Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    New Baltimore, 23 mile and I 94, I work in Warren at the Tank Plant. I left TN at 17 yo to join the Army and 23 years later was stationed at Detroit Arsenal. Decided to retire and stay here for a while, got hired back as a civilian and life is good! How about you?
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    New Baltimore, 23 mile and I 94, I work in Warren at the Tank Plant. I left TN at 17 yo to join the Army and 23 years later was stationed at Detroit Arsenal. Decided to retire and stay here for a while, got hired back as a civilian and life is good! How about you?

OMG amazing! I'm in Port Huron right now but am moving to chesterfield in a few weeks... 25.5 and gratiot!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I work in troy but grew up in eastpoint so right near Warren!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Welcome neighbor!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Welcome neighbor!

Ditto! So cool!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You guys are not going to believe this but I was a metro detroiter for 30 years. Royal oak, Hazel Park, Mt Clemens and 8 years in New Baltimore. Also very familiar with Ontario, windsor, sarnia, all the way up to Toronto.
    I've been in Chicagoland last 15 years but will always be a michigander.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    @jvcinv Yay, another Michigander! One of my high school friends and her hubby (he's now a retired policeman) lived in Royal Oak. :-)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Metro Detroit here, by way of Tennessee!

I literately live about 3km from the river that separates Windsor from Detroit! As a matter of fact I love spending time at the river front!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    Metro Detroit here, by way of Tennessee!

I literately live about 3km from the river that separates Windsor from Detroit! As a matter of fact I love spending time at the river front!

Awesome! right around the corner! :#
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Welp - stayed right smack the same this week - combination of not being as strict as I should be and a little bit of plateauing I think - back on that horse to try again this week. No giving up - just learning, growing, and tryin' again! On to the next week! :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Hey, Steph!
    I think I will be right back where I was last week, too, after two days of PMS/TOM overeating. If so, I will need to borrow your attitude on Friday morning :) You're doing awesome!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Hey, Steph!
    I think I will be right back where I was last week, too, after two days of PMS/TOM overeating. If so, I will need to borrow your attitude on Friday morning :) You're doing awesome!

Thanks girl! For the first time ever I've actually truly quote-unquote embraced the idea of this being a forever thing so I'm not going to stress if I don't lose a ton every week however I do have a sneaking suspicion that as long as I'm good I'll hit that 185 next week which will make me do leaps of joy LOL
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You will totally hit 185!! That's the awesome thing about this - it doesn't seem stressful in the least... Woohoo!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    You will totally hit 185!! That's the awesome thing about this - it doesn't seem stressful in the least... Woohoo!

Agreed!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    n8gokyw9gpuo.jpg

OMAD yesterday - I clearly didn't eat it all LOL, my eyes were bigger than my stomach LMAO
    It was:
    Kielbasa and saurkraut - ate all of this
    Chicken Veggie thai curry - ate MOST of this
    Veggies and spinach dip - at all the dip, most of the veggies
    Pickles - ate 1
    Apple with PB2 - ate 3/4 of the apple and only a little of the PB2...turns out I don't like this particular brand (not PB2 brand, I'm not sure what brand it is LOL)
    Strawberries and grapes - ate most of these

Total Cals - 850

I was full right through until bedtime - it was a great OMAD day and tonight I'm thinking lettuce tacos - right back on track and this week will be AWESOME!

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yummy, minus the sauerkraut...I'm going to have tacos next week but my lettuce is going to be in my wrap :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Yummy, minus the sauerkraut...I'm going to have tacos next week but my lettuce is going to be in my wrap :p

This particular sauerkraut is Bavarian sauerkraut so it's sweeter and not as intense as regular...even my non sauerkraut people like it!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    This looks so good (minus the meat, of course)!!!! I love how colorful your meal is.Those veggies look yummy. I absolutely love sauerkraut - anything fermented/pickled really. And I would definitely not mind a nice curry right about now. I can't wait until I start cooking again!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    This looks so good (minus the meat, of course)!!!! I love how colorful your meal is.Those veggies look yummy. I absolutely love sauerkraut - anything fermented/pickled really. And I would definitely not mind a nice curry right about now. I can't wait until I start cooking again!!!

OMG I love ALL THINGS PICKLED AND FERMENTED TOO!!!! Like seriously! If you scroll back through my thread you'll see a picture...I found this little place near me that makes homemade pickled EVERYTHING - they don't even sell it in the store they run, I just got to chatting about it and she sold me some...SO COOL.

Curry - ohhhhhhhhhhhhh curry, how I love thee LOL. I love every kind - Thai curry, Indian curry, Moroccan curry. The options are ENDLESS and YUMMY!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    OMG I love ALL THINGS PICKLED AND FERMENTED TOO!!!! Like seriously! If you scroll back through my thread you'll see a picture...I found this little place near me that makes homemade pickled EVERYTHING - they don't even sell it in the store they run, I just got to chatting about it and she sold me some...SO COOL.

Curry - ohhhhhhhhhhhhh curry, how I love thee LOL. I love every kind - Thai curry, Indian curry, Moroccan curry. The options are ENDLESS and YUMMY!

Oh yeah! I do remember you posted about the pickled stuff you got when I was first going through your thread! I'm surprised I didn't respond to that! I can literally eat my weight in sushi ginger, kimchi, pickles, sauerkraut, etc! I even used to brew my own kombucha, and I used to take ACV cinnamon shots daily. I absolutely adore vinegar, so I think that's the real basis for this love affair :D
    I am also a HUGE curry fan. My best friend and I would go to the Indian buffet every Sunday in college as our hangover remedy, and it was always absolute HEAVEN. I LOVE bold flavors (and it seems like you do, too!), so I am naturally drawn to foods with tons of spice! Different types of curries are a mainstay in my diet. When I get my kitchen back, you will be tired of looking at curry photos! :p