Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome aboard @brittdee88 we can do this.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I'd love to get in on the "unrealistic" goal train, too! I would be thrilled if I could get to 149 by the end of July. That would be 30 pounds down for me as well. I'm with you ladies, @mistymeadows2005 @tlblanksfit @minigrrll !

LOVE IT! Let's do it ladies!
  • mistymeadows2005
    g5ekedehtvdl.jpg

Last night's OMAD - these are 2 GIANT pita sandwiches. I love the recipe for this filling - sometimes I use it as a dip, and it's just as good! It consists of chicken, 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cheddar (I used mostly FF cheddar b/c I just need the flavor, the texture is hidden in the mix...i did use a little regular though), diced onion, diced jalepeno, black pepper and LOTS OF CUMIN. I love cumin but i often forget about it in the day to day of OMADing. There was 3 cups of filling between these 2 sandwiches, and WITH the pita it was about 910 calories. I had some snacks and a few cocktails with it so it came out to 1690 calories total give or take :)

ALSO - ironically after pushing water for 2.5 days straight to try to get rid of this bloating, what ends up working? A few cocktails and a regular (as opposed to low sodium) meal. Who'da thunk?!?!? Maybe a little more bloat to shed but it should be gone by tomorrow (THANK SWEET BABY JESUS).

Happy Friday OMADers!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    Great steady progress, very motivating!

Thank you! :) and welcome back! You know we've gotcha covered ;)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Your pita looks absolutely mouthwatering! Wow! Mmmmm, mmmmm! Yes, more booze to rid salt weight FTW!!! Thinking of adding in a small glass of red wine a couple of times a week, you know, to help lower my cholesterol. lolol
  • mistymeadows2005
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Your pita looks absolutely mouthwatering! Wow! Mmmmm, mmmmm! Yes, more booze to rid salt weight FTW!!! Thinking of adding in a small glass of red wine a couple of times a week, you know, to help lower my cholesterol. lolol

I SUPPORT THAT DECISION :D:D LOL

The pitas were amazing and my sister had leftovers when she got home from work (after I was asleep) - I'm going to be living with her for a little while until my place is ready and I'm cooking while she does dishes and she LOVED THESE. WIN! :) I'm telling you, make it as a dip and then scoop with veggies and it's SO LOW CALORIE and satisfying - give me a sec and I'll post the recipe :)

PS We should totally make an OMAD recipes thread - thoughts?
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    edited July 2017
    I feel like apart of this group with all the Michigan peeps. I'm Canadian but I can wave at you all if your in Detroit, I live 3km from there in Windsor Ontario!
  • wsandy8512
    shans34 wrote: »
    I feel like apart of this group with all the Michigan peeps. I'm Canadian but I can wave at you all if your in Detroit, I live 3km from there in Windsor Ontario!

I'm a Michigan peep, too--stuck in a Florida world. hahaha

• wsandy8512

The pitas were amazing and my sister had leftovers when she got home from work (after I was asleep) - I'm going to be living with her for a little while until my place is ready and I'm cooking while she does dishes and she LOVED THESE. WIN! :) I'm telling you, make it as a dip and then scoop with veggies and it's SO LOW CALORIE and satisfying - give me a sec and I'll post the recipe :)

Me likey your recipe thread idea! And yes, please do post the recipe so I can make a dip with it. :-)

• mistymeadows2005

You are literally seconds away from me LOL - I work right outside of Detroit! :) AND my parents live in Port Huron, ALSO only seconds away from Canada!

HI NEIGHBOR!!!!!

You couldn't see me, but I waved ;)
  • mistymeadows2005

Me likey your recipe thread idea! And yes, please do post the recipe so I can make a dip with it. :-)

DONE! NEW THREAD ON IT'S WAY! :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member

You are literally seconds away from me LOL - I work right outside of Detroit! :) AND my parents live in Port Huron, ALSO only seconds away from Canada!

HI NEIGHBOR!!!!!

You couldn't see me, but I waved ;)

Was that you in the bright orange neon shirt? Lol!!!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    @mistymeadows2005 great idea for a recipe thread!
    @wsandy8512 I'm in Florida, too!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member

Hahahaha! My kind of cholesterol lowering plan...
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    And I'm a Canadian stuck in Australia (though from Winnipeg, not close to Michigan. We did get Detroit TV when I was a kid though - does that count?)
  • wsandy8512
    minigrrll wrote: »
    And I'm a Canadian stuck in Australia (though from Winnipeg, not close to Michigan. We did get Detroit TV when I was a kid though - does that count?)

Yes, yes it does! You're an honorary Michigander! :)
  • mistymeadows2005

#counts :D
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2017
    Metro Detroit here, by way of Tennessee!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    Metro Detroit here, by way of Tennessee!

No way! WHERE AT?!?!
  • mistymeadows2005

Hahahaha! My kind of cholesterol lowering plan...

Girl preach! :#