenge are to slow down. Whenever I have been able to be successful over the years doing versions of Atkins, low carb, protein sparing modified fast, or Keto, I've always noted it takes about 2 weeks to get to a steady spot for consistant losing.
    Just because I feel frantic from so many stops and starts this past year, and because I've regained about 25 of 135 lbs, doesn't mean I should neglect this adjustment phase.
    So, for the remaining two weeks, just get back to a steady place of eating for future losses, while readjusting to my current keto plan. If I do that, and dont even lose anything else, but am set up for a rocking June loss challenge...that will be a great success in my mind.
    Feels good to see even that trace level on the ketostix. Can't deny it.
  • bolsen777
    bolsen777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    After two weeks I'm finally comfortable with my macros. I'm amazed how I'm not tempered by sugars any more (I keep coming home from work to my kids making homemade cookies). I've appreciated all the recipes that have been shared. Still struggling some day to get the fat I need without overdoing protein, so I'm going to try Lemon Cloud bombs. Oh, best news is after being stalled for weeks, I've lost 8 pounds over the last two weeks and it's been effortless. Thanks for this awesome community!!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    bolsen777 wrote: »
    After two weeks I'm finally comfortable with my macros. I'm amazed how I'm not tempered by sugars any more (I keep coming home from work to my kids making homemade cookies). I've appreciated all the recipes that have been shared. Still struggling some day to get the fat I need without overdoing protein, so I'm going to try Lemon Cloud bombs. Oh, best news is after being stalled for weeks, I've lost 8 pounds over the last two weeks and it's been effortless. Thanks for this awesome community!!!

That's absolutely fantastic! Congratulations on your loss! I am going to try making a sugar-free Jell-O cream cheese pie with almond crust. We will have to compare how are recipes turn out!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Jumping back in with good news. It took 24 hours for the trace ketone levels to show up on my ketostix. That's 48 hours faster than my last time when I first started again 2 years ago. Encouraging, after such a sporadic year on and off keto this year.
    I'm behind my goal, but have lost 4.4 pounds as of this morning and am hoping for another little whoosh as I get going.

My revised goals for this challenge are to slow down. Whenever I have been able to be successful over the years doing versions of Atkins, low carb, protein sparing modified fast, or Keto, I've always noted it takes about 2 weeks to get to a steady spot for consistant losing.
    Just because I feel frantic from so many stops and starts this past year, and because I've regained about 25 of 135 lbs, doesn't mean I should neglect this adjustment phase.
    So, for the remaining two weeks, just get back to a steady place of eating for future losses, while readjusting to my current keto plan. If I do that, and dont even lose anything else, but am set up for a rocking June loss challenge...that will be a great success in my mind.
    Feels good to see even that trace level on the ketostix. Can't deny it.

You are doing fantastic! Ketones! Nice loss as well! You are definitely going to rock the rest of this month as well as June!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day 15/28 Day one of week three! We are all doing fantastic in our own ways. Thanks everybody for your input and motivation to others. It's so nice having people on here that have been eating this way for a long time. Great to have their expertise.

Suggestion for today is to continue with your temptation control strategies and try a new recipe if you have a chance today. I am going to make the Jell-O cream cheese pie that is in the thread on page 1.

Have a Great day everyone!

Mary